PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   official GB when? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144852)

masetas 06-26-2011 06:23 PM

Re: official GB when?

Russian.. What?

Russiankungfu 06-26-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 2120695)
Russian.. What?

So so so sorry! In russia, spellin ows yu!

Sent from moter russia

masetas 06-27-2011 01:01 AM

Ok I guess

bjhill2112 06-27-2011 05:06 PM

To clarify - the EF02 leak (the latest from the samfirmware folks) is a test build that triggers an OTA modem update to the EF10 modem. The EF02 modem has some serious flaws that can cause serious problems.

So, if you install a ROM that is based on EF02, you *should* get an OTA notification to update the modem. If not, make sure that the first thing you do is Odin a different modem.

WanderingMinstrel 06-27-2011 06:02 PM

And also, as darren.wlsn1 has pointed out elsewhere, after you get that OTA notification to update to the EF10 modem and you do it, you will then get another notification to update again to EF02. A really bad idea lol. Even worse, if you are not paying attention or you ignore the update notification, it will do it AUTOMATICALLY. Which is happened to me on two occasions. Both times, locking my phone in airplane mode.

sryans2004 06-27-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2121305)
And also, as darren.wlsn1 has pointed out elsewhere, after you get that OTA notification to update to the EF10 modem and you do it, you will then get another notification to update again to EF02. A really bad idea lol. Even worse, if you are not paying attention or you ignore the update notification, it will do it AUTOMATICALLY. Which is happened to me on two occasions. Both times, locking my phone in airplane mode.

Lol, that must be why I got stuck in airplane mode multiple of times!

hakudoshi 06-28-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhill2112 (Post 2121265)
To clarify - the EF02 leak (the latest from the samfirmware folks) is a test build that triggers an OTA modem update to the EF10 modem. The EF02 modem has some serious flaws that can cause serious problems.

So, if you install a ROM that is based on EF02, you *should* get an OTA notification to update the modem. If not, make sure that the first thing you do is Odin a different modem.

Can you clarify more? I did the initial update to the samsprint leak with ef02, i then did an ota to the ef10 modem and then it reset my phone and upon reboot I had no service. Then I had a huge issue trying to odin the phone back to ef02, it bricked my phone basically and I had to odin back to ec05 and wipe the phone and reflash the gb leak again then odin to ef02 again... I am skeptical of trying the ota up to ef10. I am running marcusants i3 rom now and would love to do the ef10 upgrade it i dont completely lose service again.

Johnny.Bravo 06-28-2011 07:56 AM

I tried to update the modem manually. It downloaded the update but when it tried to install it I got a message that the installation was aborted due to some sort of error.

Also, as far as the airplane mode thing goes, all you have to do is pull the battery and wait about 30-45 seconds before you put it back and reboot. This will fix the problem (Its happened to me twice already).

Hypnotic2010 06-28-2011 08:15 AM

The latest from xda: ecooce

"I forgot to get back to you, sorry, but this is what I've heard, "They are trying to iron out the problems in the modem, this is the big delay, but its not the only thing being finished." This tells me everything but the modem was ready, and all else is being finalized while they get the modem 100%."

"Also look for a .rdf soon, "Look for 25-30, the next couple days,this should be final" , I remeber this person saying 25th-30th was a possible finish date... My fingers are crossed."

bjhill2112 06-28-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakudoshi (Post 2121445)
Can you clarify more? I did the initial update to the samsprint leak with ef02, i then did an ota to the ef10 modem and then it reset my phone and upon reboot I had no service. Then I had a huge issue trying to odin the phone back to ef02, it bricked my phone basically and I had to odin back to ec05 and wipe the phone and reflash the gb leak again then odin to ef02 again... I am skeptical of trying the ota up to ef10. I am running marcusants i3 rom now and would love to do the ef10 upgrade it i dont completely lose service again.

The OTA update worked fine for me using marcusants i1 ROM - I'm on i3 now (had to do a factory reset after installing). However, if I were you I'd just Odin the EC05 or EE03 modem.