PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Official EB13 Bugs/Fixes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
today i did a factory reset ... phone is still quite a bit buggy .. only thing i hoped for & was told would change is the keyboard input issue . . . it still sucks .... im looking to go backwards in time can anyone lead me to the direction of getting off 2.2 & back to 2.1 ??
follow the instructions for "Instructions: Update "EB13" Android 2.2.1 for Epic 4G (Easy)" till step 10

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...d-2-2-1-a.html

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

my computer doesnt like to recognize my device when in download mode .. any suggestions ?

Last edited by dumpringz; 02-27-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
my computer doesnt like to recognize my device when in download mode .. any suggestions ?
When I had that issue..I just connected the PC so it recognizes in USB debug mode...and have Odin open..then I shut off the phone via the VOL UP+VOL DOWN+CAMERA+POWER..then do Power+1 to get into download mode..aka I have the wire connected at all times without disconnecting...this trick most of the time works for me when I have issues...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
When I had that issue..I just connected the PC so it recognizes in USB debug mode...and have Odin open..then I shut off the phone via the VOL UP+VOL DOWN+CAMERA+POWER..then do Power+1 to get into download mode..aka I have the wire connected at all times without disconnecting...this trick most of the time works for me when I have issues...
didnt work but thanks for trying .... im frustrated lol ... my damn computer will recognize the phone when plugged in with debugging enabled but doesnt show up if i go to open it to drag a file there .. one of them days
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc3cuz View Post
Just tried to use my gps today for the first time with new updae and its SLOW!! Just stayed at the seraching for gps. While I waited on my slow gps my gf pulled up on her evo and it started right up. Anybody else having gps issues? My gps worked jut fine on stock rom befre update
also, make sure use wireless networks is checked, gps and wifi is turned on(now ive gotten gps locks without wifi, but sometimes it wouldnt find me till i turned it on..hit or miss i guess)

but in unrelated news. has anyone did ##786# on stock eb13 rooted with cwm 2.5.5??? i did so for kix and when it restarted, i was missing like half of the stock apps. odin'd back to stock eb13 and all is well now...was jus wondering if sum1 knu why that wud happen
Old 02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
didnt work but thanks for trying .... im frustrated lol ... my damn computer will recognize the phone when plugged in with debugging enabled but doesnt show up if i go to open it to drag a file there .. one of them days
When I had this issue I had to go into the device manager and get windows to install the proper drivers. Another method you might try is using this: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

It's the EB13 exe. Install it and run it to the point of where it installs the drivers then cancel out of it, then try loading DI18 in odin.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
follow the instructions for "Instructions: Update "EB13" Android 2.2.1 for Epic 4G (Easy)" till step 10

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-epi...d-2-2-1-a.html

what a p.i.t.a but i finally am back on DI18 .... thanks . . . also i had to resort to using an old laptop to have my device recognized .. must be something up with me PC
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Samsung Epic

JHComputerGuy is keeping up the good workJHComputerGuy is keeping up the good work

Great, this froyo update really sucks. Had updated and internet was going very slow. Did a factory reset and now market won't download or install anything.. anyone else have that problem?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

only issue I am having is randomly my ringtones stop working with ringo pro when I go check it shows unknown file so I have to unmount and re-mount the micro-sd card and it works
Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Pacman. is a n00b

so i used my gps for the first time to get to another town in nebraska, worked like a charm and got me there. then on the way back i booted it up again to come back. and it told me i had 70 miles to go and was taking me a route i have never gone before, i was only 45 miles from where i needed to go and no matter how i changed it it would always say the same thing. even when i looked up a business to drive to which said was 44 miles away when it booted up it would say 70. i just had my friend grab his verizon phone to use to get us back. i made sure i didnt have any special settings on, like avoid interstate

Loading Swagger...
███████████████████
100% Complete

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G