PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering and taking on the phone

i didnt see a wiki on this or another post. while i had the tethering app on my phone on and using my computer, i got a phone call, then i lost my internet connection.

is there a way to do both at the same time. or is this like not being able to go on the internet and talking on ur phone at the same time?
btw i was tethering using wifi.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:13 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: tethering and taking on the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
i didnt see a wiki on this or another post. while i had the tethering app on my phone on and using my computer, i got a phone call, then i lost my internet connection.

is there a way to do both at the same time. or is this like not being able to go on the internet and talking on ur phone at the same time?
not gonna happen. lol thats why i use pdanet while tethered cause you can text from pc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

cloudtp2 is just getting started

ahhhhhhh man!!!. that sucks. some1 fix this!!! u guys fix everything else damit. lol

j/k. u guys are awesome.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
ahhhhhhh man!!!. that sucks. some1 fix this!!! u guys fix everything else damit. lol

j/k. u guys are awesome.

Sure its a simple fix..all you gotta do is get sprint to upgrade ALL of their towers to the SVDO revision of EVDO...simple as cake..get to it

Its a limitation of CDMA technology..nothing you can do about it..the only time you can avoid it is if you have 4g and use 4g for data..then when you receive a phone call it won't interrupt your data...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

Quote:

lol not going to happen if you're on CDMA network... if you're on GSM network like at&t and tmobile... you can voice and data at the same time. But not on the CDMA. Currently, Verizon and Sprint are using this technology and you can't do both at the same time. Period. If you have a google number use that to make/receive calls or text-ing though voip/sip technology.

All while it works now... but I'm not sure if this service will be affected when Net neutrality sets in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not gonna happen. lol thats why i use pdanet while tethered cause you can text from pc.
Text from a pc using what? If receive a text message from your phone you are disconnected from the internet for a short period before being reconnected... sprint phones take sms/voice as the top priority... second is data so if you're receiving lots of text messages while streaming a youtube videos at the same time you can watch your buffer get slowed a little bit. Both sms and voice will get you disconnected.

Last edited by youngblack; 12-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:08 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
lol not going to happen if you're on CDMA network... if you're on GSM network like at&t and tmobile... you can voice and data at the same time. But not on the CDMA. Currently, Verizon and Sprint are using this technology and you can't do both at the same time. Period. If you have a google number use that to make/receive calls or text-ing though voip/sip technology.

All while it works now... but I'm not sure if this service will be affected when Net neutrality sets in.

Text from a pc using what? If receive a text message from your phone you are disconnected from the internet for a short period before being reconnected... sprint phones take sms/voice as the top priority... second is data so if you're receiving lots of text messages while streaming a youtube videos at the same time you can watch your buffer get slowed a little bit. Both sms and voice will get you disconnected.
your wrong bro, please dont call me out on this cause im doing it as we speak. may wanna read up on pdanet cause if your tethered and someone texts you and there in your contacts you will get the text on pc and ppc and IT WILL NOT DISCONNECT, im usb tethered now while dling a torrent and on ppcg and just now got a text.

http://www.junefabrics.com/android/

they even say they improved sms agent, wonder why they would improve something that is not possible? i know why, you can text while tethered and not loose connection.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-22-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:17 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The ability to send/receive text messages via your PC while tethered is the main reason I use PDANet instead of Wifi tether. Its an awesome feature.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
The ability to send/receive text messages via your PC while tethered is the main reason I use PDANet instead of Wifi tether. Its an awesome feature.
stop your lying, its not possible. thanx
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

KEYPPC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
lol not going to happen if you're on CDMA network... if you're on GSM network like at&t and tmobile... you can voice and data at the same time. But not on the CDMA.
When using WIFI or 4g, u can voice & data @ the same time...

Sent from EPIC 4G Using Tapatalk On'eim...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
acs tester

more on pdanet, im still tethered and im also using phone internet looking at reported post on ppcg so that works too. just sayin.......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G