PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sharing my Juice Defender settings

I wanted to share my settings for Juice Defender.

Currently, it shows x2.29 increase in battery life/performance. The longest time I've gone on a full single charge was a day and a half. After being unplugged for approx. 36 hours I still had a slight bit of blue left in the indicator and decided to charge it again.

My settings are as follows:
  • Timeout - Do nothing
  • Schedule - Enable Data/Wifi for 5min every 2hrs.
  • Night - Keep data/wifi disabled from 11pm till 4:30 am
  • Battery - keep data/wifi disabled while below 10%
  • Traffic - Leave data/wifi enabled while > 50KB/15s (might change this though because streaming audio cuts off after screen times out.)
  • peak - do nothing
  • apps - do nothing
  • Screen - leave data/wifi enabled while screen on
  • Location - keep wifi disabled while distance > 1336m

I hope this helps.

Last edited by daddymikey1975; 09-18-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Sharing my Juice Defender settings

Thanks for sharing. I've messed around a bit with Juice Defender but really haven't benefited from it....I'm either at work with barely any signal (and on the charger)...or at home and on WiFi.

How were you able to change your distance setting for your Location tab? Mine seems to set to a default of 50m.

Thanks,
Coz
Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

156 people have read this and only 3 have thanked me.. LOL.. ahh well.

at least I was able to share HEH..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Thanks for sharing. I've messed around a bit with Juice Defender but really haven't benefited from it....I'm either at work with barely any signal (and on the charger)...or at home and on WiFi.

How were you able to change your distance setting for your Location tab? Mine seems to set to a default of 50m.

Thanks,
Coz
Coz, not sure how the distance got to be 1336.. I don't see anywhere that I'm able to change it. Juice defender plugged this in for me some how.

I do have Ultimate juice as well FWIW.. it gives juice defender some additional functionality.

I can tell you that I personally can get a day and a half (plus) on one charge by using this. Without it, barely a full day (with light to moderate use)

Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for the feedback Mikey. I'll followup on Ultimate Juice and see what extra functionality it adds.

Otherwise, keep us updated on your battery life and any further changes you make.

late,
Coz
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work

it's the fact that you have ultimate that makes this thread mean nothing to me. I can't change 1/2 the things you are talking about here.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is absolutely awesome... thank you. This is the first app i paid for from market... its 9am and usually I'm at 40% or less.. I'm still at 90% totally appreciate the info
Old 09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
it's the fact that you have ultimate that makes this thread mean nothing to me. I can't change 1/2 the things you are talking about here.
Hopefully I won't get in trouble for suggesting that there are other places to get apps than the market. (hint hint)

I found Ultimate somewhere else, tried it, liked it, helped ALOT, purchased it. 'nuff said.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
Hopefully I won't get in trouble for suggesting that there are other places to get apps than the market. (hint hint)

I found Ultimate somewhere else, tried it, liked it, helped ALOT, purchased it. 'nuff said.

Hope this helps.
There is nothing wrong with getting apps outside the market or linking to other places...as long as those said places are legal. (and by that I mean developers earn the money, not some person who stole them off the market)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is nothing wrong with getting apps outside the market or linking to other places...as long as those said places are legal. (and by that I mean developers earn the money, not some person who stole them off the market)
Then I'll leave my previous suggestion as just that.. a suggestion HOWEVER.. I really SUGGEST if someone were to find somewhere other than the market to get ultimate for little to no cost (to try it out) PLEASE support the developer and buy it. (I did).. after all, it's the developers that REALLY make our devices what they truly can be.

Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Coz-erator

Yes, lets ensure that we are indeed discussing sources that support legal software and that the developers are receiving their well-earned scrillia.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G