PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Root (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133550)

fa5spoon 12-02-2010 03:35 PM

Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Why is it when i want to restore a certain ROM it says "MD5 mismatch!"

gorillaguzzler 12-02-2010 03:44 PM

Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Ro

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa5spoon (Post 2006028)
Why is it when i want to restore a certain ROM it says "MD5 mismatch!"

The first thing I would check is did you rename the backup? If you did there cannot be spaces in the name.

fa5spoon 12-02-2010 03:44 PM

im also getting a lot of force close errors for random things, what can i do to fix this? thanks

fa5spoon 12-03-2010 01:52 AM

so i tried to unroot my phone back to stock, and using odin the operation failed, and i took the battery out and put it back in now i can turn the phone or anything, is there anything else i can do?

gTen 12-03-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa5spoon (Post 2006446)
so i tried to unroot my phone back to stock, and using odin the operation failed, and i took the battery out and put it back in now i can turn the phone or anything, is there anything else i can do?

ok lets start from the beginning:

1) what are you trying to do?

2) what is the current condition your phone is in?

fa5spoon 12-03-2010 02:11 AM

i was trying to unroot my phone and put it back to stock. so i ran odin and the correct pit. files and tar. file but it kept saying fail. and to redo and try again i removed the battery and now it wont go back to download mode or do anything.

gTen 12-03-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa5spoon (Post 2006453)
i was trying to unroot my phone and put it back to stock. so i ran odin and the correct pit. files and tar. file but it kept saying fail. and to redo and try again i removed the battery and now it wont go back to download mode or do anything.

did you md5 checksum the files before flashing them? also did the box on top glow a different color when you did the flashing?

also what version of odin did you use?

and lastly, if you unplug from usb and take the battery out now, and put it back in..then turn it on normally..what happens? do you see anything?

Johnny.Bravo 12-03-2010 08:01 AM

One other thing to consider. Flashing really eats up your battery. Was it fully charged when you started this process? Maybe you just need to charge the battery. FYI when the Epic gets worked really hard and heats up the internal charging circuit turns itself off until it cools down.

fa5spoon 12-03-2010 02:51 PM

Ok got it working! Thanks a lot for everyones reply.

fa5spoon 12-03-2010 06:50 PM

I have another issues, ever since rooting and installing a ROM i dont get 4G connection, when i click 4G in the notification bar it wont do anything, sometimes it'll say "On.." but it wont replace the 3G notification with a 4G one.. any fixes?