PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 2.0 [AIO] EH17 | 11/07

GINGERBREAD ROM

2.3.4 EH17 "ThunderHawk" v.2.0 Semi-Official [Journaled]
2.3.4 EG22 "ThunderHawk" v.1.2 Semi-Official [Journaled]
EG22 AIO Volume/Hotspot/Lockscreen/Overscroll/Lag Fix
The first rom to combine ALL of these great mods!

Updated 11/07/2011
Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!

I maintain RandomROM as a distribution across multiple forums. As such, the bulk of the information, details, etc. is maintained on my site. Rest assured, the links below will take you to aforementioned site where you will find all of the information you require regularly updated on how to use this rom. No subscription required. Always free (donations appreciated, never required). All of my roms, mods, themes, guides, etc. can be found on this easy to navigate site as well as my blog for upcoming updates. As always, I will still answer questions here.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, divorce, bankruptcy, acne, etc. Please do some research if you are a first time flasher BEFORE flashing this rom. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me if something goes wrong with your device, I will laugh. By downloading, you agree to have read all pertinent information provided and to accept any and all responsibility subsequently.

Home Of The AIO Mod For EG22.

I have updated and merged necrosan's wifi tether mod and mkasick's volume rocker mod together, as they change the same framework.jar. This means that Sprint Hotspot will work freely without an additional Wifi Tether app, and that your volume rocker can now seamlessly transition from silent, to vibrate, to loud. Included in this conglomeration are also maddoggin's lockscreen mod and qbking77's overscroll glow mod, as well as the CRT animation. This will currently remain known as the AIO mod, and version 4 is the latest. It is included in the RandomROM EG22 theme.

To any rom/theme developers: Feel free to utilize this mod but be sure to reference myself and all aforementioned developers involved. It took a lot of time and effort to make these great features play nicely and it's important to keep the original creators in the loop.

Why Should I Use RandomROM?

This rom is a personal hobby of mine to maintain the greatest battery life that I can. I've scoured the forums searching for the newest and greatest tweaks, mods, etc. to include, and then carefully tested them all for battery performance. I've also made additional changes, developments, and additions all my own. As such, this rom has compiled the excellent work of many great developers into my own ideas and configurations. Contained within are many useful apps pre-installed as well as an effort to replicate my exact setup which has yielded me 0-1% battery loss per hour maximum when idle! On good days it's now beating RandomROM EC05 Phoenix!

All included apps have been RandomKing-Approved to conform with the best battery usage. I'm always on the lookout for more tweaks, possible thematic changes, etc. There should be no issues, but should I happen to find one, I may simply release a patch or quietly switch out the upload version.

Many of you have complained that others achieve much better battery life. The goal of RandomRom is to provide MY setup that's provided me with great battery life. Further details are available in the changelog of post 2, as well as more specific details and usage stats.

SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOADS:If you like my work, click the Thanks button or Donate a beer!

CHANGELOG:

CREDITS:
First and foremost, a huge thanks to the guys at Samfirmware for making this possible!
This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users. Huge thanks to necrosan, maddoggin, sbrissen, mkasick, chris41g, qbking77, optmsprim2, tortel1210, nubecoder, deano0714, and more to be listed!!

Last edited by RandomKing; 12-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Screenshots, Downloads, Changelog, Themes, and Credits

You've got questions, here's some answers!

Really wish that you could return to the stock fonts?Can't figure out how to make the battery percentage appear?
  • It's under Settings > Lockscreen Settings > Statusbar Settings
Want the battery icon, and not just the percentage?
  • Same deal as before, except you have to hide battery icon, and then un-hide it. Wait a moment.
When should I use the AIO mod?
  • If you're on a rom that doesn't have it, or you flashed an EG22 theme that doesn't include it.

Here's what's going on in the world of RandomROM!

RandomROM Current Version
  • Hawk v.2 | Updated 8/17
RandomROM Upcoming Version
  • Falcon | Updated 8/--
EG22 AIO Mod Version
  • Final | Updated 8/17
  • Rotation Lag Fix Included
EG22 Theme + AIO Mod Version
  • 6 | Updated 8/17
  • Matches Hawk v.2

Last edited by RandomKing; 08-18-2011 at 12:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.3 HAWK [Journaled] EG22 | 8/12

Best gb rom I have used, 2days with no issues and such a great mix of apps cooked in. first gb I used that "face recognition app" works on.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I was going to load eh06, but I would love more battery life so...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] RandomROM 2.3 HAWK [Journaled] EG22 | 8/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Best gb rom I have used, 2days with no issues and such a great mix of apps cooked in. first gb I used that "face recognition app" works on.
Never used it, but I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
I was going to load eh06, but I would love more battery life so...
It surprised even me. Google really did their homework with GB, but they still left a mess and many things to be desired...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Darren, Which modem works best for you and your phone when you are on this rom? Just curious.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
Darren, Which modem works best for you and your phone when you are on this rom? Just curious.
was loving EH but it went from using 4g to roaming while standing still so i went back to this EG i tested and love, lots of cool pluses in "EG22plus" lol

[KERNEL][CWM Flashable] EG22Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked Superuser.apk Su Busybox Built-In
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK 2.0 [AIO] EH17 | 11/07

It gets to be a lot with all of the development and site management I solely handle, bunch of updates coming this way long over due!

Epic 4G: | RandomROM EH17 ThunderHawk | RandomROM EC05 Phoenix | OneClick / Odin | Battery Save!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development

Tags
gingerbread, randomking, randomrom