PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   [ROM][AA][EXT4] AnonymousROM i3 [2.3] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144974)

Lynyrd65 06-28-2011 12:00 AM

Re: [ROM][AA][EXT4] AnonymousROM i3 [2.3]

I am just so excited about this rom I feel that I can't even adequately begin to describe how great it is but I'll try. I started using my phone this morning at 8:00 am. I watched a couple episodes of chapelle's show on netflix and used it the way I always do and I still have 40% battery right now at 10:54pm. I am beyond impressed with the battery life.

The UI is great, everything works. This rom is so great that I don't even care about CM7 that much anymore. This rom is so AOSP like out the gate with GB launcher it feels like a nexus and I love it.

Thank you marcusant for the best rom I have ever used on this phone. It is truely top notch. I don't care what they say about you, you are a real dev and a great one.

As far as kanging goes and the drama surrounding it. I give you a famous quote.
Quote:

Originally Posted by William Ralph Inge
Originality is undetected plagiarism.

Unless you create your own programming language or work in raw assembler everyone has to kang something so don't listen to the haters but keep on giving credit to those that help you like you already do.

Ungovernable1977 06-28-2011 01:17 AM

anyone get netflix to work with this ROM? I changed the ro.product.model to Nexus S, as well as product name and product device, (in build.prop) as advised in a thread in the general here... just wondering if theres something in the build.prop of this ROM that is stopping me. Also, ive tried to run netflix once from this installation already, so I am wondering if thats the issue.... ideas?
thanks!

esteway.619 06-28-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ungovernable1977 (Post 2121424)
anyone get netflix to work with this ROM? I changed the ro.product.model to Nexus S, as well as product name and product device, (in build.prop) as advised in a thread in the general here... just wondering if theres something in the build.prop of this ROM that is stopping me. Also, ive tried to run netflix once from this installation already, so I am wondering if thats the issue.... ideas?
thanks!

It works fine for me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ungovernable1977 06-28-2011 02:16 AM

well, did it with ES, and it just didn't work, checked the market first, then tried an .apk I had from the first GB leak, no worky... BUT, I had installed netflix and logged in once, it just wouldnt let me play anything instantly. I may reflash this and try again straight away, so you just changed the device in those 3 values? Oh, and also upon reboot Pingchat FC'd... im pretty sure its related, worked great before, and I just manually reset the build.prop values back to the real device... weird... thanks for the input! Now I know im probly doing something wrong...

hakudoshi 06-28-2011 04:32 AM

What will happen if I try and do the OTA EF10 update with this ROM? Wanna make sure my phone won't implode or something if I try it. :)

MuDDuQ 06-28-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakudoshi (Post 2121458)
What will happen if I try and do the OTA EF10 update with this ROM? Wanna make sure my phone won't implode or something if I try it. :)

I dont think you can OTA this rom you would need to install ef02 stock rom update to ef10 and then add this rom

hotwired34 06-28-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ungovernable1977 (Post 2121382)
Defected from XDA as well... keep it up Marcusant! using i3 with ef10 modem, working great so far, good batt life as well... good enough I may re-enable journaling...

I'm not sure I can say that I defected from XDA because I started here at PPCGeeks. I had been addicted to this site when I had my Touch Pro and started visiting XDA heavily when I got the Epic.
I have to say, as far as the welcome and professionalism and sense of community on this site compared to XDA is incredible...it's almost embarrassing over there at XDA. The community is larger, but there are so many a-holes. Every topic/question/post results in a troll war.

Thanks to everyone here at PPCGeeks. I am happy to be back!

Now...on to a few questions!
AMac...did reverting back to the EE02 or EC05 modem help with your shutdowns? I am interested to see if you flashed the newer EF10 modem if that would help.

I also wanted to know if anyone was seeing an issue with the phone charging and not staying charged. When I wake up in the morning, I have the 'Battery Full' blue LED and the notification area shows that the battery charged fully...but when I remove it from the charger, it's at 65-75%. I track my battery usage with a battery widget and in the past, once it reached full charge, it would then cycle between 95% or so and 100% for the rest of the night...until I would take it off the charger. Now, once it reaches 100%, it slowly starts to discharge until I take it off the charger (about 6 hours later).

Oh...and Marcusant...Who's your brother?

mephime 06-28-2011 07:53 AM

I tried the rom it work good except 4g didnt connect, I like aa v7 so I went back to that one every thing works plus glass lock and trans are very nice

amac35 06-28-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwired34 (Post 2121475)
I'm not sure I can say that I defected from XDA because I started here at PPCGeeks. I had been addicted to this site when I had my Touch Pro and started visiting XDA heavily when I got the Epic.
I have to say, as far as the welcome and professionalism and sense of community on this site compared to XDA is incredible...it's almost embarrassing over there at XDA. The community is larger, but there are so many a-holes. Every topic/question/post results in a troll war.

Thanks to everyone here at PPCGeeks. I am happy to be back!

Now...on to a few questions!
AMac...did reverting back to the EE02 or EC05 modem help with your shutdowns? I am interested to see if you flashed the newer EF10 modem if that would help.

I also wanted to know if anyone was seeing an issue with the phone charging and not staying charged. When I wake up in the morning, I have the 'Battery Full' blue LED and the notification area shows that the battery charged fully...but when I remove it from the charger, it's at 65-75%. I track my battery usage with a battery widget and in the past, once it reached full charge, it would then cycle between 95% or so and 100% for the rest of the night...until I would take it off the charger. Now, once it reaches 100%, it slowly starts to discharge until I take it off the charger (about 6 hours later).

Oh...and Marcusant...Who's your brother?

I reverted to EC05 and my battery life seemed to be getting used up rather quickly. Now I am on EE03 and no shutdowns so far :mrgreen: I was thinking about moving to EF10 but I would have to go back to stock EF02 and OTA to EF10. I'm liking the ROM and stability right now. Thanks Marcusant!

As for the battery..I was experiencing similar issues a few weeks back. I took suggestions from others and it has helped my battery. Charge your battery to 100 %. Boot into CWM and wipe the battery stats. Then drain your battery through regular use down to nothing. Then charge it uninterrupted back to 100 %. That worked for me.

shane6374 06-28-2011 10:18 AM

This is the first time I'm going to have to recalibrate my battery. It just jumps all over the place after booting into cwm.

devi0124 06-28-2011 10:41 AM

I came here strictly because of the marcusant issue... I don't care who did what...marcus put it all together and made gb useable...thanks man....f the haters

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

maxxed 06-28-2011 11:12 AM

hey marcus hows the next release coming along?!

shane6374 06-28-2011 12:46 PM

Just throwing this out there because I love attention. lol

I have an 8 lockscreen version of Dark Horse running flawlessly (through my testing) on my phone right now with this rom. I know that EF02 is very lacking in themes to this point. The lockscreens are the same as what I had previously released on EC05 plus the stock MIUI lockscreen and themed SGS2 lockscreen. I want to make some changes to the lockscreens, but in the mean time I'm thinking of posting it here and ACS for who ever want to play with it since it's going to be a few days before I can do it (damn life). Lemme know if anyone is interested in this, and I'll post it up over in my dark horse thread after work tonight.

darren.wlsn1 06-28-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2121605)

I have an 8 lockscreen version of Dark Horse running flawlessly (through my testing) on my phone right now with this rom. I know that EF02 is very lacking in themes to this point. The lockscreens are the same as what I had previously released on EC05 plus the stock MIUI lockscreen and themed SGS2 lockscreen. I want to make some changes to the lockscreens, but in the mean time I'm thinking of posting it here and ACS for who ever want to play with it since it's going to be a few days before I can do it (damn life). Lemme know if anyone is interested in this, and I'll post it up over in my dark horse thread after work tonight.

thanx shane, i like to play so post it up.

ksmullins88 06-28-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2121605)

ill try it! ive been using the revolution theme and im gettin sick of the green and orange.

are there any issues with the lockscreen on Dark Horse?
because on revo, the SGSII lockscreen has the music buttons screwed up and the glass lock screen doesnt look right.

shane6374 06-28-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmullins88 (Post 2121632)
ill try it! ive been using the revolution theme and im gettin sick of the green and orange.

are there any issues with the lockscreen on Dark Horse?
because on revo, the SGSII lockscreen has the music buttons screwed up and the glass lock screen doesnt look right.

I'll have to look at that theme. I don't have music buttons on the sgs2 lock, but the glass lockscreen looks right, but it's stock.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk

hakudoshi 06-28-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuDDuQ (Post 2121470)
I dont think you can OTA this rom you would need to install ef02 stock rom update to ef10 and then add this rom

I was able to update the PRL with no issues, if I try and do any of the other OTA updates are you saying it just wont download?

shane6374 06-28-2011 07:17 PM

Posted the lockscreen theme in the darkhorse thread post 2. If you want themed facebook and market be sure to follow the instructions.

Sent from the Epic Dark Horse via Tapatalk

DubzEm 06-28-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ungovernable1977 (Post 2121424)
thanks!

It wasn't working for me either so I flashed the inception rom, which has the app built in, backed it up with titanium then reflashed this rom and it works great now. I'm sure there's an easier way but that's what worked for me

brack21 06-28-2011 10:52 PM

How do you recal your batter?

Trident 06-28-2011 10:52 PM

I see I'm not alone in this. I love the way this ROM looks and works, but I'm getting horrendous battery life. And tonight, I got some behavior that I can only call a "soft" reboot- the screen just seemed to refresh. I didn't get the whole boot sequence/animations, but I did see my battery stats go to zero then back to about 30%. I think that the card got scanned as well. I know I lost all radio connections.
Another thing I noticed is that the phone is getting warm --> hot when used a lot or when charging. Didn't see this with other ROMs or stock.
I'm not sure if I should try to use a different modem or what's causing this. I don't have time to do the whole battery calibration thing.

Lynyrd65 06-28-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 2121884)
I see I'm not alone in this. I love the way this ROM looks and works, but I'm getting horrendous battery life. And tonight, I got some behavior that I can only call a "soft" reboot- the screen just seemed to refresh. I didn't get the whole boot sequence/animations, but I did see my battery stats go to zero then back to about 30%. I think that the card got scanned as well. I know I lost all radio connections.
Another thing I noticed is that the phone is getting warm --> hot when used a lot or when charging. Didn't see this with other ROMs or stock.
I'm not sure if I should try to use a different modem or what's causing this. I don't have time to do the whole battery calibration thing.

I have had a very different experience. My phone is always cool to the touch and has truly epic battery life. You might try this setup

1. Get into recovery and flash CWM Recovery 3.1.0.1 then reboot recovery
2. Flash EF02 stock or an EC05 rom
3. Odin EF02 Modem (put the modem tar in the PDA section and uncheck everything except autoreboot)
4. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates
5. Tap update firmware and let phone reboot
6. Wait for a message asking you to update again to appear
7. Hit Cancel
8. Turn Off your Phone
9. Get into recovery
10. Wipe data/cache/dalvik x3
11. Flash Odex EF02 Stock
12. Flash it again
13. Reboot
14. Turn off your phone
15. Get back into recovery
16. Wipe data/cache/dalvik/Battery Stats x3
17. Flash Anonymous Rom i3
18. Wait 5 minutes after it finishes to touch the phone
19. Flash it again
20. Wait 5 minutes after it finishes to touch the phone
21. Reboot
22. Join Google Voice by using your sprint number with Google Voice (option 1)
23. Use the Google Voice app for voicemail and sms
24. Turn Off your phone
25. Get into recovery
26. Wipe cache/dalvik/Battery Stats x3 NOT DATA!!!!!!!!
24. Flash GPS fix
25. Reboot
26. Profit

Specs:
EF10 modem
GPS Fix
GV Voicemail/sms

This gave me great speed (phone not network), accurate GPS, transcribed voice mail, working full screen FFC, working netflix and excellent battery life.

maxxed 06-28-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brack21 (Post 2121881)
How do you recal your batter?

https://market.android.com/details?i...erycalibration

shane6374 06-29-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynyrd65 (Post 2121889)
I have had a very different experience. My phone is always cool to the touch and has truly epic battery life. You might try this setup

Specs:
EF10 modem
GPS Fix
GV Voicemail/sms

This gave me great speed (phone not network), accurate GPS, transcribed voice mail, working full screen FFC, working netflix and excellent battery life.

Just so everyone understands, different modems can and will affect your phone differently depending on your location. A lot of what was in this post is good to try, and can help your battery life. The one thing I would change is the points about the modem. I've tried both the EF02 and EF10 modems with no success. Here were my issues with these modems:
1. Terrible 3g speeds
2. Connection issues - voice & data
3. No GPS lock
All of which led to
4. Terrible battery life.

Ungovernable1977 06-29-2011 02:47 AM

The .apk on this page is working great for me... no device check! had to reflash though (not necessary to my knowledge for netflix, did it for other errors), got ram dump or reset button error.... FC's.... probly me messing with the build.prop.... idunno...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1076491&page=5

hakudoshi 06-29-2011 03:26 AM

well i odin'ed back to ee03 lets see how it goes

Shakim24 06-29-2011 05:52 AM

I'm trying to install the lockscreen but its not flashing. What am I doing wrong. I'm on the right modem

darren.wlsn1 06-29-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakim24 (Post 2121963)
I'm trying to install the lockscreen but its not flashing. What am I doing wrong. I'm on the right modem

not sure what modem has to do with it but i would dl zip again, might be bad dl,

scuckinghunter 06-29-2011 10:39 AM

been runnin i3 from before thread was closed on xda and its been fantastic. no hot phone, no reboots or SOD. everything has been flawless except for the rotation lag(thats just the EF02 tho) and yes battery life isnt that great(again the workins in EF02) once source or official GB comes out things will get way better in those areas tho. no prob with GPS here. thanks for all your work MArcusant. cant wait for i4 =D

lballer69 06-29-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuckinghunter (Post 2122036)
been runnin i3 from before thread was closed on xda and its been fantastic. no hot phone, no reboots or SOD. everything has been flawless except for the rotation lag(thats just the EF02 tho) and yes battery life isnt that great(again the workins in EF02) once source or official GB comes out things will get way better in those areas tho. no prob with GPS here. thanks for all your work MArcusant. cant wait for i4 =D

try this it improved my rotation lag ..........

[FIX][CWM]Rotation lag fix for EF02 - Page 6 - xda-developers

Ungovernable1977 06-29-2011 02:18 PM

On previous GB leaks, pretty much every one I tried, I had horrible battery, ran hot, all sorts of craziness. On this iteration, quite the opposite. Battery has been awesome (been using battery calibration app, no batt widget crap, just Roam Control due to my service at home), voice calls seem to suck a lot more, and theres a runaway system service... or seems so... just reflashed last night, I had no problems on this first flash until I played with the build.prop, idunno what I did, but that seemed to screw the pooch. Anyways, the netflix app I linked to above works great, just no device check, so until I find another app I want that isn't 'allowed' for the epic, ill stick with that... that is unless Marcus feels like making us Nexus S's in the next build. Off to check Xtra Drama Association for the news on the playbook... see if we may be getting official any time soon. Thanks again Marcus, keep up the good work!

sneezy316 06-29-2011 02:38 PM

Hi, good job on this rom Marcus!
Thank you for the work.
Anybody losing icons on the tw launcher after going to landscape? The dock icons and the app icons in the app drawers disappear, but you can still select the empty spot to launch the app. Thanks.

Trident 06-29-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

1. Get into recovery and flash CWM Recovery 3.1.0.1 then reboot recovery
2. Flash EF02 stock or an EC05 rom
3. Odin EF02 Modem (put the modem tar in the PDA section and uncheck everything except autoreboot)
4. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates
5. Tap update firmware and let phone reboot
6. Wait for a message asking you to update again to appear
7. Hit Cancel
8. Turn Off your Phone
9. Get into recovery
10. Wipe data/cache/dalvik x3
11. Flash Odex EF02 Stock
12. Flash it again
13. Reboot
14. Turn off your phone
15. Get back into recovery
16. Wipe data/cache/dalvik/Battery Stats x3
17. Flash Anonymous Rom i3
18. Wait 5 minutes after it finishes to touch the phone
19. Flash it again
20. Wait 5 minutes after it finishes to touch the phone
21. Reboot
24. Turn Off your phone
25. Get into recovery
26. Wipe cache/dalvik/Battery Stats x3 NOT DATA!!!!!!!!
24. Flash GPS fix
25. Reboot
26. Profit

Specs:
EF10 modem
GPS Fix
GV Voicemail/sms

Two things... first, I'm going to do a NANDROID backup before any of this.
2nd, I'm still having an issue trying to connect my phone via USB to my PC. Anyone care to provide explicit directions to use ODIN? I've got Odin3 v1.61 running...

Oooh. 3rd thing. Should I do the normal multi-wipe after step #1? Do I need to reboot and then go into recovery again after each flash or just keep on doing everything?

[figured out how to use ODIN]
Step #6 & 7 never happened....
Confirming... #2 & #11 are using the same file, right?

shane6374 06-29-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 2122238)
Two things... first, I'm going to do a NANDROID backup before any of this.
2nd, I'm still having an issue trying to connect my phone via USB to my PC. Anyone care to provide explicit directions to use ODIN? I've got Odin3 v1.61 running...

Oooh. 3rd thing. Should I do the normal multi-wipe after step #1? Do I need to reboot and then go into recovery again after each flash or just keep on doing everything?

Try different usb ports. If there is one thing I would really flame Sammy for on this phone it's the crappy drivers.

Trident 06-29-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shane6374 (Post 2122253)
Try different usb ports. If there is one thing I would really flame Sammy for on this phone it's the crappy drivers.

It still wouldn't work until I got into Download mode by holding the 1 while powering up.

Ungovernable1977 06-29-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 2122263)
It still wouldn't work until I got into Download mode by holding the 1 while powering up.

With the USB, NEVER use the stock cable for anything but charging, ALWAYS plug into a USB port in the back ON the motherboard of your PC (or guess and check with laptop), and installing drivers is crazy... what I do is install them, let it go thru a few diff. device installations, I think it hangs on modem usually, after it has hung on one device for like 5 mins, then unplug the USB and replug it FAST, it will usually trip up the driver install and keep going. You can see if your connection is consistent by opening odin, connecting the USB, then let it sit for a while, it should say connected! and disconnected! if it is a bad connection, if its good it should stay connected. Im pretty sure Odin doesn't recognize the Epic unless you're in download mode, and thats the only way you should use it. Sometimes you have to reinstall the drivers a few times, it sux, but once you get a PC set up to work, it should stay that way, given the same USB port and cable, etc... if you have to reinstall the drivers, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, go into odin... hope that helps... if u need more info, look on xda at the old info about the oneclick roots, from when it was inconsistent, there were tons of threads about getting adb and odin to connect, as it was more consistent to input each command off the script one after the other in adb shell... took a few, but was faster than 30 tries of the old oneclick... now the oneclick is pretty flawless.

Trident 06-29-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

24. Turn Off your phone

OK. When I get to this section... I've already got Google Voice. I think you're just saying that I login using my gmail account, go on the market and get
the GV app. Right?

Trident 06-29-2011 07:14 PM

Everything was going well, when all of a sudden, I lost service. I tried to make a call, and was informed that I was in Airplane mode. When I try to remove the check from the box, it just stalls and will never go away. I can long-press on the power button and toggle Airplane mode there, but it doesn't actually change. Crap.
Only thing I can see that might not have worked correctly was the last steps where I was trying to get to EF10. It said it was doing so, but didn't seem to complete. And when I go into the settings, it says I'm still on EF02.

Used ODIN to put EF02 back on and all seems well again. :)

piscesjoey 06-29-2011 09:14 PM

Yo Marcus, just stopping by to say I'm glad to see you on this side man. What happened to you on XDA wasn't fair at all, but you're in good hands here at PPCGeeks! Now on topic, your ROM rocks, keep up the good work, as you're part of the future in mobile development!

darren.wlsn1 06-30-2011 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 2122307)
Everything was going well, when all of a sudden, I lost service. I tried to make a call, and was informed that I was in Airplane mode. When I try to remove the check from the box, it just stalls and will never go away. I can long-press on the power button and toggle Airplane mode there, but it doesn't actually change. Crap.
Only thing I can see that might not have worked correctly was the last steps where I was trying to get to EF10. It said it was doing so, but didn't seem to complete. And when I go into the settings, it says I'm still on EF02.

Used ODIN to put EF02 back on and all seems well again. :)

sounds like the modem issue some are having, what modem you using?