PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...426&highlight=

Who is ready!!!!! I cant wait!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon

Supersonic though is probably better..but here is the question...

will it be possible to get a Nexus One with SERO...sprint does not let people use android phones normally but this one is being distributed by google so maybe it will slide :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?
Threadstarter

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

good question..not sure bout sero.. prolly not,
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
good question..not sure bout sero.. prolly not,
Well what makes it unique is I think you do activation via Google's portal and not the carrier...of course it may also require that you pay a full retail price

If google does the activating rather then the carrier it may just slide if lucky..
Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

hmmmm come on htc hd2 to sprint is all i am waiting for wont be for awhile and when that happens sprint might get the htc hd3 with winmobile 7 (which i am not sure is worth it since win mobile 7 seems kind of crappy when it comes to some features)
Old 03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

mike99 is just getting started

Not to continue beating this issue to death, but... I am still curious.

Comparing Nexus to Supersonic: From what I read here and on XDA, WinMo HD2 (which is supposed to be hardware equivalent to Supersonic) still does not have appropriate hardware enabled 2D/3D acceleration (thanks to HTC and Qualcomm!).

Will Supersonic be different??? What about Nexus???

Windows Phone 7, as I understand, must have this enabled according to MS. Will Google have similar requirements???

I think this is definitely one of the features where iphone is ahead of the curerently available WinMo phones.

BTW, anyone knows how Motorolla Droid is doing in this category??? (I know they use different processor, and it is not made by HTC).

Thanks.

Mike
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
Not to continue beating this issue to death, but... I am still curious.

Comparing Nexus to Supersonic: From what I read here and on XDA, WinMo HD2 (which is supposed to be hardware equivalent to Supersonic) still does not have appropriate hardware enabled 2D/3D acceleration (thanks to HTC and Qualcomm!).

Will Supersonic be different??? What about Nexus???

Windows Phone 7, as I understand, must have this enabled according to MS. Will Google have similar requirements???

I think this is definitely one of the features where iphone is ahead of the curerently available WinMo phones.

BTW, anyone knows how Motorolla Droid is doing in this category??? (I know they use different processor, and it is not made by HTC).

Thanks.

Mike
Nexus One does not have hardware acceleration...

hopefully since supersonic will have 2.1 from the get go and flash support they may require it. But this is not guaranteed so who knows...for this reason I don't like HTC and Qualcomm too much..they cant afford $10 extra just to make a 500$ phone run
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well what makes it unique is I think you do activation via Google's portal and not the carrier...of course it may also require that you pay a full retail price

If google does the activating rather then the carrier it may just slide if lucky..

this is where i am putting my money.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News