PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed ... pics (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113341)

ashma 03-22-2010 09:45 PM

Re: Radioshack will carry T-Mobile HD2 @ launch ... 100% Confirmed ... pics

Yup! Everyone is spending time with their new babies that arrived a bit early. I can already see myself burning 4 hours the evening of March 24th.

jbearamus 03-22-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1651387)
Yup! Everyone is spending time with their new babies that arrived a bit early. I can already see myself burning 4 hours the evening of March 24th.

can't say i'd blame ya, i did the same thing with every smartphone i've gotten my hands on, with the exception of the Treo, I didn't get that one by choice so it was the red headed step child

ashma 03-23-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1651477)
can't say i'd blame ya, i did the same thing with every smartphone i've gotten my hands on, with the exception of the Treo, I didn't get that one by choice so it was the red headed step child

No step child here; the HD2 is the supermodel, rocket scientist, athlete, rock star child that every parent wishes they had. :mrgreen:

error4o4 03-23-2010 04:04 PM

So its 149 new, 249 upgrade at the shack and 239.99 new or upgrade from tombile?

jbearamus 03-23-2010 04:36 PM

actually i think it's 199.99 from tmobile either new or upgrade, whatever the price is, you won't find a fragmented pricing model at tmobile, ours is unfortunately but it works out well for our new activation customers

the7thson 03-23-2010 10:30 PM

Please don't flame me, I'm as stoked about the HD2 as everyone else is but I guess I don't see what the excitement about radio shack is.. Are we this excited because it'll be available from a store other than T-mo directly or because it's $50 less for contract pricing? I don't get it.. :scratch:

Also, what about the no-contract price? I assume that it will stay at $450?

Cheers.

jbearamus 03-24-2010 12:40 AM

I for one think its cool we actually have a phone worth having at launch however i'm sure most people interested are more excited about the pricing.
and unactivated pricing is 549, unfortunately

the7thson 03-24-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1655190)
I for one think its cool we actually have a phone worth having at launch however i'm sure most people interested are more excited about the pricing.
and unactivated pricing is 549, unfortunately

All this hype for $50 off of T-Mobile's price? Man I would easily have paid $700-800 for it off-contract if that's what they were charging. I even called every Walmart within 50 miles of here to ask if they would sell me one early for $500 ($50 more than T-mo's price) but they all said they weren't allowed to. To each their own I guess.

I can understand the excitement if I were an employee at Radio Shack though!

Either way, it's going to be amazing I'm sure. I'm getting mine at 10am tomorrow :)

ashma 03-24-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1655221)
All this hype for $50 off of T-Mobile's price? Man I would easily have paid $700-800 for it off-contract if that's what they were charging. I even called every Walmart within 50 miles of here to ask if they would sell me one early for $500 ($50 more than T-mo's price) but they all said they weren't allowed to. To each their own I guess.

I can understand the excitement if I were an employee at Radio Shack though!

Either way, it's going to be amazing I'm sure. I'm getting mine at 10am tomorrow :)

I too would have paid 700 or 800 for this device (even though I now know that this summer might see me testing and considering the HTC EVO). But you have to remember that saving $50.00 on any type of purchase is something many people would be thrilled to and perhaps need to do.

BTW' I just heard from an unhappy friend who says she's is on Flex-Pay and there for RadioShack will be charging her $249.99 rather than the 149.99 price. WTF! That just seems wrong to me but perhaps I don't know the business structure behind it.

Anyhow, my RadioShack opens at 9:00 a.m. so you know where I'll be. I also called ahead and they said that they can go ahead and special order a 2nd standard battery for me which I might as well do since I'm using a gift card. Ordering the standard battery because I do not want the extra thickness of the extended. Down to hours rather than days; simply wonderful.........

the7thson 03-24-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashma (Post 1655278)
I too would have paid 700 or 800 for this device (even though I now know that this summer might see me testing and considering the HTC EVO). But you have to remember that saving $50.00 on any type of purchase is something many people would be thrilled to and perhaps need to do.

Fair enough!