PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Skyfire Alpha test team (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67240)

JBundy 05-04-2009 01:29 PM

Re: Skyfire Alpha test team

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5 (Post 890751)
I am getting tired of seeing mindfrost82s' announcements sitting up top all by its self so I am going to join him in the news line with a brief announcement about our PPCGeeks group of Skyfire Alpha testers. As some of you might know I am a member of the Skyfire Alpha test team and I am proud to announce that budney and blasphemous_prime will be joining me. Because of some carefully worded Non Disclosure Agreements that we were asked to sign we are not allowed to discuss what changes Skyfire is making so don’t ask. As alpha testers we know when these new changes are made public and we will alert everyone when new versions go public. As part of the Skyfire Alpha test team we are able to make suggestions on what the next generation of Skyfire will look like I am impressed with the changes in v0.9 as I am sure you Skyfire lovers agree. Just wait till you get your hands on v1.0 you will be impressed.

I've been part of the Skyfire Alpha process since v0.6 and I know you aren't even supposed to give out the version number of any upcoming releases, especially those in alpha. Amend your post. Disclose info carefully.

vin255764 05-04-2009 03:34 PM

Skyfire-Great browser! IE sucks lol

PacoJr67 05-04-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBundy (Post 894725)
I've been part of the Skyfire Alpha process since v0.6 and I know you aren't even supposed to give out the version number of any upcoming releases, especially those in alpha. Amend your post. Disclose info carefully.

well, what else would be the next logical step after .9?
he's not disclosing the specific build numers (or more importantly, what's in it).

Big D5 05-04-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBundy (Post 894725)

It might be an issue if I had said it first. You might want to read this:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/12...-to-be-social/

MoonZ*BabysH 05-04-2009 09:00 PM

i beleive thats a touche good Sir. lol

PacoJr67 05-04-2009 09:07 PM

generally the alpha group (skyfire as a whole, not just here) are smart enough to know what they aren't allowed to talk about and also what they are. since on the skyfire forums it is easily visible who the alpha group is saying that he is a tester isn't really giving anything away. nor is the version number.

in addition, anything that garners more input (I would think) is a good thing; and will lead to a better end product. So if you have any suggestions, definitely voice them. Either here or in the skyfire forums. Gryffin, myself, and the skyfire staff do read ALL of the posts over there so it won't go unnoticed

JBundy 05-05-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacoJr67 (Post 895572)
well, what else would be the next logical step after .9?
he's not disclosing the specific build numbers (or more importantly, what's in it).

The disclosure of unreleased build numbers is a small issue, but not a limit to test in any event. I was reflecting on the referencing of unreleased builds (full build number or not, e.g. v1.0 as opposed to v1.0xxxxxx) not beta builds (v.9). I'm not arguing for better or worse on this issue. It's just a concern of mine pertaining to alpha group restrictions.

Logical step-wise, Skyfire has been inconsistent before in the numbering of builds in the beta. They went from .6 to .8 to .9. Logic will only exist if there is consistency. I see logic in the numbering only after 10+ beta releases, as I've seen these inconsistencies at the beginning in other alpha testing until its clear where the logic is. For alpha groups, Skyfire's is pretty young, so I don't expect to see much logic until more time passes.

havox22 05-05-2009 10:18 AM

1 of you alpha testers PM me with the updated info plz:mrgreen:

ill give u a hug

PacoJr67 05-05-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 896653)
1 of you alpha testers PM me with the updated info plz:mrgreen:

ill give u a hug

trust me, you'll find out soon enough. The other thing is that changes that are in the alpha may not make it into the beta version at all, so making someone leak (which could get them kicked out of the alpha) doesn't really accomplish anything other than raising expectations.

Keir333 05-06-2009 05:44 AM

Just got an invite to be a part of the Alpha testing team. Finished loading it up and am about to try it out now.

-Keir-