PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Quote:
Originally Posted by polargoat
grrrrrrr, many 503's today. it's gettin really bad. =/ wish i could lessen the load somehow with my host. i have a ton of space and bandwidth to spare.
We have plenty of space and bw, just our db is putting a hell of a load on the "shared server". Dunno why Ive seen larger boards run on our current host with no issues.
~Mike

Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 503 Errors and Search. *Updated and HELP Needed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Ok anyone wanna help with this one. Im no php expert nor do I know whats going on here but I just recieved a letter from our host complaining about our db. Heres the letter, if anyone can help please drop ur suggestions here!
Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

I ran across a topic in the phpbb community forum that may help to alleviate some of the performance issues.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewt...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Paul

Thanks Ill probably start implenting some of those in the next few minutes.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Site running quickly now...still need help? I might have someone I can ask if it is still needed...
Yea still need help see the first post, just updated it.
~Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
The 503s have been pretty constant this weekend as well as this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax0m
Please fix the 503's. It's driving your users nuckin' futz!
I working on it guys.
~Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Quote:
Site running quickly now...still need help? I might have someone I can ask if it is still needed...
~Mike
Sent an email...unfortunately my guy isn't very timely, so we'll see...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
~Mike
Sent an email...unfortunately my guy isn't very timely, so we'll see...
Thats alright, I do appreciate it. I also sent one to DavidIQ hes a member of our "Website Development Team" hopefully we get it fixed soon.
~mike
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Re: 503 Errors and Search. *Updated and HELP Needed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge
Mike,

I ran across a topic in the phpbb community forum that may help to alleviate some of the performance issues.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewt...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Paul
I read through the posts there and they do make sense. I'd be a little concerned about the fact that the thread is almost 4 years old, and depending on your version of phpBB they may already be in place, or not relevant.

Mike, it sounds like you have the right people working on it at this point. I'm not a PHP guy by nature (I do everything in ASP/VBScript) but since I own a hosting company I know enough PHP (as an occupational hazard) to at least understand what they are doing with these script edits.

I'm going to PM you with a couple of other things.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

We are running the newest version of phpbb 2.x series. Thanks for the help.
~mike
Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache/6700

MTavis is a n00b
When did this problem start happening. Yesterday I was logged in an tried to log in a second time in a new window using the same user name and password. I got the error.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Oooh database stuff, I was a DBA for a little while if you have indexes on some tables and can update the statistics that might help i'm sure they need it if it hasn't been regularly maintained.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements