PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tips for Searching (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56810)

Hafrust 03-12-2009 04:04 PM

Re: Tips for Searching

There will be no bashing or flaming for sharing your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. I understand what you are saying about searching specific threads. I was looking for something today within a thread and it took me a while. You mentioned the problem of not meeting the length requirement for search terms. I mentioned a way to circumvent this issue in the first post. You can add an * as a wild card to meet the minimum character requirements. For example, searching for Touch HD will give you the error. Searching for Touch HD* will not. I know the basic search funtion is less than perfect, but it is what it is and we have to do the best we can with it. I agree with you 100% that people shouldn't be chastized for not finding info after searching. But, I at least expect people to try finding information using several different search methods before posting. If someone does that and still doesn't find an answer, no one should hassle them about it.

demonlordoftheround 03-12-2009 04:32 PM

Great job! Searching can sometimes be overwhelming and frustrating. There is so much information on this site to digest.

hdkilner 03-20-2009 02:35 PM

should make this a must read for ALL members, It gets real old having the grouchy peeps on here barking at you ...Great job thank you.

Keir333 03-20-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime (Post 698826)
The artist formerly known as Tripdub1 doing his thing with the most outstanding idea since the sticky for Reporting Spam Posts. This is so good and essential that this needs to be the sticky of all stickys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdkilner (Post 785812)
should make this a must read for ALL members, It gets real old having the grouchy peeps on here barking at you ...Great job thank you.

I completely agree!

Is there anyway possible that the original post could be sent as a mass private message to ALL members?.....just a thought.

-Keir-

SunShineQT 03-20-2009 10:05 PM

Hafrust, I would like to say THANK YOU for saying that, because i was scared to post something and I have looked and searched all over and wasn't getting anywhere. THANKS to Keir333 and Selders59, they were very understanding, helpful, nice and the responce time was pretty fast. I'm beginning to love this site more and more. Being nice goes a very long way.

Hafrust 03-20-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I completely agree!

Is there anyway possible that the original post could be sent as a mass private message to ALL members?.....just a thought.
Thanks for the support guys! I don't know about sending it out as a mass pm, but it is here in the site rules forum, which I know everyone reads before posting.....lol. Just try and remember to pay it forward and help someone else out when you can.

Quote:

Hafrust, I would like to say THANK YOU for saying that, because i was scared to post something and I have looked and searched all over and wasn't getting anywhere. THANKS to Keir333 and Selders59, they were very understanding, helpful, nice and the responce time was pretty fast. I'm beginning to love this site more and more. Being nice goes a very long way.
Glad to see you get your feet wet! I'm sure you'll find it's much more fun around here when you feel free to get involved. There are so many intelligent people around here who are really eager to help, so don't be afraid.

watsonboy225 04-06-2009 09:28 AM

Thanks!

penincali 05-30-2009 12:36 AM

this is very helpful for this ole newbie

rainfreak 06-01-2009 08:57 AM

I have been searching for help on searching for over threee months and just now got these results...

Seriously though, nice work bro :)

madcook 06-01-2009 09:03 AM

+1 on the awesome post!