PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Premium Member Benefits (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50345)

mindfrost82 12-23-2008 05:13 PM

Premium Member Benefits

...coming soon... (paid subscriptions)

As a Premium Member, you get:
- A bold gold username (possibly optional)
- 2000 saved PMs
- 350x350 profile pics
- 125x125 avatars
- Ability to use spell checker when posting
- Custom user titles (default of Premium Member)

Possibly more to come :)

Everyone chime in with your thoughts, this is still a work in progress and we want to make the majority of people happy :)

dtndvm 12-23-2008 05:17 PM

Re: Premium Member Benefits

What's the cost?

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:18 PM

Oh man I am really mad this is happening :(.... how much is it?

darren.wlsn1 12-23-2008 05:18 PM

spell checker Lol, love that one. sounds great.

bayushikitsune 12-23-2008 05:18 PM

lol spell checker. yeah VIP need to be grammatically correct ^^ j/k love you guys

Hafrust 12-23-2008 05:18 PM

@ Hibby: Why are you mad?

dtndvm 12-23-2008 05:22 PM

Can we get a grammar checker? I would pay extra for that (for other members)!

mindfrost82 12-23-2008 05:26 PM

Mike and I are still working out some details :)

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:33 PM

cuz im 13 and cant afford it. also now we r gonna have noobs around the vip forum
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripdub1 (Post 596264)
@ Hibby: Why are you mad?

ramborami 12-23-2008 05:40 PM

Can you make it cheap, like $3 per month? Or $30/year?

I recommend adding another benefit: Monthly random prize drawings, such as phone accessories. Or once a year you can give away a free Phone.

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:41 PM

naw the whole point of this (correct me if im wrong) is to help pay for the server and maybe a second

strickly_ppc670 12-23-2008 05:42 PM

I understand hosting cost money.
I believe the elite members should have VIP-
Pay visitors- more benefits-
non-payers- plain jane forum stuff.

Just my $.02

Hafrust 12-23-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 596295)
cuz im 13 and cant afford it. also now we r gonna have noobs around the vip forum

13 and already an elitist?

rstoyguy 12-23-2008 05:45 PM

Sounds good, can we have the option to pass on the gold name though? :)

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:46 PM

I really hope it is less than 5 bucks a month.... if so I can do it... also i would pass on the gold name too.... the black is sliming

rstoyguy 12-23-2008 05:49 PM

lol hibster....

It's just some types may target a noob user with a gold name.... Ya know easy money..."I'll cook you a rom for $20", "I'll sell ya a cd w/all my software on it", "I'll help ya noob if ya send me $20, ya you with the big gold name tag"...

edit: ...they may be targeted because they are "known" donators...

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:51 PM

lmao.... keep it on the DL

p.s. not down load you geeks!

bayushikitsune 12-23-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripdub1 (Post 596319)
13 and already an elitist?

I really don't think he is 13 if so imma have my mom sign me up for his school ^^

hibby50 12-23-2008 05:58 PM

u wanna pic?

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMAG0013.jpg

Young_breedent 12-23-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayushikitsune (Post 596351)
I really don't think he is 13 if so imma have my mom sign me up for his school ^^

lol hell yeah if he's only 13 then i feel real dumb

edit: i see he posted a pic but i still doubt he is 13 maybe he just looks young lol

CozBoogie 12-23-2008 06:08 PM

Wow...from member benefits to pics of Mr. Hibby. Y'all all over the place...lets try to get this bad boy back on topic, ok.

late,
Satan Coz

hibby50 12-23-2008 06:10 PM

sorry coz will do

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 06:52 PM

Sounds promising... Not sure about the VIP lounge idea...

And I use Firefox... Speel checking comes included...

No1ustad 12-23-2008 07:28 PM

so im a lil confused, is the VIP forum for 1000+ posts/2000+ rep or for only paid donators. or is it free for VIPs and noobs can pay to get access.?

thats what i kinda deem fair considering there are a lotta ppl here that have donated skills and time amounting to much more than cash...

just a thought or 2

dtndvm 12-23-2008 07:37 PM

It would be nice if the paid members get additional features, but I agree that some wouldn't want it publicized that they were paid members. Maybe an option to choose to show if you were a premium member or not. Alot of us who have been around for a while would like others to know we support the site.

Do something like Avast or Adaware where you get more services for your premium account without taking anything away from the regular accounts...and make the carrot big enough to attract people. Things like additional PM's, access to some new restricted site areas (kind of like guests not getting into the off topic area or needing 50 posts for the bargain trader currently), or automatically blocking Hibby's picture if he posts it again.

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtndvm (Post 596640)
It would be nice if the paid members get additional features, but I agree that some wouldn't want it publicized that they were paid members. Maybe an option to choose to show if you were a premium member or not. Alot of us who have been around for a while would like others to know we support the site.

Do something like Avast or Adaware where you get more services for your premium account without taking anything away from the regular accounts...and make the carrot big enough to attract people. Things like additional PM's, access to some new restricted site areas (kind of like guests not getting into the off topic area or needing 50 posts for the bargain trader currently), or automatically blocking Hibby's picture if he posts it again.

Why hate on Hib?

I agree with everything else...

hibby50 12-23-2008 07:53 PM

Hahahahahaha

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 596683)
Hahahahahaha

What Hibbins?

hibby50 12-23-2008 07:55 PM

nothin the blocking of the picture

dtndvm 12-23-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 596677)
Why hate on Hib?

Just kidding...but there are some "geeks" that should never have their pic that big (me included)...and some that I wish we could see that big...maybe another premium member benefit?

rstoyguy 12-23-2008 08:32 PM

Ok, so the site will start accepting "donations" to keep the board running. Which I am 150% ok with.

Which brings up...Would this conflict with individuals "orange-button-donation-thing"? (which I am 10% ok with...) I mean is it ok for non-contributors to have a donation button when users should be donating to ppcgeeks? I don't know if the mods have ever discussed this....That'd be a mess, but I say limit donation-buttons to a text size no bigger than #2 and no graphics! Users come to this site for knowledge, they should donate to the site to keep it going. They can donate to individual users, but you don't want to take donations away from the server cost, hosting cost, snow flake cost, etc...

I'm rambling, (one of my buttons), but I've always been pro-"donate to house". While most chefs do good work, where did they get all their "Free" rom components at? The "House" usually...I'll shut up now. :) Hibby your up!

hibby50 12-23-2008 08:38 PM

I agree.

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 08:44 PM

We already have a caste system in affect... The way we rank members, from noob to VIP; the way we differentiate the VIP from the non-VIP; the way we (sorry MODs) highlight the power of the Moderators versus regular members...

I think we should not have a pay for subscription... Honestly... What, and I think I speak for the most of us here, we have in the VIP section was what we would have happily paid for... We still want to monetarily benefit the site, but honestly... What are the benefits of being a VIP and then buying into the Premium membership?

Gold nickname? Our are already unique by being black...

Increased messages? 500 is good for the most of us...

Increased Avatar size? Really...

I want and would love to donate to this site.. I think having the VIP is a good thing, for it rewards contributing members who care about the site... But 'Premium Membership' is just a way to basically buy into it.. It's taking a shortcut and shortchanges those who work the hardest to make PPC Geeks what it is...

Coz.. What if people could pay to have the same powers as Mods? It would make the Moderators less unique, a less rewarding achievement... It's the same as the 'Premium Membership'...

If the site needs money to help it survive, we will happily donate money.. I have only been a member for less then 3 months, but I love the sense of community this site embodies... I am a 'Geeker for life..

What ever the Mike or the site needs, let the community help contribute to it.. I know Frost made a good argument against donations, but I know with the power and love that these 'Geeks have for this site, it will work...

puff 12-23-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 596326)
can we have the option to pass on the gold name though? :)

+1 on optional gold name...

hibby50 12-23-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 596803)
Coz.. What if people could pay to have the same powers as Mods? It would make the Moderators less unique, a less rewarding achievement... It's the same as the 'Premium Membership'...

As said in the lounge.... ingeniously put.

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 596815)
As said in the lounge.... ingeniously put.

Yeah.. I wanted all the non-VIPS to see my rant

hibby50 12-23-2008 08:55 PM

Here is my short rant.

I spend a GOOD deal of time on this site. Damn who am I kidding "good"! I spend over 4 hours a day on here. That is how I EARNED my status. So are you telling me, that my 4 hours a day is worth a small monthly donation?

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 596832)
Here is my short rant.

I spend a GOOD deal of time on this site. Damn who am I kidding "good"! I spend over 4 hours a day on here. That is how I EARNED my status. So are you telling me, that my 4 hours a day is worth a small monthly donation?

Can you re-state that? Do you mean your 4 hours a day entitles you to donate?

puff 12-23-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 596842)
Can you re-state that? Do you mean your 4 hours a day entitles you to donate?

no i think he means that he feels this means that his 4 hours spent @ ppcgeeks EVERYDAY is only worth maybe $5?
then again its hibby were talking about here :D

BigDiesel07 12-23-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 596849)
no i think he means that he feels this means that his 4 hours spent @ ppcgeeks EVERYDAY is only worth maybe $5?
then again its hibby were talking about here :D

True.. I am still trying to understand... I would gladly donate to this site.. Money, time, anything Mike needs...