PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, Axim X50v
Carrier: Verizon

SilverPony2001 is keeping up the good workSilverPony2001 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard sometimes doesn't type characters in custom roms?

I have tried, Adry 6.5, 1.0 and 2.0, and both Shokka's keyboard and the stock CF03 keyboard. And every once in a while when I go to type something, the letters register as I'm pressing them, but no characters get typed. If there is some text already there, the backspace key works, but I can't type anything else. The only fix I have found was to go back out and back in to the SMS message, or ChomeEditor multiple times and then magically the keyboard works again. Or a soft reset fixes it. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

SilverPony2001 is keeping up the good workSilverPony2001 is keeping up the good work
Re: Keyboard sometimes doesn't type characters in custom roms?

So five people read this thread and couldn't say, yes or no?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i swear i posted in this thread but i guess i either didnt click "post quick reply" or it got deleted.......
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPony2001 View Post
So five people read this thread and couldn't say, yes or no?
yes

Quote:
I have tried, Adry 6.5, 1.0 and 2.0, and both Shokka's keyboard and the stock CF03 keyboard. And every once in a while when I go to type something, the letters register as I'm pressing them, but no characters get typed. If there is some text already there, the backspace key works, but I can't type anything else. The only fix I have found was to go back out and back in to the SMS message, or ChomeEditor multiple times and then magically the keyboard works again. Or a soft reset fixes it. Anyone else have this issue?
no

Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanosaur View Post
yes

no
You win!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

cakek is a n00b

Quote:
yes this happens to mine as well.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Happened to me a few times lately, never before that I can remember.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omina i910-CF03-AD 6.5 'Nilla
Carrier: VZW

OrthoCoder is a n00b

This happens to me as well. I'm running Adrynalyne's CF03 6.5 Vanilla 2.0 and since then I have had this problem. I have found that if I change the keyboard option from the XT9 keyboard to just the plain "keyboard" it will type, but I have to use the stylus as the keys are too small to type with a fingernail.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

this happens to me but with my phone this means the keyboard is about to fail
Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jmak512 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jmak512 Send a message via MSN to jmak512 Send a message via Yahoo to jmak512

I bump on this as well. It really has to do with CF03 cuz i been using Adrys Roms and this never happened b4. a lot of bugs found with new cf03. great job verizon BUUUUHHHHH! And the great annoying when u are trying to type I and the G comes up Dang it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia