PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: vzw

loosfinest is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats The Best WM6.5 Rom Out There??

I have the Omnia with the most recent Samsung upgrade. Im looking for the BEST Rom out there. There is so many choices, and you guys im sure have tried a lot of them so what do you think? If you could include a link i would appreaciate it. Also i have flashed a xv6800 before is this going to be a similiar process? One last question how do you use the BIN file? does it need to be extracted or what?

thanks guys
Old 07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Whats The Best WM6.5 Rom Out There??

It's kind of like asking: What's better?... Cats or dogs? You'll get a different answer from everybody

It all depends on the user. So the only real way to know is to try them all. There are 3 main chefs here (Adrynalyne, bgill, and Blazingwolf) with 2 other chefs who have recently emerged as well (Mr Capcom, and Corndog - he's over at Modaco). Wozzer, who used to cook over at Modaco, has since unofficially retired from cooking.

They all work closely together and provide great support in their respective threads, so you can't go wrong either way. All of their ROMs are stable, and each have a hint of flavor reflecting their individual personalities. So start flashing until you settle down on the one you want.

...and the answer is dogs
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I mirror that. Choose what you like best.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

snkeyez95 is a n00b

It's just fun to try and mess with each one out there. Thanks to all our cooks. You guys rock!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

loosfinest is just getting started

okay let me approach this differently. Which rom do you have?? also is the spb3 a better finger friendly ui than the wm 6.5 ui?

thanks guys

ohh i hate cats, so what are you running.

Last edited by loosfinest; 08-01-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

I use adrynalynes 1.0 6.5 for the cf03. SPB is nice, but 6.5 ui is great as well...it's all really personal preference.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: VZW

snkeyez95 is a n00b

Adrynalynes 3.0 6.5 for the cf03. SPB was a must with 6.1, not so much with 6.5. I do not use it with 6.5.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor

Go to the ROM upgrade section and look at the number of views and replies. That will give you an unbiased survey of what is "popular". But yes in the end it will be to your preference. imho, 6.5 is not that big of deal, in fact still hen pecking away to get where you want to be. Me, new Verizon ROM of course, Adrynalyn's Latest Vanilla, and SPB 3.0. And yes, I'm RIGHT!!!! lol
Live with SPB for a while and you will find it is worth the price and it really moves you to where you want to go fast.
(edit)
Oh yeah, the bin file, you extract it and save it on your PC. Open the UMDI and run that. load the bin file from the PDA button. (not quite that complete so you will def need to read up on the details, repeat, read up on the details first)

Last edited by iclickjohn; 08-01-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm currently running Blazingwolfs CF03 v1.2 6.5 ROM and love it. That being said, I've used Adrynalynes ROM's since flashing to 6.1 including his 6.5 CF03 roms and every one of them has been incredible. I go back and forth between them both and like Eschelon said, play around til you find what you like, you won't be disappointed in any of them. And IMHO if you're on 6.5, titanium is the way to go, but BW has a MS3 rom also. Give 'em a shot, but it gets addicting...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

We may have another F.A. member here!

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia