PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

chas1723 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wallpaper seems zoomed in

I have a new verizon samsung Omnia i910. I have flashed to the new roms that are available. I am currently on the 3.9.1 ROM. I also use SBP Mobile Shell 3.0.1. I am not sure what setting I messed up but here in the past couple of days any wallpaper I try to use it seems to be zoomed in really close and does not look good at all. What setting would cause the wallpaper to look this way? I have searched the phone and have not been able to find anything on it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Wallpaper seems zoomed in

How about a screenshot so we can see what you are talking about?

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell Canada Mobility

Kenzie's Grandma is a n00b

Hi all. I'm having the same problem with wallpapers. I've tried just about every resolution that's been mentioned on the forum and they just don't fit. If I try to use one of the backgrounds with aquaruim fish on it about all that shows on the screen is his nose. Also that nice one that someone posted on here of the cool black & white tree frog, I tried it and the frog doesn't even show (well, 2 of his feet do but that's all. And some of them seem to be really quite blurry like they're just zoomed in too far.

I've found some really nice backgrounds that I would love to be able to use but I just can't get them to look right.

Also I was wondering if it is possible to have a different colour theme on the Today page and on the SPB Home page, otherwise I have to have the same background or try to at least match the colours.

The longer I have this phone the more I love it but it sure can be frustrating.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Don't blame the phone. You folks should do some research first.

SPB MS 3.x wallpaper requires a resolution of 960x748, or it will zoom and attempt to make it work. Thats an issue with the SPB software.

Regular phone requires 240x400 for portrait, 400x240 for landscape, and 400x374-400x400 for something that works for both.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
N00b

Thanks, I'm off to try it right now. I'm not trying to blame the phone, I realize it's that I need to learn how to use it and I have been doing lots of research, it's just a case of not always knowing where to look for answers. Thanks again for your replay, I'll post back about how I make out.
Kathy
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
N00b

It worked! It's not zoomed in anymore, I can tell by his tail (that's all I can see, lol) Now can anyone tell me how to center it, there's no option to do it like with the Today screen ones (you know, with the grayed choice).

Thank you so much,
Kathy
Old 07-07-2009, 12:28 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Im not an expert with SPB--it works like Android though, where each section of the wallpaper corresponds to a screen swipe, and another desktop.

I dont know much about modding it though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia