PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

WdGldDave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Problems sending pictures through email - **SOLVED**

**Originally I had only one Exchange Account for E-Mail. Once I added a Pop account, the email pic. option was enabled**

I have searched the forum but have found no discussions about this. I have noticed that on my Verizon Omnia i910 I cannot email a picture that I just took with the built in camera. There are 3 choices on the screen after the picture is taken and I push the email/txt icon on the right side:

MMS, email, txt

but the email option is disabled. I can however go into my media folder and attach the picture to an email. It would be much easier to just choose email from the original dialogue. Do you think VZW disable this option to force us to use the txt/MMS service? Has anyone figured out a way to enable the email option?

Last edited by WdGldDave; 03-04-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Re: Problems sending pictures through email

My Omnia (910) has three options MMS, Email, Bluetooth so there is a little difference between our phones there. I have just tested the function of sending an email with a picture attachment from the camera screen and it does function on mine, even lets me select which one of the three email accounts I have set up. I normally have attached pictures from the email screen rather than from the camera screen, have you tried that to see if that will work?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdGldDave View Post
I have searched the forum but have found no discussions about this. I have noticed that on my Verizon Omnia i910 I cannot email a picture that I just took with the built in camera. There are 3 choices on the screen after the picture is taken and I push the email/txt icon on the right side:

MMS, email, txt

but the email option is disabled. I can however go into my media folder and attach the picture to an email. It would be much easier to just choose email from the original dialogue. Do you think VZW disable this option to force us to use the txt/MMS service? Has anyone figured out a way to enable the email option?
lol...no VZW did not cripple this feature, the reason you have found no discussion on this is because no one has had this issue most likely...

what email do u have on ur phone? Hotmail, yahoo, gmail...???

and in the options where do u have ur attachments stored? Main Memory or storage card???
Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gaurhoth is a n00b

Quote:
but the email option is disabled.
I noticed that the email option was 'disabled' when I first attempted to send a pic from the camera screen, but if you wait (almost 30 seconds), it seems to enable on it's own. After first time it did this, I never had that problem.

Not sure if that is what you are experiencing or not.

Gaurhoth
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WdGldDave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
My Omnia (910) has three options MMS, Email, Bluetooth so there is a little difference between our phones there. I have just tested the function of sending an email with a picture attachment from the camera screen and it does function on mine, even lets me select which one of the three email accounts I have set up. I normally have attached pictures from the email screen rather than from the camera screen, have you tried that to see if that will work?
Oops, I was wrong. Those are the choices that I have too: MMS, Email, Bluetooth. Email is greyed/disabled.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WdGldDave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
lol...no VZW did not cripple this feature, the reason you have found no discussion on this is because no one has had this issue most likely...

what email do u have on ur phone? Hotmail, yahoo, gmail...???

and in the options where do u have ur attachments stored? Main Memory or storage card???
I use an Exchange Server account. I have stored my pics to both the main and storage card memory and the E-mail option does not work in either case. I'm glad to hear that it works on your Omnia but am confused as to why it doesn't work on mine. I tried waiting as someone else suggested. I also changed the resolution to a lower one but this did not work either. The bluetooth and MMS options both work.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WdGldDave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Oops, I was wrong. I have the same three options but E-mail is disabled.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

bomsquad is a n00b
Angry Re: Problems sending pictures through email - **SOLVED**

Quote:
**Originally I had only one Exchange Account for E-Mail. Once I added a Pop account, the email pic. option was enabled**
Any ideas on why it won't work with an Exchange account? I do not want to set up alternative email accounts on the phone just to be able to email picture directly from the camera application, nor do I think I should have to.

Things like this make me feel like my head is going to explode...
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

WdGldDave is a n00b
Re: Problems sending pictures through email - **SOLVED**

No, sorry I never figured that out. It definitely fixed the problem though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia