PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Exclamation 16 GB Samsung Omnia!

A 16 GB Samsung Omnia has shown up here... It seems that, other than the bump up in memory size, the specs are identical to the one currently on sale...

Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 16 GB Samsung Omnia!

It's kinda like the iPhone theory....same phone, different memory 'levels' for purchase. It is basicaly identical to the 8GB i900 in every way except for the extra 8GB! It has been out for a while, the question is if/when a 16GB i910 will be released here in the US?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: verizon

aleis is keeping up the good workaleis is keeping up the good work

you can also add 32gb so 48 total.
im having a hard time filing my 2gb!
let alone the 8gb!
but im sure i could find a way

Phandroid!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I am happy with 8GB on my device, I have a 1GB memory card, and haven't had an urge to get more. I just don't keep that much on my PPC.....but....as aleis said, I am sure I can find a way LOL!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

usalty2 is a n00b

sure wish verizon came out with the 16g. still playing with the 8g.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

I doubt that will happen (at least in the near future)!! I will be happier to get the rumored ROM update!! VZW isn't exactly famous for being prompt with picking-up the new devices, or the speed of the updates on the ones they do have.

I do agree the 16GB would be great for a lot of people, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910

steve austin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I doubt that will happen (at least in the near future)!! I will be happier to get the rumored ROM update!! VZW isn't exactly famous for being prompt with picking-up the new devices, or the speed of the updates on the ones they do have.

I do agree the 16GB would be great for a lot of people, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

I'm with you here. There is already the option to go 8 or 16 overseas. Would that mean that this is going to be the standard in the US on VZN or another network soon? I really don't see the logic in announcing the same phone with only a memory upgrade with virtually the same specs. Now if they added a lorger scree or incorpoated some of the T*Omnia specs then sure. This I don't get.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

Absolutely useless. Just by increasing the storage and not improving LCD or any other features is a waste.

Just go buy a good 16GB SDHC and use it. Lol!
http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/categ...g/cell-phones/
(Support The Site By Visiting Google's Link)
Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Well...If you like carrying a lot of files with you, or have a hefty MP3 collection I could see (if having a choice) people wanting a 16GB. Especially with the podcast downloader/player on the Omnia you can basically use it as an iPod, and they come in all memory sizes!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia