PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Cool...I want to get everything in one place to help all new Omnia users, and your link looks pretty informative!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

macsaif is a n00b

I am looking for solution:
1. Incoming call alert is quieter in the first few seconds and then it turns to the normal volume. Is there any solution to start to ring with normal volume?
2. Is there any way to disable screen lock during the call (I have to push action pad" if I want to push some buttons on screen and after few seconds it locks the screen again)

Thanks in advance

Frank
Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

1. No.

2. You can patch the dialer, but not recomended on the VZW Omnia. Or disable the Samsung Dialer and use the default Windows one.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

sebastoklez is a n00b

Hello all,
Please I need help from any one. This is strange, yesterday I slept with my omnia i900 in mi pants pocket and today all of a sudden the touch screen does not work, but all the several buttons (call, end call, camera, menu, volume, even the sensor button between call and end call … ) work. Does someone know something about it? Is really strange. turn it off and sturting it again does not repair the issue. will formating it repair it????

my mail is: seba.r@tcs.com or seba338@gmail.com

please answer my anithing.
thnks
Old 01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

First of all: Welcome to the community!!!! (just wish it were in better circumstances)

Have you tries a soft reset yet? If you can't get to the menu just press the stylus into the hole near the power button.

If you have tried that, my next best suggestion is to do a hard reset. Even if you don't have a backup it may be your only choice. If you don't know how, just let us know. There is the software way, but if you can't get to it there is a 'hardware' way also!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker

jungathart is a n00b
Smile Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoshx View Post
I've got two more problems I've been having recently with my Omnia:

2. When making or answering a call, the phone sometimes goes into "emergency mode" which only allows calls to 911. Firstly, I'm not even sure how the phone gets into this mode. I think my ear hits something if I put the phone up to my head too quickly before the screen lock engages. But that's not the problem, I can figure out how to get it out Emergency Mode. The problem is the resulting notification that "you can only make emergency calls in emergency mode". No mater how many times I dismiss the notification it is still there and can not be cleared unless I turn the phone off, even after exiting emergency mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for your time and help!
Just joined the forum to offer a solution to this problem. Actually stumbled into this very thread recently when I was looking for a solution to the same problem!
Home screen -> Main Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Security tab -> Emergency Call button -> if you have any numbers programmed here: delete them.
I noticed serendipitously that the stupid "emergency only calls" alert comes on whenever I called one of the numbers I had programmed here (my wife!). Problem disappeared when I deleted the three numbers I had entered. Thereafter, I cannot seem to be able to get that warning to come on.
Hope this works. BTW, called Verizon tech service the same night I found this thread: they are clueless but at least didn't try to snow or b.s. me.
Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

stoshx is a n00b

Great! I happened to have a number listed in there, took it out and haven't had a problem since. Thanks a lot!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
VIP Member

jungathart....welcome to the community!!! You seem to have made quite an entrance, thanks a lot for posting I hope you don't hesitate to ask of us as well!!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Lurker

jungathart is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoshx View Post
Great! I happened to have a number listed in there, took it out and haven't had a problem since. Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
jungathart....welcome to the community!!! You seem to have made quite an entrance, thanks a lot for posting I hope you don't hesitate to ask of us as well!!
I'm just a wanna-be geek, but even a broken clock is correct twice a day!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

sebastoklez is a n00b

Hello Syrguy1969,
Thanks for the welcome, sorry for going so straight to the problem, but I am a bit nervous about this situation.
Yes I tried a soft reset. But it still doesn’t work.
How do I do a hard reset? (Is it by turning off the phone, starting it again by holding also the call and end call at the same time?? There the phone says format, will this delete all my information?? {Contacts info, messages, etx…}).
I don’t want to make a mess; could you give me all this details of what you know??
Thanks on advance
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia