PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Omnia problems and solutions thread!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47514)

dr.kaveri 10-13-2009 01:58 PM

Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Yeah. I have figured out that .CAB files install directly to the device. I have been able to install one simple program but it seems that everything else I have tried to do won't work including .NET updates. I'm trying to get .NET 3.5 and after downloading it comes up with an error saying that it's unable to install because of certificates but all of my certificates are up to date. I know that so far I haven't been able to do a windows update. When I try to do that it comes up saying that I need to check my data setting and to check to make sure the device date and time are correct because it can't connect to the server. I made sure to unclick use my data plan so that I can use my WiFi or have it hooked up to my computer but it doesn't seem to work.

greenskeeper805 10-13-2009 02:44 PM

The .NET 3.5 is a program that you run on your pc. After running it, you have to connect your phone to your pc. Then it will install it via activesync. Did you install activesync to your pc? If you have a vista or win7 pc, the program is called device center, all came on the cd with the phone. The cab files that you download have to be transfered to the phone, in settings\connections\USB connection mode, select my storage. This will turn your phone into a mass storage device, like a memory stick. Just drag and drop the .cab files to my storage, usually indicated by F:\ drive. Now remember, when you're putting .NET3.5 on, the USB connection mode must be set to active sync.

EDIT: You cannot install .exe files to the phone like you do a pc. If you downloaded an .exe file, run it on your pc and it will install via activesync/device center.

dr.kaveri 10-15-2009 01:02 PM

Thanks! I was talking to someone else and they mentioned this just last night. So just open the phones storage as if it were mass storage and then drag the .CAB files to the phone.
Any idea why I can't get the phone to run windows update? It says it's "Connection to the update server is not available. Check your data connection settings and ensure the device date and time are correct." I have made sure the phone is connected via wifi and that the settings are set so that it's not supposed to try to use my data plan. Date and time are correct. I also tried using it while connected to my computer just using the computers internet on my phone. The error code that's coming up is 80072efd. It seems to be coming up with a different code each time. Guess I can thank Bill for making it so the computer can't function completely by itself...

dr.kaveri 10-15-2009 01:06 PM

I just did a search again of this new code and wondered, does the windows updater need to be used when the phone is plugged into the computer and running activesync?

zanix 10-17-2009 02:24 AM

I don't think Windows updater ever worked, on any Windows Mobile phone
Must have been something MS was going to use, but never did

mark elmore 10-17-2009 08:24 PM

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanix
I don't think Windows updater ever worked, on any Windows Mobile phone
Must have been something MS was going to use, but never did

before i installed the samsung/verizon uupdate mine would connect to the site and say there were no updates. since the new rom i just get the same errors listed in above posts. went to windowslive and it said only update was a dst update but my phone already has it in the new rom

seanosaur 10-18-2009 12:22 AM

ok guys, here's a tough one (i think)

i flashed a rom awhile back and then lost my usb cable. it's a great rom but i can't map any of the keys!
is there a registry edit to fix this problem?

p.s. i've spoken with the chef and he's fixed the problem in the newer builds but since i lost my cable...yeah.

blazingwolf 10-18-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanosaur (Post 1243525)

i flashed a rom awhile back and then lost my usb cable. it's a great rom but i can't map any of the keys!

p.s. i've spoken with the chef and he's fixed the problem in the newer builds but since i lost my cable...yeah.

Download and install AEButtons plus. This will allow you to change your standard button functions and a whole lot more. :)

rfarrah 10-18-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanosaur (Post 1243525)

Cables aren't that expensive, are they?

seanosaur 10-18-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1243812)
Download and install AEButtons plus. This will allow you to change your standard button functions and a whole lot more. :)

works great! however, i don't see a way to set the button to open the keyboard. :(