PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Omnia problems and solutions thread!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47514)

vilord 12-04-2008 07:30 PM

Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

If I were you I'd switch to WPA/2 encryption, WEP is about as useful to keeping outsiders out as locking a screen door is to keeping people out of your house.

Hopefully WPA works, my roommie just ordered an omnia and will be most upset if it can't use the wifi at the house!

iclickjohn 12-08-2008 01:31 AM

Youtube?????
Is it just me? No worky.
Tried HTC media download from xda
TCPMP no.
from the mobile site upon selecting thumbnail, it attempts to open it with WM media player. On my old phone that was HTC Helmi cooked. it worked fine. but I'll need to get that old phone out to find which software that was.

edit/ Yes it was HTC's Streamingmedia software. I'm going to find it and try that.
editII/ go to xda developers and search for youtubeplay also you need windows NET runtime. the link is there for that as well.
AMAZZZZing video quality, much better than the mobile website version. It's a stand alone software so look in your programs folder for it.

blile 12-08-2008 07:20 AM

Any one find a fix for the problem:

When entering a name in either Sms, or email "to" field no names from contacts pop up. In every other WM phone ive had, names automatically pop up as you type. On the Omnia, nothing pops up. You have to click "add recipient" or "check name" that kinda sucks.

Any way to fix that? There must be a registry fix that can make it work right?

Thanks for the help.

kendubya 12-09-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blile (Post 557483)
Another issue I wonder if there is a fix for: I noticed that there seems to be a lag when typing on the keyboard using "auto complete." I like using the xt9 keyboard. I thought maybe it was the haptic feedback that was slowing it down so I turned it off, and it still lagged.

Anyone else have this problem? Any fix? Strangely there was never a lag with my xv6900 using xt9.

Yep, its auto complete.

kendubya 12-09-2008 01:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This cab has had mixed success. It is supposed to disable the keylock when you're on a call. I installed it and it worked but, I lost the icons/functionality on the right column of buttons on the dialer screens. Fortunately (for me) removing the software restored the button functions.

Braqson 12-09-2008 01:47 AM

I have a question for everyone. I am new and blonde so here we go. I know on regular computers that some sd cards and flash drives can be used to add ram to your system, so my question is can this be done to a phone such as the Omnia?

Lylej2k 12-09-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braqson (Post 567683)
I have a question for everyone. I am new and blonde so here we go. I know on regular computers that some sd cards and flash drives can be used to add ram to your system, so my question is can this be done to a phone such as the Omnia?

I know it can't be done on the Titan, but I don't know about the Omnia. Gut feeling... probably not.

stoshx 12-09-2008 07:16 PM

One of the problems I have with the Omnia is that whenever I get a call and pull the phone out of it's holster (which is horizontal), I have to wait for the animation that switches to vertical to stop before I can answer the call.

Is there a setting I can change or create that would disable the accelerometer when there is an incoming call so that I can answer it in a timely manner?

syrguy1969 12-09-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoshx (Post 569059)
One of the problems I have with the Omnia is that whenever I get a call and pull the phone out of it's holster (which is horizontal), I have to wait for the animation that switches to vertical to stop before I can answer the call.

Is there a setting I can change or create that would disable the accelerometer when there is an incoming call so that I can answer it in a timely manner?

Sure...just go to settings...system....motion sensor

you can disable, set sensitivity, or a different animation.

stoshx 12-10-2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 569432)
Sure...just go to settings...system....motion sensor you can disable, set sensitivity, or a different animation.

Thanks for the advice, but those aren't really viable options. I need to be able to go between horizontal and vertical for different things like vertical for phone and horizontal for typing a text message. The animation is irrelevant because even if you have no animation you still have to wait for it to transition. And changing the sensitivity does not stop it from changing when moved from horizontal to vertical. Any other suggestions?