PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46953)

blile 11-28-2008 11:29 PM

Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories

Hey guys, anyone care to share their favorite Omnia Accessories? Cases, skins, cables, etc. I get mine soon and will look to accessorizing.

Thanks

Pipeline 11-29-2008 12:48 PM

Re: Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories

Hey Guys/Gal,

New to the forums for a member, but have visited allot as a guest. Allot of good info here.

Just got my Omnia yesterday at 10AM via FedEx, I was still playing with it at midnight.

I am not the Phone Motor head as some around here are, but the WOW factor is definitely shipped with this phone. Haven't started playing with any cables other than the usb at this point, But if you are in a situation where you have to manually plug in your contacts? I found the sweetest little program that puts your Phone on your desktop and you can interact using your PC's mouse and keyboard, really sped things up for me. My Mobile (MyMobiler ver 1.2) by MTUX..

Enjoy your Omnia.:headbang:

Pipeline 11-29-2008 12:57 PM

Re: Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories

Also, would one recommend using an alternative shell on this phone? If so..any recommendations?
The widgets are cool and all, but...a tad lacking.

kyrumo 11-30-2008 03:39 AM

I would recommend a Bluetooth headset, so you don't have tto deal with the headset adapter

blile 12-03-2008 01:42 AM

I just ordered the video adapter. I cant wait to get it. I'll post a review as soon as I get it.

kyrumo 12-03-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blile (Post 556437)
I just ordered the video adapter. I cant wait to get it. I'll post a review as soon as I get it.

Where did you order the video adapter and how much?

blile 12-03-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrumo (Post 556561)
Where did you order the video adapter and how much?

I got it on ebay. I read in a thread on Modaco that the adapter for the SCH-U900 works with the Omnia. I'll post my results when I get it. I only paid $14. Hope it works.

syrguy1969 12-04-2008 04:26 PM

What search wording did you use in ebay? The only adapters I can find are for headets. If by video adapter you mean the TV out cords they have on the Samsung site?

rpro95 12-05-2008 04:12 PM

Anyone try any of the skins,shields or cases on ebay yet? The skins and shields I see are for the GSM version not Verizon.The listings that depict Verizon are not. They are the GSM version. I don't want to have to revert to a cutout for the front camera from the GSM version on ours.

syrguy1969 12-05-2008 06:13 PM

Personally, the first accessory I am looking for is a good case with a stylus holder included (preferably in leather)...I have seen a couple, but they really aren't all that great in looks!! I am a sucker for Krusell cases, and they do make a sweet looking one for the Omnis, but there is no stylus holder (can't win)!!!!