PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46953)

blile 12-08-2008 07:09 AM

Re: Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories

Quote:

Originally Posted by blile (Post 557464)
I got it on ebay. I read in a thread on Modaco that the adapter for the SCH-U900 works with the Omnia. I'll post my results when I get it. I only paid $14. Hope it works.

So I got my cable, and it works great. You can see what ever is on your phone on your tv or projector or whatever. Great buy.

danagin 12-12-2008 05:14 PM

Re: Omnia Accessories Thread- Share your thoughts on your favorite Omnia Accessories

I use spb mobile shell, and it is great. I liked the phone out of the box, but the spb mobile shell takes away enough of the WM look for it not to annoy me as much... Also the interface is very clean and professional looking, I wish you could do a little more customizing.

As far as a case with a stylus that would be cool, for now, I just tethered the stylus to my keychain. I rarely need it.

I've been eyeing the phone skins on ebay as well, if anyone has tried one of these, let us know how it looks. I don't want a gel case that makes the screen resessed, that is one of the main reasons I like this phone is that you can get to the scroll bars easy because there is no resession. (That's what Mcain said...)

syrguy1969 12-12-2008 05:25 PM

I just ordered an Invisible Armor Clear Protector screen cover, so I will let you know how that works, I didn't bother with the backing...not really worried about the plastic scuffing a bit LOL!!

blile 12-12-2008 10:44 PM

I just ordered the Zagg invisible shield for the entire phone. I'll let you guys know how it is. I wanted the full body skin because the phone can be slippery especially since it is top heavy, and I almost dropped it the other day. I need more grip.

I used the skins from bestskinsever.com and really like the way they feel and protect the device, but they dont make one for the omnia yet. This will be my first ZAGG product so hopefully I'll like it.

spetrillo 12-17-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blile (Post 575354)
I just ordered the Zagg invisible shield for the entire phone. I'll let you guys know how it is. I wanted the full body skin because the phone can be slippery especially since it is top heavy, and I almost dropped it the other day. I need more grip.

I used the skins from bestskinsever.com and really like the way they feel and protect the device, but they dont make one for the omnia yet. This will be my first ZAGG product so hopefully I'll like it.

Let us know how you like it. I am contemplating Zagg for my Omnia as well as my 6900.

Steve

wickedscion 12-18-2008 05:06 AM

I've been playing with my video cable for a couple of days now. Works well, though there seems to be some resolution loss for pics. Video looks ok.
Stylus holder??? I've had my Omnia since Dec 5th, and have yet to even take the stylus out of the box. The touchscreen mapping is absolutely fantastic, and I've not once wished I had my stylus (the Eyeliner . . . lol) with me.

syrguy1969 12-18-2008 10:34 AM

I'm with wickedscion on the stylus usage! The only time I use the stylus is for resets, and sometimes pressing the power button for an extended time does that LOL!!!

As for the images...I am getting the idea (from a few scenarios in other threads) that the 5MG on our Omnia isn't quite what we thought it would be...don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it at all, I just see a world of difference between this 5MG and my Kodak 5MG camera. (I attribute it to the fact the Kodak is a camera only, and the Omnia is a phone first, and a PDA, media center, camera..... after)

lynnallen00 12-21-2008 03:50 PM

Just received a $10 case (black silicone kind) from Brando. It has the cutouts for the i900, but it looks fine and I can activate the right sided buttons (no cutouts) without problems. The screensaver from them ($7) is easy to apply. Shipping was free and took about a week as promised.

syrguy1969 12-26-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 574837)
I just ordered an Invisible Armor Clear Protector screen cover, so I will let you know how that works, I didn't bother with the backing...not really worried about the plastic scuffing a bit LOL!!

I got the screen protector, and it was easy to use...a little soapy water and a bit of time is all I needed!! I was a little leary of the 'tacky-ness' of the sceeen-protector ar first, but it gives a nice firm feel to pressing an icon, keyboard....! So...so far...so good!!

I can see where the backing would add a lot of grip to the Omnia now, but I have mine in a leather case, so I still won't get it.

wtherrell 12-28-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrguy1969 (Post 585943)
I'm with wickedscion on the stylus usage! The only time I use the stylus is for resets, and sometimes pressing the power button for an extended time does that LOL!!!

As for the images...I am getting the idea (from a few scenarios in other threads) that the 5MG on our Omnia isn't quite what we thought it would be...don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it at all, I just see a world of difference between this 5MG and my Kodak 5MG camera. (I attribute it to the fact the Kodak is a camera only, and the Omnia is a phone first, and a PDA, media center, camera..... after)

I hear there is an anti-shake option on the OmniCam that helps. Ditto on Kodak. It's the lens, not the MP. My Kodak has an excellent lens (for the price), but I don't always have it with me like I do my Omnia.