PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to port a vz omnia to alltel?

does any one know how to port vz omnia to alltel need help thanks?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

hghlander is a n00b
Re: how to port a vz omnia to alltel?

Hi,

If you haven't gotten your omnia activated on alltel yet, here is how to do it.

First, write down the ESN number (under the battery) cause they are gonna ask you for it. Next, call the 800 service number for alltel. Tell them that you have been having trouble with your old phone, bought a new CDMA phone off of EBay and would like to switch to it. This is where they will ask you for your ESN. Once you give it to them, they will do their magic on their computer, then tell you to dial *228 on your phone. IMPORTANT: At this point, you will dial *22801. This will do, what they need your phone to do. *228 will only connect you to Verizon. In fact, I suggest that you dial *22801 before you even call them to make sure that it does take you to Alltel.

That's it. Once the phone receives the programming, you are connected. They will have you make a test call and the girl called my cell to make sure that it could receive calls.

Hope this works for you. Only problem I have had so far with mine is that I can't get #777 to work (even though I have the data plan). I'm working on that, but if you find a way, would love to hear it.

Let me know if this works ok for you.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

I'm sorry... this post won't help you in any way... but aren't all of alltel's customers getting slowly changed to verizon? At least, that's what my understanding was... why bother activating a new phone on a dying service?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9228 View Post
I'm sorry... this post won't help you in any way... but aren't all of alltel's customers getting slowly changed to verizon? At least, that's what my understanding was... why bother activating a new phone on a dying service?
was thinking the same thing
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MP6900AL - Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

talk2nate is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to talk2nate

The post has correct information.. and the service isn't a dying service! lol .. If it were dying they wouldn't still be selling phones. Verizon purchased Alltel - in other words since both networks are CDMA is a flawless transition together. Nothing like what Sprint and Nextel went through to get going. (Alltel name will phase out and the remaining will all be Verizon)

The information he posted about changing your Omnia to Alltel will work just fine. Also remember you can do it on your Alltel.com online account also without talking to customer service!

One problem your going to run into right now is the Omnia phone will keep changing your internet username back to your verizon one. This will keep your data connection from working properly. Hopefully soon ePST or a better tool will be made available for us Omnia users to fix the issue. Search the forums for more info on that though - some have worked around it.

Many people are finding Alltel's Smart Choice plans are cheaper data plans than other carriers and wanted to be "grandfathered" in on the price plan before the switch.

~ PPC6800 (Titan) ~ MP6900AL (Vogue) ~ PPC6850AL (Touch Pro) ~ Samsung Omnia i910
Old 06-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse
Threadstarter

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

cool ill try it out thanks

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

abe21599 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post

Many people are finding Alltel's Smart Choice plans are cheaper data plans than other carriers and wanted to be "grandfathered" in on the price plan before the switch.
Most definitely. I also have my omnia on the alltel network and cant get that data to work on it properly. O well.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue

Fa310tx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Fa310tx Send a message via AIM to Fa310tx Send a message via MSN to Fa310tx Send a message via Yahoo to Fa310tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2nate View Post
The information he posted about changing your Omnia to Alltel will work just fine. Also remember you can do it on your Alltel.com online account also without talking to customer service!
The website should report that it's another carrier's phone and not allow it (at least it did with me). It also won't allow you to activate an alltel smartphone without a smartphone plan.
I've been using the omnia on alltel and everything works fine, except #777. One username setting keeps reverting back to vzw3g.com.
JJ
Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2

Big A is a n00b

have u gotten your data to work at all on alltel with your samsung omnia? thx bud
Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2

Big A is a n00b

have u gotten your data to work at all on alltel with your samsung omnia? thx bud
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia