PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Do you feel disappointed by your o2?

When I bought the 02 I was so excited that I stayd in the vz store for an extra 30mins checking out the phone. The first thing it did was to throw me an error when I was trying to open opera. My phone has frozen many times already and had to take the battery out. True it has 8Gb but they are not being used by the phone. For every application the main memory is exploited thus makes it run way slow. Just the other day I was trying to take a picture and it said it didn't have enough memory to take the pciture even tho I have my pics and vids to be saved on my storage. Sometime the phone just lags, it takes a while to open one of the applications, and when it does the internet doesn't seem that fast. I have to wait for some time for pics to load. Maybe it's because I"m using desktop mode. But yeah, my omnia II it's making me reconsidering, even tho it's supposed to be on top of the phone technology...Maybe if there is a Omnia III will fix this errors and will make a way better difference. But then again they might just delay it's release date for months..
Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2 I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JustinAppi is a n00b
Re: Do you feel disappointed by your o2?

My Omnia II is the best phone I've ever owned. It honestly does everything I want and need and does it in a reliable fashion. Maybe you've got a bad 02, if so, return it for an exchange. I don't know of any mobile phone that has all of the capabilities that the 02 has. If you haven't already done so, you should get SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and disable the Samsung TouchWiz interface. Your 02 will fly from that point on.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 2
Carrier: orange

julesthebear is a n00b

I have the 2Gb version with an 8 gig card.The phone is cool - especially the videos on the large Amoled screen - sweet.I`ve had no errors although I can`t seem to get the compass working in the windows file (have a look on you tube for vid) or the compass program posted in here somewhere.Other than this still happy with phone.Need more apps though to compete with Iphone.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesthebear View Post
I have the 2Gb version with an 8 gig card.The phone is cool - especially the videos on the large Amoled screen - sweet.I`ve had no errors although I can`t seem to get the compass working in the windows file (have a look on you tube for vid) or the compass program posted in here somewhere.Other than this still happy with phone.Need more apps though to compete with Iphone.

worked just perfect for me, I just installed it and it work..I have an Idea why it's not working with yours, it's because you do not have netframework 3.5.cab installed on your phone. you might not find the cab. just the exe. and you have to sinc it with your computer and install it from your computer to your phone...or not...I don't know
Old 01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

levytv is a n00b

get mobile shell and youll be very happy the phone rocks it just needs a little work.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 2
Carrier: orange

julesthebear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
worked just perfect for me, I just installed it and it work..I have an Idea why it's not working with yours, it's because you do not have netframework 3.5.cab installed on your phone. you might not find the cab. just the exe. and you have to sinc it with your computer and install it from your computer to your phone...or not...I don't know
Thanks for the advice will try netframework 3.5 cab & try again
Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: acer aspire 1640z
Carrier: verizon

kristinicole06 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrzsuxppcrocks View Post
When I bought the 02 I was so excited that I stayd in the vz store for an extra 30mins checking out the phone. The first thing it did was to throw me an error when I was trying to open opera. My phone has frozen many times already and had to take the battery out. True it has 8Gb but they are not being used by the phone. For every application the main memory is exploited thus makes it run way slow. Just the other day I was trying to take a picture and it said it didn't have enough memory to take the pciture even tho I have my pics and vids to be saved on my storage. Sometime the phone just lags, it takes a while to open one of the applications, and when it does the internet doesn't seem that fast. I have to wait for some time for pics to load. Maybe it's because I"m using desktop mode. But yeah, my omnia II it's making me reconsidering, even tho it's supposed to be on top of the phone technology...Maybe if there is a Omnia III will fix this errors and will make a way better difference. But then again they might just delay it's release date for months..
agreed. i hate my omnia 2. it freezes all the time, i have to pry the back off to take the battery out a few times a day because the power button stops working. speaking of buttons not working, the lock button also decided to not work sometimes. i dont know about anyone else having such an issue with screen alignment, but i get stuck clicking the +'s for HOURS. usually i have to just pop the battery out because its the only way to get out of the program. so whenever i try to type it is off on a lot of the letters, and the swype wont work because it cant guess the works right. my usb port for the charger is loose for some reason, but that could have been me. i hear about the screen being so good that u can see it clearly outside, but i was in hawaii and the sunlight made it very hard to read. i also cant stand how if you use a clip from a song when you get text messages the song wont stop when you open the message.... it even plays while ur on the phone. the screen itself trys to flip all the time too. there really isnt too many things i like about my omnia. i just wish i could type on it without it messing up!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

have you guys flashed your omnias?

mine flies without spb mobile shell
Old 10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry 9860 & Playbook
Carrier: Telcel

felixgza is a n00b

My Omnia II flies too, I am very hapy with it.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Mobility

sportster44 is just getting started

I'll chirp in on the plus side as well. By far my Omnia II has been my best windows phone to date. No issues with anything onyone has listed above although I'm not a fan of MS 3.5. Still running Touchwiz or WAD. However I'm not using Omnia in desktop mode but rather mobile mode and try to keep to mobile websites in order to keep a fast browsing experience. and no I'm still running the stock Bell ROM
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II