PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Verizon Omnia 2 I920 Tethered Finally! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109845)

OmniaFan1 02-07-2010 11:55 PM

Verizon Omnia 2 I920 Tethered Finally!

After messing with this and having no success, I finally have WMWIFIRouter 1.61 running on my Omnia 2 I920. I had prevoiusly tried installing the .cab file from their site and also the free older version. Prior to this I installed an ICS .cab from my previous I910 and an IP Router cab that WMWifiRouter gave me for the I910. Version 1.61 would install but I would get "limited connection" through USB even when my Omnia 2 said connected and the WIFI would just say "searching" when ever I attempted to use Broadband to WIFI. Finally I did a hard reset and tried to install Version 1.61 through the .exe version from WMWIFIRouter's site. Prior to this, I turned on WiFi, and Bluetooth and the phone. I did NOT install the old version of ICS I had. Everything is working perfectly now! So if your having similar problems as I have seen around the net, try this and good luck!

chriswells13 02-08-2010 02:06 AM

Re: Verizon Omnia 2 I920 Tethered Finally!

The program PDANet also works for tethering and no tinkering is required.

Robtao 02-08-2010 11:43 AM

I simply installed the ICSInstall.CAB and it works. I was having trouble (connected but no internet) with one of the cooked ROMS before flashing back to stock via Wozzers Stock ROM .nb0.

Edit: Not working any more on cooked ROM.
Edit: Now working on Ninja4Hire Today ROM.
Edit: Not working anymore

wsetliff 02-27-2010 10:57 AM

Would someone please post the ICS.cab file for Wmob 6.5. I want to get my Verizon Omnia 2 going. Thanks!

RacerJT 03-02-2010 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 61442

I just used this file on my 920
Install ICS cab (above)
Restart the phone
Run IntShrUI from programs
connect with USB cable until the phone shows connected
close the program
run WMWiFiRouter
3g to Router

The first time it connected to the internet and then disconnected saying disconnect for unknown reason. When I tried the second time, it worked perfectly and has continued since.

Hope this helps everyone.

BetaMan 03-31-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerJT (Post 1602726)
Attachment 61442

I just used this file on my 920
Install ICS cab (above)
Restart the phone
Run IntShrUI from programs
connect with USB cable until the phone shows connected
close the program
run WMWiFiRouter
3g to Router

The first time it connected to the internet and then disconnected saying disconnect for unknown reason. When I tried the second time, it worked perfectly and has continued since.

Hope this helps everyone.

What ROM are you using and can Verizon tell you are tethering?

Geebox 03-31-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaMan (Post 1671692)
What ROM are you using and can Verizon tell you are tethering?

No they can not. You can always log onto your Verizonwireless account and view your data usage if your not sure.

jpinsl 04-03-2010 08:15 PM

Here's another method to tether using the USB cable:

Use Data Connection from your phone to tether:
1) Put the USB Connection in Activesyn mode; tick the Enable Advance Network Functionality.
a-1) Set USB connection to activesyn with advance network enabled
a-2) Disable your auto disconnection in your data connection setting.
a) Connect the device to the PC using the USB cable.
b) Connect first to the activesyn/Windows Mobile Device Center (automatic)
c) Start ICS on the phone
d) Press connect
2) You might gett disconnected intermittenly from ICS due to the Data Connection settings. If you've set that the data connection will be automatically disconnected after X mins, basically, as long as there are no packets, it will be disconnected.
3) If you are connected via GPRS any call/sms/mms coming in will disconnect the connection
Use 3G connection and it will stay connected.

stewart05 04-13-2010 11:59 AM

Hey all, just got my Omnia 2 over the weekend and getting everything setup.
I have the i920 with Verizon WM 6.5.
I'm looking to tether the easiest way possible. I would like to avoid the WMWiFirouter as wifi will kill the battery. I would like to be able to tether via bluetooth and USB. What is the easiest way to do this without paying Verizon. Can I just install the ICSinstall.cab and I'm good?

Thanks,

Geebox 04-13-2010 02:39 PM

Try the post above, i experienced intermitting connection this way. But WifiRouter & PDAnet can connect serveral ways ie, bluetooth, usb and wifi. So they will work. I use wifirouter mainly with the usb connection method, but have used it with the wifi and bluetooth also.