PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Series (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Epic 4g Pre-order tomorrow? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130755)

gTen 08-04-2010 04:37 PM

Epic 4g Pre-order tomorrow?

Edit 2: "An anonymous source of SDX-Developers just got confirmation through official email from Samsung and Sprint Corporate that advocate devices to be rolled out starting 8/9/2010. They were originally intended to be rolled out 8/6/2010, but was changed due to a “minor delay” they did not disclose. The August 20th release date was officially confirmed as well!"

------------------------------------
Some people have noted to have received internal memos from sprint that pre-orders for epic 4g starts tomorrow....

There is no screenshots of the memo yet but there probably will be one soon...

Edit: Here is a transcript of the memo:

On Thursday, August 5th - if you are a Sprint Premiere customer, you should receive an e-mail containing a link to Pre-Order your Samsung Epic4G
Then, on Friday, August 6th - the general public will receive an email containing the link.

Here are some guidelines for the pre-orders:
-Only one Samsung can be reserved at a time
-Pre-orders will continues through 8/17/2010 (NOTE: The reservations may be closed early if inventory is depleted)
-No Money, Bank, or Credit Card information will be required to reserve a device
- all reserved devices MUST be picked up by noon on the day following the Samsung Epic launch or they WILL BE CANCELLED
-Reservations will be made through sprint.com/ Epic4G

mlin 08-04-2010 04:39 PM

Re: Epic 4g Pre-order tomorrow?

Is there a release date for this yet? I want to get it for my wife.

gTen 08-04-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1898649)
Is there a release date for this yet? I want to get it for my wife.

No one said anything about it yet...only confirmed the pre-orders...usually pre-orders are done 2 weeks in advanced...and samsung had a show for epic 4g on aug 20th...so the guess is it will be aug 19th-20th...

but nothing official yet, we will know maybe end of today or tomorrow...

nvmyc 08-04-2010 04:44 PM

All indications are pointing toward August 20/21....Hopefully that is true because I am growing tired of my Samsung Moment which happens to be the longest tenured cell phone I have ever had (6 months).

nvmyc 08-04-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1898654)
No one said anything about it yet...only confirmed the pre-orders...usually pre-orders are done 2 weeks in advanced...and samsung had a show for epic 4g on aug 20th...so the guess is it will be aug 19th-20th...

but nothing official yet, we will know maybe end of today or tomorrow...

you beat me to it, LOL

gTen 08-04-2010 04:55 PM

also look at the sprint home page:

http://sprint.com/index_c.html

click on the 4th box after S|P...recognize the device ;)

(It may have been there earlier though but I just noticed lol)

nvmyc 08-04-2010 04:58 PM

with all the production assists and web design people that are entering stuff into the website or computer then you'd think someone would have a definitive release date for this phone.....Cell phone release dates are like conspiracies that are bottled up tight and if anyone speaks then they turn up like Jimmy Hoffa, LMAO

gTen 08-04-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvmyc (Post 1898691)
with all the production assists and web design people that are entering stuff into the website or computer then you'd think someone would have a definitive release date for this phone.....Cell phone release dates are like conspiracies that are bottled up tight and if anyone speaks then they turn up like Jimmy Hoffa, LMAO

Samsung is suppose to make some sort of announcement today...hopefully it will be a release date ;) lol

Scientific 08-04-2010 09:58 PM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=29

gTen 08-04-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientific (Post 1899075)

You also getting the device? or just looking? lol

Scientific 08-04-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1899080)
You also getting the device? or just looking? lol

I have an EVO I got from the Google I/O conference...but very seriously considering getting this phone!

gTen 08-04-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientific (Post 1899085)
I have an EVO I got from the Google I/O conference...but very seriously considering getting this phone!

Yes...come to the Galaxy S side... resistance is futile..lol

But I think it will be an awesome phone so its worht a shot..if naything they have their 30 day thing :/

Scientific 08-04-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1899098)
Yes...come to the Galaxy S side... resistance is futile..lol

But I think it will be an awesome phone so its worht a shot..if naything they have their 30 day thing :/

True...I could always return it if it doesn't WOW me enough to switch from the Evo...

bullet2300 08-04-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientific (Post 1899144)
True...I could always return it if it doesn't WOW me enough to switch from the Evo...

I would love to see you working on stuff for the Epic ;) Hopefully the device impresses you!:headbang:

ajac 08-05-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1898644)
Some people have noted to have received internal memos from sprint that pre-orders for epic 4g starts tomorrow....

There is no screenshots of the memo yet but there probably will be one soon...

Edit: Here is a transcript of the memo:

On Thursday, August 5th - if you are a Sprint Premiere customer, you should receive an e-mail containing a link to Pre-Order your Samsung Epic4G
Then, on Friday, August 6th - the general public will receive an email containing the link.

Here are some guidelines for the pre-orders:
-Only one Samsung can be reserved at a time
-Pre-orders will continues through 8/17/2010 (NOTE: The reservations may be closed early if inventory is depleted)
-No Money, Bank, or Credit Card information will be required to reserve a device
- all reserved devices MUST be picked up by noon on the day following the Samsung Epic launch or they WILL BE CANCELLED
-Reservations will be made through sprint.com/ Epic4G

so this a bust? since I am seeing nothing.

gTen 08-05-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1899770)
so this a bust? since I am seeing nothing.

Still too early to tell...and as stated today is for the S|P (so only certain managers who handle S|P members would be emailing/calling about this)...while tomorrow will be for the general public...

darren.wlsn1 08-05-2010 12:25 PM

omg i didnt get my email, fail.

ajac 08-05-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1899830)
Still too early to tell...and as stated today is for the S|P (so only certain managers who handle S|P members would be emailing/calling about this)...while tomorrow will be for the general public...

hopefully their emailing us premiers as we speak My have to pre-order one if sprint allows it.

gTen 08-05-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1899838)
omg i didnt get my email, fail.

Sorry your not cool enough for an epic so they didn't send it to you :/

jk

Vertigo 08-05-2010 01:08 PM

I just got off the phone with Sprint and the bulletin they receive to let customers know where to pre-order has been removed, go figures...

gTen 08-05-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 1899914)
I just got off the phone with Sprint and the bulletin they receive to let customers know where to pre-order has been removed, go figures...

If thats the case..that would suck :/...

unless that 1 rumor is true that in the playbook this wed they skip the pre-order thing and push up the release to beat the droid 2 to the punch :/ (similar what tmobile did with theirs)...someone needs to ost the playbook to confirm/deny it >.>

JHComputerGuy 08-05-2010 01:54 PM

Why would they do a pre-order today when there is not even a release date or price? Price point is a big issue. I for one would not pre-order something before know how much it costs. I just called a local sprint store and they thought it was coming out on the 8th but they said it is not and they do not have the information on when it is or what the price is.

JHComputerGuy 08-05-2010 02:00 PM

Plus if it was coming out anytime soon the stores should know about it.. At least a week before it comes out so they can prepare..

gTen 08-05-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy (Post 1900005)
Plus if it was coming out anytime soon the stores should know about it.. At least a week before it comes out so they can prepare..

Not always the case with sprint..the TP2 the stores didn't even know about even after it came out lol...but the preorder thing was definitely legit..but as stated above it may have been pulled the last minute :/

Also so you know..the Epic is on sprint's front page...

JHComputerGuy 08-05-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1900011)
Not always the case with sprint..the TP2 the stores didn't even know about even after it came out lol...but the preorder thing was definitely legit..but as stated above it may have been pulled the last minute :/

Yes I know it is, with the "Coming Soon" on it also.. Still no date or price..

Scientific 08-05-2010 02:22 PM

Someone over at XDA posted this:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...to-open-early/

TripleAgent 08-05-2010 02:42 PM

Just got the Sprint Connection email...got all hyped, then sad for this glorified ad. It does have a blurb about the Epic, and a link to the Epic video page posted earlier.

austin420 08-05-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

but the tp2 was totally fly by night. no instore ads, no commercials, they werent really trying to push that phone. im convinced the only reason sprint signed on carry the tp2 was to have phones to give away to disgruntled tp users, and thats why so many reps were in the dark about it. i took mine into sprint for something and and all the reps were like "omg, i didnt even know that was out yet!" i would expect more from the epic. it is my planned upgrade path from the tp2.

gTen 08-05-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1900087)
but the tp2 was totally fly by night. no instore ads, no commercials, they werent really trying to push that phone. im convinced the only reason sprint signed on carry the tp2 was to have phones to give away to disgruntled tp users, and thats why so many reps were in the dark about it. i took mine into sprint for something and and all the reps were like "omg, i didnt even know that was out yet!" i would expect more from the epic. it is my planned upgrade path from the tp2.

Yeah it was sad day for sprint..not only did they delay it cause of the dumb palm pre...they didn't advertise it one bit :/

----------------------------------------------------

Also some people claim they were able to do pre-orders via sprint and Best buy :/

bjhill2112 08-05-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Not anymore. They pulled it a little while ago, shortly after the Sprint Connection email went out.

Scientific 08-05-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhill2112 (Post 1900435)
Not anymore. They pulled it a little while ago, shortly after the Sprint Connection email went out.

Huh? The Epic is still on the front page of sprint.com...

gTen 08-05-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhill2112 (Post 1900435)

Yeah sprint is going crazy..either that or trying to torture us..

http://images.androidcentral.com/sit...pic-launch.png

and then they change it to:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...unch-blank.png

Scientific 08-05-2010 06:12 PM

sprint is being so RETARDED about this phone...

Carla 08-06-2010 01:17 AM

I am going to buy this, but I am NOT going through this pre-order BS again. I'll wait if I have to.

thomlanphear 08-06-2010 08:21 AM

I got an email this morning which I have copied below and the rep is saying you can reserve it today. Sorry it is a little chopped up but I wanted to remove all of my account details. The site she is refering to is the sprint.com/epic

From:"Chodos, Denise J [CK]" <Denise.J.Chodos@sprint.com>

Add to ContactsTo:deleted
Good Morning Mr. Lamphear,

Wanted to update you on getting the new Samsung Epic 4G. There is a section, starting today, on the site that I sent you called Reserve now. You can reserve you Epic from 8/6/2010 – 8/17/2010. Be sure to visit and get your phone.

Denise

Sprint's first in 4Gand overall business customer satisfaction. Speed and Service...Now!

Learn More about ERT at: www.sprint.com/ert
Become a Facebook Fan of Sprint's Emergency Response Team at: www.facebook.com/SprintEmergency Response Team
Customer On-Line Tools – Sprint Nextel understands that your time is precious and we are equipping you with online account management tools that will assist you in managing your account needs. Visit the website at http://www.sprint.com/business/ecenter/
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

TripleAgent 08-06-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomlanphear (Post 1901136)
I got an email this morning which I have copied below and the rep is saying you can reserve it today. Sorry it is a little chopped up but I wanted to remove all of my account details. The site she is refering to is the sprint.com/epic

Add to ContactsTo:deleted

Wanted to update you on getting the new Samsung Epic 4G. There is a section, starting today, on the site that I sent you called Reserve now. You can reserve you Epic from 8/6/2010 – 8/17/2010. Be sure to visit and get your phone.

Denise

Sprint's first in 4Gand overall business customer satisfaction. Speed and Service...Now!

Learn More about ERT at: www.sprint.com/ert
Become a Facebook Fan of Sprint's Emergency Response Team at: www.facebook.com/SprintEmergency Response Team
Customer On-Line Tools – Sprint Nextel understands that your time is precious and we are equipping you with online account management tools that will assist you in managing your account needs. Visit the website at http://www.sprint.com/business/ecenter/
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

I see nothing at sprint.com\epic. What happened when you went there?

thomlanphear 08-06-2010 09:55 AM

Same thing I don't see it either but I can only go with what she said in the email

revaaron 08-06-2010 12:39 PM

I'm a premiere member and I see nothing and have gotten nothing about pre-ordering.

austin420 08-06-2010 12:50 PM

same here.

thomlanphear 08-06-2010 01:30 PM

I emailed her back and this is her reponse. I signed up again to be notified but still have not recieved anything.

RE: Account: XXXX Release of the Now Network Sprint 4G Epic

View ContactTo:Deleted

Make sure you go to Sprint.Com/Epic4G

Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 9:28 AM
To: Chodos, Denise J [CK]
Subject: Re: Account: XXXXXXRelease of the Now Network Sprint 4G Epic

I have been going to the site but I don't see a reserve now button. Has it been delayed or am I going to the wrong site. I am going to www.sprint.com/epic

From: " Chodos, Denise J [CK] " <Denise.J.Chodos@sprint.com>
To: " deleted>
Sent: Fri, August 6, 2010 7:53:25 AM
Subject: FW: Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelease of the Now Network Sprint 4G Epic

Denise