PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
HD movies

So.........is it me.....or is it Android?!

I had this problem before where I would try to put movie files on my micro SD card and the file would become corrupt or something....then I would have to take everything off the card except the corrupt file...than format the card...then put everything back on. The same thing is happening with the E4GT.

I'm trying to put movies on my card but the file gets messed up. Then I convert the file and it still gets messed up. Then I convert it to the lowest quality possible and IT STILL GETS MESSED UP!!!!!! I even did a full format on my sd card on my computer.....than again on the phone and restored my files (not the corrupt one) and it still messes up!

What are the limitations to which I can put HD movies on this phone?! Does Android still have the 2gb memory problem with files.....or am I just stupid?!

T.I.A.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HD movies

are you using shitty samsung card cause in on kingston with no issues.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:24 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

can you add the movie to the touch internal memory?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:33 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

ya he can if he wants, sometimes i do by accident.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:

ya he can if he wants, sometimes i do by accident.
but will it work properly or have issues?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:29 AM
acs tester

Quote:

but will it work properly or have issues?
ya im saying i watch them from internal.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Threadstarter

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

I haven't tried putting them on the phone instead of the sd card! Also....I have a Kingston 16gb Class 10. I really don't know what the deal is! (?) I just tried again when I got home from work and the same thing! I........have........no........idea!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Just a random thought, I'm gonna throw out. As long as the files aren't larger than 4GB you should be good depending on the codec used to encode the movie. I normally don't watch movies on my phone but if I do I always convert them prior.

Try this and see if it plays smooth for you.

1.) Download Handbrake.
2.) Open app then source/video file and select.
3.) In presets click AppleTV2 (I use to retain 720p)
4.) In Destination name the file and folder where you want it output. Change extension from m4v in file box to mp4.
5.) Uncheck large file size and check web optimized.
6.) Click start and try the file when it's done converting.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Threadstarter

Two things I just learned:

1) Transferring large amounts of data is not a good idea...as it can corrupt files on your memory card and cause you to loose everything......so now I just put all my video files one the card one by one! That has been working so far.

2) Like masetas asked......I can put them on the internal memory first....then transfer them to the memory card....but the same rules apply....because when I tried to transfer a large amount of data my card "corrupted" again.

I don't know what the deal is but when I had my Touch Pro 2 I didn't have to worry about this!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Two things I just learned:

1) Transferring large amounts of data is not a good idea...as it can corrupt files on your memory card and cause you to loose everything......so now I just put all my video files one the card one by one! That has been working so far.

2) Like masetas asked......I can put them on the internal memory first....then transfer them to the memory card....but the same rules apply....because when I tried to transfer a large amount of data my card "corrupted" again.

I don't know what the deal is but when I had my Touch Pro 2 I didn't have to worry about this!
i have no issues and almost same sdcard so trust me its not the phone so where are you getting movies and i still dont get why you dont watch them while there on internal cause we have a ton to spare.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy S II Series > Samsung Epic Touch