PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   [Theme][TF3D][VGA] BlueThunder v1.0 by TheShade001 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73161)

TheShade001 06-29-2009 01:11 AM

[Theme][TF3D][VGA] BlueThunder v1.0 by TheShade001

5 Attachment(s)
http://www.hhvisualgroup.com/temp/bl...er_preview.jpg

After posting a few images on another thread i started getting hammered with PMs about sharing my theme. This is my first attempt at a TF3D skin. I tried to be as thorough as possible, but have not had as much time i would like. This theme is based off of the sprint 10-button stock manila files(black theme). I borrowed a few manila files from the alltel stock manila as well in order to get seperate rollovers for the tray icons and the larger graphic(hero).

BlueThunder v1.0 was designed around the wallpaper that I have included which you can set in the settings tab. I take no credit for the clock. I just used one that i like called ClearDigital.cab which is floating around. I do take credit for everything else. :)

I am still working on it as well as making a version for TF3D2 which should be done fairly soon(in the next couple of weeks).

To install:
  1. Copy wallpaper to your device or storage card.
  2. Disable TouchFlo 3D
  3. Run BlueThunder_v1.0.cab
  4. Soft reset
  5. Enable TouchFlo 3D
  6. Slide the TF3D slider to the settings tab and select "Wallpaper" from the list.
  7. When asked if you want to use default background hit "No."
  8. Browse to where you saved the wallpaper and select it.
  9. Enjoy
*NOTE: I have tested this on MightyROM 5 and the new ROM that Silence and Mighty Mike just released. The background for all pages, on these roms, worked without having to install it. Not sure about other roms. If the wallpaper is not on all pages you may need to download the mUn_BackGround4AllPages_v.02.cab which i have added below.

Also, since theme cabs do not always roll back correctly i figured i better add the stock manila files which are attached below. Although the stock cab is much smaller than the theme, for some reason, the actual manila files are about the same size(13mb or so). If you prefer the stock manila files over a cab, let me know and i will post them as well.

By all means, criticize. I am looking to get more detailed and better with the next one. If you happen to like it, don't forget to hit the "thanks" button.

*EDIT* I have add the ClearDigital clock cab for those who want it.

djsonar 06-29-2009 01:20 AM

Re: [Theme][TF3D][VGA] BlueThunder v1.0 by TheShade001

Very nice

horndoctor 06-29-2009 01:47 AM

Looks cool.
Can't test cause I'm qvga.
Nice Work.

TheShade001 06-29-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1003282)
Looks cool.
Can't test cause I'm qvga.
Nice Work.

bummer. I was just getting my feet wet, but i will look into what it takes to convert it to qvga. If it isn't too painstaking i will convert it for ya.

RR33 06-29-2009 07:33 AM

Very good job !
I love it,
Thanx

:)

har226 06-29-2009 01:39 PM

I am going to try this theme good job looks great...

trebores 06-29-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 1003217)

*NOTE: I have tested this on MightyROM 5 and the new ROM that Silence and Mighy Mike just released. The background for all pages, on these roms, worked without having to install it. Not sure about other roms. To get the background for all pages you may need to install the cab which is easy to find(it's everywhere). If, for some reason, you have a hard time tracking it down let me know and i will post the cab for it.

Hi. I like the theme, good work. I'm not following you on this bit. What cab are you referring to to get the background on every page. I can't seem to get the background enabled. Can you please clarify the steps for doing this.

Thanks.

BRIVERS73 06-29-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebores (Post 1004025)
Hi. I like the theme, good work. I'm not following you on this bit. What cab are you referring to to get the background on every page. I can't seem to get the background enabled. Can you please clarify the steps for doing this.

Thanks.

This is what u want if your running windows 6.1...

TheShade001 06-29-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebores (Post 1004025)

Thanks.

Looks like Brivers had ur back. I went ahead and added the cab to the first post too. To install it:
  1. Save the wallpaper anywhere on your device or storage card
  2. Disable TF3D
  3. Run the cab
  4. soft reset
  5. enable TF3D
  6. go to the settings tab and select wallpaper
  7. browse to the image
That should be it.

pringlet 06-29-2009 05:27 PM

TF3D is crashing and then re-starting when I go to the Weather tab.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
printlet

---More details---
I'm Running Silence ROM (NOT the Mighty / Silence collaboration ROM)

TheShade001 06-29-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pringlet (Post 1004408)

Thanks
printlet

The only time i have had that issue is when i accidently used HTCWeatherMaster(meant for TF3D2) on TF3D or vice versa by using the WeatherDatabaseEditor(meant for TF3D) on TF3D2. Are you using a program like these to update your city?

Also, are you using a stock rom or a flashed rom?

trebores 06-29-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 1004262)
Looks like Brivers had ur back. I went ahead and added the cab to the first post too. To install it:
  1. Save the wallpaper anywhere on your device or storage card
  2. Disable TF3D
  3. Run the cab
  4. soft reset
  5. enable TF3D
  6. go to the settings tab and select wallpaper
  7. browse to the image
That should be it.

I did all of that and still no background. I'm using Mighty/Silence rom. I installed your cab, disable TF3d, reset, enable TF3d. I then get the theme. In settings-today-theme it's set to HTC Black (the blue thunder theme isn't in the list). I click the check box for use this wallpaper and browse to the .jpg for your background. I get no background. If I turn off TF3d, I can see the background, but obviously don't get the theme.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

TheShade001 06-29-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebores (Post 1004427)
I did all of that and still no background. I'm using Mighty/Silence rom. I installed your cab, disable TF3d, reset, enable TF3d. I then get the theme. In settings-today-theme it's set to HTC Black (the blue thunder theme isn't in the list). I click the check box for use this wallpaper and browse to the .jpg for your background. I get no background. If I turn off TF3d, I can see the background, but obviously don't get the theme.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sounds like you might be in the wrong settings. You want to slide the slider within TF3D to the settings tab(looks like a gear - its right next to the weather tab). You will see some options on this page. Try clicking Where it says "Wallpaper" and browse there. When it asks if you want to use the default wallpaper hit "no" and browse for it.

trebores 06-29-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 1004431)
Sounds like you might be in the wrong settings. You want to slide the slider within TF3D to the settings tab(looks like a gear - its right night to the weather tab). You will see some options on this page. Try clicking Where it says "Wallpaper" and browse there.

Sweet. Thank you. I knew it was something simple like that.

Everything looks nice now.

Thanks!

TheShade001 06-29-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebores (Post 1004441)
Sweet. Thank you. I knew it was something simple like that.

Everything looks nice now.

Thanks!

awesome! glad it worked out.

yearn 06-29-2009 08:35 PM

Looks really nice man, If its not to much trouble Id prefer the files over the cab since Im on the Diamond and its gotta lot less memory.

TheShade001 06-29-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1004843)
Looks really nice man, If its not to much trouble Id prefer the files over the cab since Im on the Diamond and its gotta lot less memory.

Thanks! I updated the first post. You can download the manila files now.

rfletch12 06-29-2009 09:41 PM

Very nice theme. You might look into making a today theme with the same nice blue. Then you could carry that blue across the top and bottom WM screen where the soft keys and icons are. It would blend nice with the TF3D blue. Regardless very nice job, and i can't wait for the TF3D2 version.

TheShade001 06-29-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfletch12 (Post 1004956)
Very nice theme. You might look into making a today theme with the same nice blue. Then you could carry that blue across the top and bottom WM screen where the soft keys and icons are. It would blend nice with the TF3D blue. Regardless very nice job, and i can't wait for the TF3D2 version.

Thanks man. I am VERY eager to make a today theme or a tsk file for that reason but haven't had much luck in finding the starting point. I mean i have found several threads but couldn't seem to find the tools i needed.

I did find the dlls that i need to edit for the system tray in WM 6.5 and have the tools edit all the files. I think the only thing i am missing, in order to make a more complete theme, is how to make a standard WM tsk file...LoL. I will continue to search. In the meantime, if anyone could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

jrodizzkool01 06-30-2009 02:17 AM

QUestion: Was this made specifically for the touch pro? The reason i am asking is because all of the screen shots show only portrait mode and if this theme is only for portrait (and doesnt change the landscape menu icons), Im not too sure how it'll look with my green and black landscape theme:scratch:

TheShade001 06-30-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 (Post 1005398)
QUestion: Was this made specifically for the touch pro? The reason i am asking is because all of the screen shots show only portrait mode and if this theme is only for portrait (and doesnt change the landscape menu icons), Im not too sure how it'll look with my green and black landscape theme:scratch:

Glad you brought that up. Not necessarily for touch pro only. Unfortunately i did not get to the landscape icons. Won't take me long though. I will update the theme cab on the first post and also add another file with just the landscape icons so you can just add them to the current theme. Sorry about that.

yearn 06-30-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 1004887)
Thanks! I updated the first post. You can download the manila files now.

Thanks, it looks really good.
even without using the cab it still added about 15 mb.
and on a diamond running 6.5‚ memory is pretty valuable

TheShade001 06-30-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1005963)
Thanks, it looks really good.
even without using the cab it still added about 15 mb.
and on a diamond running 6.5‚ memory is pretty valuable

Thanks for the info. I think i may need to make a lighter version for diamonds. Perhaps i will do a version using, only, the Alltel stock files for those short on memory. Here is the difference:

Alltel's stock manila(TP): 136 files - 3mb
Sprint's stock manila(TP): 1,039 files - 13.2mb

There may be a lot of unecessary files though i am not sure. It wouldn't hurt to try since the hard part is done. All i have to do is swap out the graphics. I will try a version only using the Alltel files. Not sure if it will screw the sprint users though. Like i said, won't hurt to try. If it does work then you will save a significant amount of memory. I will try to that within the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the info. It is very helpful.

enzyme 06-30-2009 05:43 PM

Wow sick nasty theme. I want this so bad. By any chance you have the time or desire to release in a predominately black with gray/silver/white accents. That would be so sex.

yearn 06-30-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShade001 (Post 1006487)
Thanks for the info. I think i may need to make a lighter version for diamonds. Perhaps i will do a version using, only, the Alltel stock files for those short on memory. Here is the difference:

Alltel's stock manila(TP): 136 files - 3mb
Sprint's stock manila(TP): 1,039 files - 13.2mb

There may be a lot of unecessary files though i am not sure. It wouldn't hurt to try since the hard part is done. All i have to do is swap out the graphics. I will try a version only using the Alltel files. Not sure if it will screw the sprint users though. Like i said, won't hurt to try. If it does work then you will save a significant amount of memory. I will try to that within the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the info. It is very helpful.

Woah! Thats a pretty massive difference!
I really like the theme but with a 6.5 rom I only start out with 55mb of free space, and after installing resco explorer and your theme I was down to 33mb, cutting me WAY to low.
I also think sprint uses music store tab and maybe a few others.
I wouldnt have thought 10mb more but maybe?
Ill be keeping my eye out to see if you release a lite version.
Thanks again man, awesome work!

apristel 06-30-2009 11:30 PM

Anyone have a link to the ClearDigital.cab clock?

TheShade001 07-01-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1007360)
Anyone have a link to the ClearDigital.cab clock?

couldn't find the link, but i added it to the first post.

squarerootz 07-01-2009 08:16 PM

Really great theme TheShade001!! Loving the colors cause they just happen to be the same ones for the Navy (Go Navy!!). Only having one issue with it. Not sure if it's just my TP but I installed it correctly (turn off TF3D in settings, install cab, etc.) but the people tab won't populate at all. I went back, uninstalled, soft reset, re-installed, etc. but it just won't show anything.

At work right now so I can't up a screener but to describe it better, the people tab is totally blank. The wallpaper is there but the + doesn't show up nor the sidebar or other elements that normally show under a contacts picture. I noticed your screens for the people tabe have the TP HD look to them.

Is that what I'm missing? Is there anything I may be doing incorrect or is there another cab I need to have installed that I overlooked?

Oh and if you're looking for a theme creator for tsk files, this one always worked for me when I had a Mogul.

reissy 07-02-2009 10:50 AM

I really like your work. I hope you continue to make great themes like this. Landscape will be nice to have once your done with it. thanks for the skin man.

reissy 07-02-2009 11:07 AM

If you have anymore cool themes like this let me know. I hope someone makes a cool dj theme. I spin records and would like to see a technics theme. haha

brushrop03 07-05-2009 10:22 PM

I luv this theme!

only negative would be the clock. it's kinda hard to see. a yellow border around the numbers would make it a little easier to see.

But like I said this is a great theme. Bravo

oneimunky 07-07-2009 08:12 AM

Love the theme - yes having same issue with people tab - blank page - not populated.
Using HTC Touch Pro stock rom.

Keep up the good work

TheShade001 07-10-2009 02:18 AM

First of all i just wanted to say sorry for the delay in responding to you guys. I have been slammed at work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1006945)
Woah! Thats a pretty massive difference!
I really like the theme but with a 6.5 rom I only start out with 55mb of free space, and after installing resco explorer and your theme I was down to 33mb, cutting me WAY to low.
I also think sprint uses music store tab and maybe a few others.
I wouldnt have thought 10mb more but maybe?
Ill be keeping my eye out to see if you release a lite version.
Thanks again man, awesome work!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the stock sprint is like 13mb. I am definately going to do a lite version using the Alltel stock since it is dramatically smaller. I think it has most of the functionality for most users(minus a few sprint-specific things).

Not sure what to do for the sprint users as far as size(i switched to alltel). The stock manila files i have add up to 13mb or so. If anyone has a smaller version please pass it on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarerootz (Post 1009299)
Really great theme TheShade001!! Loving the colors cause they just happen to be the same ones for the Navy (Go Navy!!). Only having one issue with it. Not sure if it's just my TP but I installed it correctly (turn off TF3D in settings, install cab, etc.) but the people tab won't populate at all. I went back, uninstalled, soft reset, re-installed, etc. but it just won't show anything.

At work right now so I can't up a screener but to describe it better, the people tab is totally blank. The wallpaper is there but the + doesn't show up nor the sidebar or other elements that normally show under a contacts picture. I noticed your screens for the people tabe have the TP HD look to them.

Is that what I'm missing? Is there anything I may be doing incorrect or is there another cab I need to have installed that I overlooked?

Oh and if you're looking for a theme creator for tsk files, this one always worked for me when I had a Mogul.

You shouldn't need to do anything extra in order to get the people page working. I hate to say that i am not sure what is going on there. I will look into it though. I think that happened to me before using someone else's theme. It may be the extra buttons that were added to the people page. Are you using a flashed rom or stock? I will let you know what i turn up.

And thanks for the lead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reissy (Post 1010298)
I really like your work. I hope you continue to make great themes like this. Landscape will be nice to have once your done with it. thanks for the skin man.

Definately adding landscape and some other things i missed. I had hoped to finish it last weekend as well as the Rhodium version. Work has been rediculous so i haven't been able to yet. I am hoping to get it done over this weekend though. I switched back to Rhodium and miss the theme! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 1016271)
I luv this theme!

only negative would be the clock. it's kinda hard to see. a yellow border around the numbers would make it a little easier to see.

But like I said this is a great theme. Bravo

I know what you mean. I was actually wanting a more subtle clock though. I get in moods where i like the louder, more dramatic clocks...then moods where they seem obnoxious and i want to tone it down. Though i didn't make the clock, I actually love it with this theme. I could probably tweak it for ya if you wanted. Thanks for the comments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneimunky (Post 1019320)
Love the theme - yes having same issue with people tab - blank page - not populated.
Using HTC Touch Pro stock rom.

Keep up the good work

Bummer. I will definately see what that is all about. The version i used as a base may have had an altered manila file to get those extra buttons under the pic on the people tab (which you can't see). Not sure at the moment, but i should have an updated version and hopefully a fix for that soon. I am looking forward to moving on and working on another theme.

TheShade001 07-10-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pringlet (Post 1004408)

Thanks
printlet

---More details---
I'm Running Silence ROM (NOT the Mighty / Silence collaboration ROM)

Thanks for the info. That happens to me when i accidently install HTCWeatherMaster(meant for Rhodium) instead of WeatherDatabaseEditor(meant for TF3D1). If you haven't tried adding your city with WeatherDatabaseEditor i would try it. Let me know if you can't get it worked out.

squarerootz 07-10-2009 07:55 PM

Thanks for the reply and welcome back.

I looked at a few other threads and determined that there wasn't anything else I should have installed first. Not sure what the issue is :scratch:and I also noticed I wasn't the only one having this issue as I too am using the stock rom. Just can't seem to grasp the whole flashing/cooking concept so I'd rather not jack up my phone attempting to do so.

I did try using Advanced Config just to see if it was a hidden tab or anything like that. No such luck though. ](*,)

So I used Adv Config to at least hide the Favorites tab and then also used it to change the Home Tabs right softkey to iContact so I can get to my contacts.

Anything you could do to help would be appreciated. Keep us posted please as I'm loving this theme and not looking for a replacement anytime soon

TheShade001 07-11-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarerootz (Post 1028315)
Thanks for the reply and welcome back.

I looked at a few other threads and determined that there wasn't anything else I should have installed first. Not sure what the issue is :scratch:and I also noticed I wasn't the only one having this issue as I too am using the stock rom. Just can't seem to grasp the whole flashing/cooking concept so I'd rather not jack up my phone attempting to do so.

I did try using Advanced Config just to see if it was a hidden tab or anything like that. No such luck though. ](*,)

So I used Adv Config to at least hide the Favorites tab and then also used it to change the Home Tabs right softkey to iContact so I can get to my contacts.

Anything you could do to help would be appreciated. Keep us posted please as I'm loving this theme and not looking for a replacement anytime soon

Well, my hunch is that you are not getting the people tab because your phone may need to be unlocked and flashed with a custom rom. Since i am no longer a Sprint customer i downloaded a, supposed, stock sprint version trusting that it was stock. I think the people tab was altered, though, to give some extra buttons. I seem to remember this "addon" was included in a few themes i cheked out and required a custom flashed rom(versions 2100 and up). For all i know this could be a sprint feature which was ripped out and added to other roms or themes.

Anyway, the good news is that i searched a bit for some alternate "stock" manila files for the sprint stock and htc stock. I was able to find both so i will compare files. Once i play with it I will send you the manila file(s) for the people tab and see if that fixes the problem.

side note: Flashing a custom rom can be overwhelming and intimidating at first. It seems like a bunch of confusing, mind jarring, nonsense that could screw up your phone. Truth is...It's the easiest thing you could do with very little risk of damaging your phone. If you were interested in giving it a shot, i would be glad to help out. It's very worth it. You get a lot of neat perks and cool performnce & customization utilities, made by the chef's, that are hard to live without once you have tasted them. Not to mention you get to take advantage of features from other carriers that would otherwise not be available to you. It's pretty fun when you get into it. Very addictive!

TheShade001 07-21-2009 12:26 AM

Sorry for the delay guys. Work work work. Definately aint complaining with all thats going, but i have been slammed.

Updates coming soon. Thanks for the PMs and support!

powerpower73 07-23-2009 05:45 PM

great theme! thanks man!

popasmurfn25 07-29-2009 06:50 AM

regarding the theme without a cab install "where do i copy the files to on my device"?

jennycasual 07-30-2009 02:53 AM

Hi TheShade001...
I like this BlueThunder v1.0 theme very much because it looks very amazing and i download it from the attachment file you have given.
Your information to install this theme is very useful. You have share a nice theme.