PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   [SPB MS3] Shine Up and Show Off Your Shell! [THEMEz, TWEAKz, WALLPAPERz, WIDGz, ETC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66642)

MrHawaii 04-30-2009 08:36 PM

Re: SPB MS3 Shine Up and Show Off Your Shell! [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirish (Post 886029)
Boodaka,
Here are the cabs to change the fonts. I have used them before and thy work great.

Thanks for helping out. That is exactly how I changed the font. The one you are looking for is in the MarcosHand .cab. The other .cab is for TouchFlo 3D. The MarcosHand .cab does change your whole WinMO system font though.

This is how I edited my Start Text. Copy the file from your
Windows Directory to your Internal Storage/Storage Card, then copy it over to your PC to edit it. From there follow these steps from the Taskbar thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 588794)

Change Start Text

1. Unsign your shellres.dll.0409.mui
2. Open it in one of these three Reshack / PE Explorer / Restoratorand go to string value 321 and change the name from Start to whatever you want.
3. Save your modified file
4. Open MssignerorMultiple file Signer
· click Start sign Process (for MFS follow directions in the link)
· a window will pop-up with "Process finished!"
· You will see a that a text file has been create for your shellres on your desktop
· Open the text file, if you see "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped, Succeeded" you know the file was signed.
5. Transfer the modified file to your SD card
6. Open TC and navigate to the /Windows and rename your old file to "shellres.dll.0409.mui.bak"
7. Move your modified file from your SD card into the /Windows
8. Soft Reset updated 12/09/08

MrHawaii 04-30-2009 08:43 PM

Re: [SPB MS3] Shine Up and Show Off Your Shell! [THEMEz, TWEAKz, WALLPAPERz, WIDGz, E

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipertk8 (Post 887466)
Is there a way to add custom cities to MS3? i would like to add the town i live in MA and my hometown in Greece if possible. I was able to do that with Rhodium weather master but MS3 is new to me.....

Thanks!

TK

I understand how you feel. It does not have the city (or actually town I guess) of Hawaii that I live in either. SPB Weather let's you add cities that can be plugged into Mobile Shell, but you would have to purchase more software. I have not figured out a way to edit the City Database straight from MS3. But you can request that your City be added to SPB themselves and they might edit the Database file for you. I don't know how quick to respond they are though. Here is the link if you want to try.

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19884

HBOOT 04-30-2009 09:08 PM

Re: [SPB MS3] Shine Up and Show Off Your Shell! [THEMEz, TWEAKz, WALLPAPERz, WIDGz, E

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone missed this out, here is how you add TASKMANAGER to the carousel:
Taken from the French site, I just tried it ,it works.

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\
ajouter une nouvelle clé -> :TASKMANAGER
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\:TASKMANAGER\
String name - (Default), String - TaskManager
String name - TaskManager, String - Normal
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\
ajouter une nouvelle clé -> 12
4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\12\
String name - (Default), String - (value not set)
DWORD name - ManageFavs, DWORD Data - 0
String name - Name, String - :TASKMANAGER
String name - Text, String - TaskManager

MrHawaii 04-30-2009 09:10 PM

Wow! Thanks. Link to this post will be added!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 888013)
If anyone missed this out, here is how you add TASKMANAGER to the carousel:
Taken from the French site, I just tried it ,it works.

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\
ajouter une nouvelle clé -> :TASKMANAGER
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\:TASKMANAGER\
String name - (Default), String - TaskManager
String name - TaskManager, String - Normal
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\
ajouter une nouvelle clé -> 12
4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\12\
String name - (Default), String - (value not set)
DWORD name - ManageFavs, DWORD Data - 0
String name - Name, String - :TASKMANAGER
String name - Text, String - TaskManager

HBOOT 04-30-2009 09:18 PM

Mahalo man, Cool man, am glad I can contribute. I have question about having the wallpaper showing in all carousel and life. Will changing wallpaper in life automatically get it to show in all or is that tweak you posted must be done each time(if that is the case, i can forget it for now):headbang:

MrHawaii 04-30-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 888047)
Mahalo man, Cool man, am glad I can contribute. I have question about having the wallpaper showing in all carousel and life. Will changing wallpaper in life automatically get it to show in all or is that tweak you posted must be done each time(if that is the case, i can forget it for now):headbang:

Sorry what I posted I don't think is what you are looking for. It does not change easy like the lifestyle layout and it does not change with the lifestyle layout. You would have to actually do that process each time you want to change the background. That's why I said I am not 100% satisfied with it, but it was a start.

What I am figuring out that is making things harder is that the qa_layouts.dat file seems to be the main file which when unzipped includes a bunch of XML files telling MS3 to do this or to do that.

When we are doing are mods, that file has to be edited to tell MS3 to use the mods we adapted.

The problem is that with this person doing this mod and that person doing that mod, they are each including qa_layouts.dat files to work with their mod but not corresponing for the other mods.

For example, if you install the CAB that gives you the Big Digital Clock from Prof layout it works fine.

But then if you install the CAB that gives you the third MENU button, it replaces the qa_layouts.dat file to included the third button but not the mod for the Big Digital Clock widget. So your Big Digital Clock Widget would dissapear.

What we need is a program or a way that let's us edit the qa_layouts.dat file without actually replacing the file itself.

HBOOT 04-30-2009 10:16 PM

Gotcha man, it is just a matter of time.Thanks

vipertk8 05-01-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHawaii (Post 887964)
I understand how you feel. It does not have the city (or actually town I guess) of Hawaii that I live in either. SPB Weather let's you add cities that can be plugged into Mobile Shell, but you would have to purchase more software. I have not figured out a way to edit the City Database straight from MS3. But you can request that your City be added to SPB themselves and they might edit the Database file for you. I don't know how quick to respond they are though. Here is the link if you want to try.

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19884

Thank you for your prompt response sir!

bikeandestroyx 05-01-2009 01:56 PM

hey does anyone know what the latest build is?
i was reading spb accidently released a newer build than 6144 does anyone have it?!

yearn 05-01-2009 02:10 PM

I havent seen this posted here. This is how to add an Opera Mobile favorites widget-->

HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\Internet\FavoritesOpera

Inactive = 0 will enable
Inactive = 1 will disable/hide