PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM5 .tsk for WM6

Is it possible to run wm5 tsk files on wm6?

ive only got one wm5 tsk to run and it was all black, all the color ones instantly go back to the wm6 task 3d look no matter what color they are

any body got a way to work the wm5 .tsk files properly
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Themes that worked on WM5 should work on WM6. All of mine do.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to and we can see what you mean?

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
well, a picture wont do me much justice

all i can say is that when i try to load a lets say blue wm5 .tsk file, so i can have the flat today taskbar wm5 has, it automatically makes the bars blue, but they look just like the taskbars that wm6 made standard

i really want the flat look that wm5 gives ppl
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Hmmm...not sure how to help you, unless you use a tweaker program like UITweaker or RC Mod to change the appearance of the bars. Also, themes from PPC 2003 make the bars "flat".
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
I know what he is talking about. Instead of the gradient bars, like WM6 will have no matter what theme you load, he wants the old WM5 bars like I did for my iphone theme. It's looks the same for WM5 and WM6 because when I created the theme, I forced it to not make the bar that black to gray to white to gray to black stuff. You want your bars like this right?

See pic attached:

MeGa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhone - Portrait.JPG (90.1 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)eGa View Post
I know what he is talking about. Instead of the gradient bars, like WM6 will have no matter what theme you load, he wants the old WM5 bars like I did for my iphone theme. It's looks the same for WM5 and WM6 because when I created the theme, I forced it to not make the bar that black to gray to white to gray to black stuff. You want your bars like this right?

See pic attached:

MeGa
YES! i want the flat bars! but i do have a black theme already, im tyring to get some with colors, when i tried to load a lets say blue wm5 .tsk, it doesnet appear with the flat wm5 look, it becomes a 3d wm6 skin
Old 09-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
YES! i want the flat bars! but i do have a black theme already, im tyring to get some with colors, when i tried to load a lets say blue wm5 .tsk, it doesnet appear with the flat wm5 look, it becomes a 3d wm6 skin
Upload the skins here and i'll change the bars for you.

MeGa
Old 09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
I'm totally lost when it comes to selecting a theme I want to use. I downloaded a weather theme and installed the .cab files to "My Documents" and it created the folder "Uranus Software". How do I find the .tsk file so I can select a theme under "Today". Also, can I install themes on my memory card and run them from there? Sorry, I'm really lost with installing and using my first theme...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
I'm totally lost when it comes to selecting a theme I want to use. I downloaded a weather theme and installed the .cab files to "My Documents" and it created the folder "Uranus Software". How do I find the .tsk file so I can select a theme under "Today". Also, can I install themes on my memory card and run them from there? Sorry, I'm really lost with installing and using my first theme...
That theme is for the program WeatherPanel. It's from storyr and from the best of my knowledge, there is no .TSK file in his cabs, just icons for WP.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
operators

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Hi all.

I have the opposite problem......

I would like the gradient WM6 bars in this WM5 skin (attached), that have flat bars.

I love this skin in my 750v, because is very dark blue.....and all is truly readable in the screen.

I'd like the gradient bars in blue too, with white bar text, as in original flat skin.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wm_vdarkblue.zip (35.3 KB, 109 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes