PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Pocket PC Themes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Custom Taskbar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514)

vvtc 05-12-2009 11:33 PM

Re: Custom Taskbar

this thread is long and i have no idea how to even begin searching for it

is there a dll somewhere where i can change JUST my "Ev" icon to the "3G" icon like in Juicy's latest ROM?

thanks for any help

kjhadfield 05-12-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvtc (Post 911828)

is there a dll somewhere where i can change JUST my "Ev" icon to the "3G" icon like in Juicy's latest ROM?

thanks for any help

you will have 2 edit the tapres dll. there are 2 ev icons you have to change in this dll. refer to 1st post 4 instruction on how 2 edit the dll

tsowen 05-12-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvtc (Post 911828)

thanks for any help

Did you try to even read it or look at the pictures even in the first post, chances are no right? Check the first post out and look at the pictures you will see one for the tapres.192.dll and you will see the Ev icons in there, this is the dll you can swap them out for whatever you like 3G, G, H or even E. For instructions on extracting, editing, swaping out renaming and all the above it can be found in the first post too!

puff 05-13-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 911802)
Business has been slow in this thread but I am still here, looking to drop an update soon for the taskbar6 and the WM 6.5 version I threw out as well. Some new fresh icons to add to it and some are updated, size corrected etc.. just dropped a couple of bills for the new Photoshop so figure I better get as much use out of it as I can.

enjoy that new photoshop, unfortunately i'm broke so i'm using GIMP :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 911863)
Did you try to even read it or look at the pictures even in the first post, chances are no right? Check the first post out and look at the pictures you will see one for the tapres.192.dll and you will see the Ev icons in there, this is the dll you can swap them out for whatever you like 3G, G, H or even E. For instructions on extracting, editing, swaping out renaming and all the above it can be found in the first post too!

like tsowen said, you can swap the icons to whatever you want, or yuo can just use ROM Extractor and it will let you get that dll from juicy's rom :D

darren.wlsn1 05-13-2009 12:15 AM

im never here anymore but its almost all on page one. great to see all the work by all you guys and gals. great work tsowen and also big thanx to gadget for all his work around here. ill sport some new tb goodies tsowen whenever you drop them. great work guys. just wanted to pop in and say hi.

botuser 05-13-2009 03:46 AM

Can someone create a cab which changes the default 6.1 TB to look like the default 6.5 TB? That's how simple a change I like...

gadgetfreak 05-13-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botuser (Post 912148)
Can someone create a cab which changes the default 6.1 TB to look like the default 6.5 TB? That's how simple a change I like...

What in particular are you wanting? Almost all of the icons are exactly the same.

eiheme22 05-13-2009 12:25 PM

I'm having a problem with my task notifications. As soon as my phone notifies me...the notification disappears. Its no longer in my task bar. When I receive text messages and I dont look at them they'll stay in the notifications of my task bar and I can tend to them later. I didnt have a problem with this until I changed to your taksbar. Is this a known problem? Perhaps there is a registry fix for this. Thanks. If it matters, Im using twowen taskbar 6v3.1

tsowen 05-13-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eiheme22 (Post 912677)
I'm having a problem with my task notifications. As soon as my phone notifies me...the notification disappears. Its no longer in my task bar. When I receive text messages and I dont look at them they'll stay in the notifications of my task bar and I can tend to them later. I didnt have a problem with this until I changed to your taksbar. Is this a known problem? Perhaps there is a registry fix for this. Thanks. If it matters, Im using twowen taskbar 6v3.1

Which taskbar are you running? If it is mine this is the first I have heard/seen this problem also are you running a Custom ROM, could be something within the ROM. If it is my taskbar what version are you running if it is a 6 series try to go to the lite version of it.

tsowen 05-13-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botuser (Post 912148)

As my man gadgetfreak said they are almost the same expect the changes that were forced when going from 6.1 to 6.5, if you haven't done so please visit my 6.5 taskbar thread to read the changes major ones are the taskmanager can be skinned now, ok/close can be skinned, GSM now has colord network bars like us CDMA folks and most everything now is controlled by the shellres verses the phcanOverbmp.dll which basically stands for Phone Canvas Overlay thus the name phcanOverbmp.dll now we have been using the phcanOverbmp.dll for the battery icons and the dialer skin but I have found a work around the battery issue for those who do not want the dialer skin. As far as we know 6.5 does not use the phcanoverbmp.dll or the CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll although some chefs are cooking it with WM 6.5 since it will read it but it does cause a little conflict but this can and has been solved. Like I said visit the 6.5 taskbar thread for more reading.