PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking How To: Change Start Menu Text, Dummied Down

I Take No Credit For This!!!!
Lubbad85 over on XDA came up with this im just adding a few things to it to make it a little simpler for ppl lke me who dont know much lol...

All the files you need are found here---->>>> ORIGINAL THREAD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458903
  1. Install SDcerts.cab. Makes this process easier.
  2. Place RomExtractor.exe on your SD Card.
  3. Run RomExtractor.exe and enter path "\windows\shellres.dll.0409.mui" in the first box.
  4. enter "\storage card\shellres.dll.0409.mui" in the "save to:" box
  5. Transfer shellres.dll.0409.mui from your SD Card to your Desktop using ActiveSync
  6. Unsign the file by draging it over UnSigner.exe
  7. Drag and Drop the file over ResHack.exe and navigate to string table "321"
  8. Click on 1033.
  9. Change The "Start" text to whatever you want.
  10. then make sure to click on 321 to close it again so that a pop up box comes and asks you if you want to "compile" it again. Check YES.
  11. Open MsSigner.exe and navigate to your new file.
  12. resign the file. A txt file will be created and should say: "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped. Succeeded."
  13. Turn Off TF3D by going to settings\today unchecking touchflo
  14. Place the new shellres.dll.0409.mui onto your SD Card
  15. Using TotalCommander navigate to your Sd Card and click on Shellres.dll.0409.mui and copy to clipboard.
  16. Navigate to the Windows directory and click on the shellres.dll.0409.mui and click paste here.
  17. Soft-rest. and youre done!!!!
screenshot using spbscreenshot

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: How To: Change Start Menu Text, Dummied Down

all 0f this is in the custom taskbar thread and belongs there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
all 0f this is in the custom taskbar thread and belongs there.
ok ill paste it over there...i saw what you put in there but im a dummy so i needed all the steps lol...thanks...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Looks like it got posted in the correct spot...so I'm gonna close this one down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes