PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hero or Moment?

Which one you going for and why?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Hero or Moment?

Hero!!!
1. All touch phone
2. Not a "with Google" phone
3. Sense UI/made by HTC
Old 10-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

interesting that Sense came up. at this point that's all the Hero has to offer against the Moment but I'm wondering if it would be possible to port Sense to the Moment like we would do a ROM flash

anyway, my vote and for now my plan is to get the Hero because of Sense however, that keyboard and extra horsepower under the hood may be enough to sway me, especially if we can port Sense

also a huge conflict, the price is the same. so if sense can be ported why would anyone bother with the hero

Last edited by jbearamus; 10-07-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Samsung, AMOLED screen; thinner, uses less power, clearer, crisper, brighter, better viewing angels, 24bit color. 800Mhz CPU, smoother Os/GUI, playback and browsing. Keyboard.

Now, is AMOLED multitouch?
Old 10-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Samsung, AMOLED screen; thinner, uses less power, clearer, crisper, brighter, better viewing angels, 24bit color. 800Mhz CPU, smoother Os/GUI, playback and browsing. Keyboard.

Now, is AMOLED multitouch?
AMOLED refers to the display type much as we're comparing Plasma, LCD, and CRT. what is determining multi-touch is capacitive vs. resistive which is more the underlying technology that is the interpreter of the interaction with the screen. so while i'm not 100% sure, i know, i sound pretty convincing huh, i don't see any reason why we can't have a capacitive amoled display. but i don't know if the Moment will have it or not, although I would assume it would.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jah8551 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
AMOLED refers to the display type much as we're comparing Plasma, LCD, and CRT. what is determining multi-touch is capacitive vs. resistive which is more the underlying technology that is the interpreter of the interaction with the screen. so while i'm not 100% sure, i know, i sound pretty convincing huh, i don't see any reason why we can't have a capacitive amoled display. but i don't know if the Moment will have it or not, although I would assume it would.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i heard it wasn't a multitouch display.

Im going with the hero because of looks, the samsung just looks cheap to me, i also dont really care too much about having the keyboard since the hero has a nice onscreen one

Last edited by jah8551; 10-08-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah8551 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i heard it wasn't a multitouch display.

Im going with the hero because of looks, the samsung just looks cheap to me, i also dont really care too much about having the keyboard since the hero has a nice onscreen one
i hadn't heard one way or the other, like i stated above, i was just assuming that it would be, samsung would have a hard time selling an android phone that didn't have multi though
Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

What I've been reading, it does not have multitouch.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
it does not have multitouch.
thats kinda pathetic actually
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

crashjack is keeping up the good workcrashjack is keeping up the good work

I have no idea if the moment will have multitouch or not, though even if it does have a capacitive touchscreen won't mean its multitouch, just look at the G1 and myTouch. But HTC caused that, samsung may unlock that ability on theirs. Prolly gonna have to wait til Nov 1 to know for sure. I'm def goin with the hero, the processor may be slower, but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't effect the phones performance.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison