PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Android Vs TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92245)

aprillia99 10-23-2009 10:22 PM

Android Vs TP2

What is the main difference between the two, like what are the pro and cons of them i have the touch pro, and im thinking of upgrading but nor sure if to the hero or TP2. From what i've heard u can do alot more with the android platform, but is it still windows based, im kinda clueless when it comes to this. any advice would be appreciated Thanks :)

Young_breedent 10-23-2009 10:26 PM

Re: Android Vs TP2

the time it will take u to read the post of people giving you their opinions on the phones, you could go to google and find this information out yourself. Not trying to be disrespectful bet yet insightful. :)

aprillia99 10-23-2009 10:28 PM

thank u and that google link is freakin sweet!

pimpsuprazx 10-23-2009 11:04 PM

googles a beast

GrandMasterB 10-23-2009 11:20 PM

Its freaking hilarious because the number 2 link within that google link is this thread. LOL!

mikenerd 10-24-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandMasterB (Post 1259586)
Its freaking hilarious because the number 2 link within that google link is this thread. LOL!

I noticed that too! har har

butler360 10-24-2009 12:55 AM

Actually, I've been wondering the same myself recently. And I did do a bit of searching around. Most people comparing the two seem to have knowledge of Windows Mobile that dates back to 2004 or only second-hand knowledge. "Windows Mobile is slow and you have to reset the phone every day!" is a pretty common "comparison" made between WinMo and Android. Or "WinMo lags behind all current OSes." Which is so general it's hard to believe.

I almost feel like the only two things tarnishing WinMo's reputation are 1) Sometimes not a beautiful interface 2) Older devices crippled by, say, Verizon or just really early version of WinMo that were crash-prone.

xr7kid 10-24-2009 01:27 AM

I just learning about an office program for Android that can edit MS Office documents, so now it seems Android can do everything Windows can do, and be a lot more customizable. I'm hoping the new Droid comes to Sprint, I'll happily sell my TP2 for that.

butler360 10-24-2009 01:48 AM

So that's it? An Office program for Android is the silver bullet? Now that there's this one program that can edit Office documents, Android has finally leapfrogged Windows Mobile? Wow, you would think they'd have gotten on that quicker if that's the case.

xr7kid 10-24-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butler360 (Post 1259963)
So that's it? An Office program for Android is the silver bullet? Now that there's this one program that can edit Office documents, Android has finally leapfrogged Windows Mobile? Wow, you would think they'd have gotten on that quicker if that's the case.

I don't see what else WM can do now that Android can't?