PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

battlemac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eris vs Imagio

So, I am looking to get a new phone in the coming month and it has come down to the Eris and the Imagio. Both of which are going for 100(at least from what I see in the commercials), so price is not a factor.
What is a factor to me is the screen(everything about the screen except for screen size, which isn't a factor), on screen keyboard, and responsiveness of the screen? Which has the better call quality, audio/speaker quality, durability, and battery life? Which one of these is better/averaged out better in these categories? In the end which will be the faster, more enjoyable device?

I understand OS plays a factors, but I am really open to both OSes. I have a WM 6.1 Samsung i760 right now so I am fine with WM, but Android is the new kid on the block and kind of interested in trying it out. Most of the software I use on WM aren't too key besides Office Mobile and Opera Mobile/Mini which should have suitable replacements for on Android. But, I do like how WM is kind of like a full OS in usage/feel(i.e. registry and stuff of that sort). Does Android offer a similar feel? I wasn't that fond of TF3D but that Sense interface the HD2 has does make it look more pleasurable. So, how does the Droid Sense UI compare?

My upgrade date is about a 2 weeks away and the HTC Dragon comes out in a few weeks. I hear it should be going for $150, any one think I should wait and see what that brings and go for it?

Thank you.

Last edited by battlemac; 11-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Eris vs Imagio

I would wait for the Dragon as it's the Leo's twin. Gotta love the ability to have a capacitive screen at 4.3 inches.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

battlemac is a n00b

I thought the Dragon was going to be 3.8in? I like the specs but from the pics the Dragon look imo a bit ugly. Now if it came in deep gray, or the black of Eris that maybe improve the looks a bit. But, this is all assumptions, so between the Eris and Imagio, which would suit my requirements better?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

battlemac is a n00b

Anyone else want to chirp in with their comments?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

battlemac is a n00b

So, I keep thinking that I like WM as I am use to using it and some things seem easier to do, but the Eris seems like its more responsive, and better to use. Not to mention I hear the on screen keyboard is better.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlemac View Post
Anyone else want to chirp in with their comments?
Well, since the primary use of my phone is for music, I'd go for... neither! (Gotta have good hardware 5-way button for making adjustments while driving without taking eyes off road.) Okay, got that off my chest. Now for something you might want to consider: Imagio comes with about the latest WinMo v6.5, versus Eris running Android v1.5 - one of the first Google OSs. There's been v1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 is in the works. You know you can flash WM upgrades, but what about Android?

Hope this is helpful, MrG
Old 11-14-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

battlemac is a n00b

Well isn't the rumor that HTC will be giving the Eris 2.0? Also I thought I read somewhere a few users saw in store that the Eris was running 1.6 while the one they got only had 1.5. But, newness of the OS isn't going to that big of a factor to me. Hell I am pretty content with WM6.1.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison