PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Speed_419 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC-6800 vs XV-6800.

Verizon has done it again. They take a perfectly good phone, drag out the release date (compared to Sprint) and this time it seems that they have made HTC modify the ergonomics of the phone as well. Has anyone compared the two phones to see if there are advantages or disadvantages to the Verizon version? I know that the blue color of the phone made it look gay as hell, but if the button operation is better I could live with it. Anyone have any insite?

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: PPC-6800 vs XV-6800.

your avatar says it all dude....

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

LMAO nautica...

Looking at the picture on Verizon's web site, I first have to say that I agree with the gay blue comment, that is horrible! It looks like they made the buttons at the bottom bigger and that may make it kind of cool to use, but it also looks like the d-pad was replaced with an eraser-head knob, like IBM uses on their Thinkpad laptops. I personally hate those so that would immediately turn me off. All the other stuff looks pretty much on par with our Sprint version.

But it's blue man.... j/k
Old 03-21-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800, TP2
Carrier: VZW

Pasukun is a n00b

I actually like it better than sprint model's color and the look.

I guess.. it has lot to do with the blue color being my favorite color. (Same reason why I like PPCGeek.com better than XDAforum )
Blue is more pleasing to my eyes.

The metallic blue color casing of the Verizon's 6800 makes it look more professional to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Pasukun; 03-21-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_419 View Post
Verizon has done it again. They take a perfectly good phone, drag out the release date (compared to Sprint) and this time it seems that they have made HTC modify the ergonomics of the phoneAnyone have any insite?

Nah, this is actually the very 1st shell of the 6800 LOL, I just learn this myself in recent weeks. Telus Canada has this shell as well & they were the very 1st teleco to get the 6800.

What Sprint has, ironically is the newer (Mogul) shell of the 6800. As does Alltel.
Which make it even more puzzling as to why VZW did not go with the newer shell...

See my old thread here verizon should've went with Alltel's shell & color & offer the updates us Sprint users have but VZW didn't even hint at offering Rev A or GPS.
vx6800= retro-blah...
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Since when is Blue, "gay" ??? what the heck is wrong with you guys? what's really gay is you guys nit-picking about the color of a great phone...Now I will admit the new Verizon Touch/xv6900 in white is pretty effin gay...I suppose PPC Geeks is Gay as hell too cuz their fourm is Blue....Please go buy the sprint version and deal with their customer service Good Luck buddy...
Old 03-21-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

The color, isn't really bad in person, its the overall look is whats crappy, Telus has that same version...

You have to admit Sprint's & Alltel's are far better looking, Alltel's black version is awesome IMHO, I wish Sprint's was black.

Hell I though Verizon was going to get something like Alltel's version but sadly, the vxFugly-800 is whats for sale.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I played with VZ Titan at my local VZ booth. First thing i noticed is the gay faded blue color.Second was it also was 24 megs of ram available at startup. I though VZ was going to have 96 megs instead of 64. So in a nutshell, it looks terrible and performs terrible just like the Mogul. IMO ofcourse.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well to each his own, the sprint version isn't ugly just boring...if the color of verizon version were red, or brown or some crap like that, I would agree with ur opinion, black would be a cool color to have, I prefer the buttons on my verizon version...and the color never bothered me, it could worse....like Grey with a yellow home screen....lol...and that uni-brow button at the top...anyway don't let something petty like color deter you from buying a good phone, that sounds almost racist...

the two phones perform almost exactly alike with all the good and the bad...but if the color of ur phone is what defines you by all means go with grey...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

for those who are offended by the 'gay' remark... you're right we were out of line for calling it that.

in all fairness its not gay at all... just very very very flamboyantly metrosexual........ carry on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison