PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pre vs htc hero

im torn between getting one of these two phones come novmeber when i have the option to upgrade my phone through sprint. which do you guys think is better and why?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: pre vs htc hero

after doing some research it looks like ill be going with the pre for now.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

hero, just dont like the look of the pre.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:03 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

from what im hearing the pre is much faster and im sure by november the market apps will grow and we will be able to customize it more. hero looks nice but i hear it runs super slow, i don't want that.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm also torn by this, but I might stick with my pre cuz it has a faster cpu (almost identical to the 3gs) and the cards multitasking can't be beat. The hero has a awesome ui but the processor is a turnoff for me and I'm not too crazy about the look of the hardware (maybe a magic with a hero rom would be better)

Although the pre sdk is garbage atm and this worries me cuz I was looking forward to quality gfx rich apps and games like the iphone to make use of the cpu, but palm has to give deeper access and enable openGL or the apps will suck and I will defenetly go android if this happens before the years end
Old 08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im not sold on WebOS yet. Lack of MMS capability kinda sucks too.

Im very intrigued by Android, however, before jumping on a Sprint Android phone, I want to wait for something with newer hardware. From what I have read it looks like the Hero has the same hardware as the G1.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mbell75 is just getting started

My problem as well. I am also considering the TP 2. About the Hero being slow....there is still half a year before its released here. The TP looked really slow before it was released here as well.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

The build quality issues have kept me away from the Pre.

I have some concern about the Hero hardware. I constantly hear about "lag" and it being slow. All the youtube vids I've seen though make it look impressive. Even when they say: "See that lag there..." I have to rewind to catch it.

There is also the slight chance the Hero may get a hardware upgrade but this doesn't sound likely to me.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:56 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
The build quality issues have kept me away from the Pre.

I have some concern about the Hero hardware. I constantly hear about "lag" and it being slow. All the youtube vids I've seen though make it look impressive. Even when they say: "See that lag there..." I have to rewind to catch it.

LOL because we're (WinMo users) used to what those reviewers (i.e iPhone users) consider "lag", launching an app on windows mobile would be considered lag looking at those vids. Launching Opera would be lag hell to them; to us, not so much.

So when they blab about lag, I don't think it going to be anything I'm not used to already. I'll still buy it.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
My problem as well. I am also considering the TP 2. About the Hero being slow....there is still half a year before its released here. The TP looked really slow before it was released here as well.

Im not talking about it being slow, Im talking about it being on G1 hardware, where the Palm Pre and Iphone 3GS both have faster/better processors, and as much or more memory.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison