PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

millsb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation I have left the titan for good

So i have had the Diamond touch pro for about 2hrs. and i am compelled to share the news. We all know how much we love the titan, but there have been many reported problems. I have gone through numerous titans and have finally got fed up with the B.S. I called sprint last night because i had noticed the titan wasn't on the sprint site any longer. I had asked about replacing the pda due to numerous problems and refurb replacements....she basically told me to pack sand. She swore up and down she could get me a killer deal on a upgrade, that was a waste up time. So today after work i went to my local sprint store and told them my problem, they knew me by first name. They informed me that the titan was on back order with crappy *** Ausirion(insurance) and that it would be a while. They refered me to the local sprint tech/sales center, after about five mins of explaining the sales tech, said he would upgrade me for free!!!! Well i love the Diamond touch pro and will never look back.
THE STORE I WENT TO WAS IN HAMPTON VA, BY COLLISEUM MALL!!
Thanks,
Millsb
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

plagueboy is a n00b
Re: I have left the titan for good

I think you'll miss your mogul.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Not on Sprint he wont. Sprints version of the 6850 is better than VZW. I would go for it on Sprint but not on VZW and I have VZW. But Millsb you need to add your carrier or model to your profile so it will display in your posts so if you ever have any issue we can help faster without having to ask for that info. Good score on the TP BTW.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, +1 for plagueboy. your gonna miss it. just give it time.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I got a friend of mine that got a TP cause it was shiny and cool looking...too bad he doesnt know how to use it, I will be helping him back into his razor soon. Now whatever will he do with the TP?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I wish I had could leave the Titan. Sadly it's the best phone Verizon has. The most anoying thing is there is not enough RAM. I can't even play my music and run Skyfire. Pure non-snese. And it's made so cheap, and it isn't very responsive.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul or Titan

dogw/mogul is a n00b

Same here dudes, there's to much threads about guys getting the HTC Touch Pro. I can't wait 'till the HTC Touch HD comes out- then my Dad will bye it and I'll get his HTC TP YIPPEEE!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

millsb is a n00b
Wink Re: I have left the titan for good

I had the titan for for about three years and just got fed up.... why am i going to waste time flashing roms and editing the Reg, to get it to run correctly. I tried it all from cooking roms to software upgrades and down grades.....and that ram!! got to love the ram, it has the crappiest ram out of any pda.... i finally found a phone that runs Wm 6.1 and a ton of other programs with very little ram shut dows or lock ups. Oh by the way goole touch pro for Verizon.....you wont be disapionted
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

plagueboy is a n00b

As phone junkie said, if I could open my Mogul/Titan and upgrade the RAM, it'd be the perfect phone. The RAM is my only complaint now that I have a decent interface on here and a browser that lets me actually see the web how it was meant to be seen.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

iamjfarrell is a n00b

I left the titan for a bb pearl. I don't miss the freezing, slow and brick of a phone titan one bit.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison