PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nization is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Moving from Mogul to either 800w or Touch

My dilemma: I have the Sprint Mogul and it's fine and all...except the awful lack of memory. So I am looking at either the Touch or the Treo 800w.

I understand the Touch is great and better than the Mogul in every way with the exception of it's lack of physical keyboard. I'm sure I could get used to this and live with it...but then I looked at the Treo 800w.

The Treo is nice for the keyboard, even if it is awkward compared to the Mogul's keyboard. Again, I'm sure I can get used to it however. This one's first fall back to me seems to be the smaller screen though.

Does anyone here have any suggestions one way or the other? One big thing is that I do like to be able to play with third party apps and such. GPS access is a must (I believe these two are fine in that area) and tethering without the PAM plan is wonderful.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Moving from Mogul to either 800w or Touch

having had both the 6700 and 6800, the price is right on the 6900. that being said, if you can't wait for touch pro or diamond, the 800w is tempting.

if you want WIFI - touch pro or treo 800w
if you want IRDA - looks like the 800w might be alone in the 2008 family

I've decided I'm now in the market for a treo 800w... (edit heard they aren't very durable. maybe not)

Edit: just noticed that's your first post. welcome!

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-23-2008 at 05:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

nization is a n00b

Thank you. Actually, I only have another week to decide if I am to do this within the 30 day window. I intend to call them today to discuss my issues with this phone and the others available. I doubt they will be able to do anything for me on the Touch Pro however.... That now looks to be what I am after. It's just not available yet!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i thought i wouldnt like the touch's keyboard but after getting used to it (im sad to say) im starting to like the touch more than my mogul. IMO the treo800 doesnt have anything that would pull me from the touch

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison