PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
There is nothing wrong with using a fake name, but when your suppose to be a credible source for a reputable news site, using your real name should be a privilege. (unless of course your sharing secret information)

So that means either that site isn't very credible or that source isn't very credible.
@gTen probably the source, where's a source that proves otherwise? Its whatever,I don't really care tho as HSPA(+) is meeting my needs right now (unlike EvDO).
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@gTen probably the source, where's a source that proves otherwise?
A quick google:

IEEE Xplore - Sign In

I can find you more if you wish.

Quote:
Its whatever,I don't really care tho as HSPA(+) is meeting my needs right now (unlike EvDO).
I am not going to argue there as its obvious...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
A quick google:

IEEE Xplore - Sign In

I can find you more if you wish.

I am not going to argue there as its obvious...
gTen, that looked like hsdpa vs lte, not hspa+, or did I miss something?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Yea that was release 8 or HSPA 7.2, T-Mobile HSPA+ is category 42.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
gTen, that looked like hsdpa vs lte, not hspa+, or did I miss something?
Its kind of same thing really...

Quote:
HSPA is the terminology used to refer to HSDPA (3GPP Release 5) and HSUPA (3GPP Release 6)
Quote:
HSPA+ (HSPA Plus) (Evolved HSPA) (Release 7 and 8 )
This is also known as Evolved HSPA which is the 3GPP release 7 and release8 for mobile broadband networks.
Difference Between HSPA and HSPA+ Network Technology | Difference Between

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Yea that was release 8 or HSPA 7.2, T-Mobile HSPA+ is category 42.
42mbps is category 24..I don't know how you manage category 42 out of 36 max atm.

Last edited by gTen; 03-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:41 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

also, fyi, I did a speed test yesterday while not getting great reception inside a building and got 20 down and 10 up, so I can try again outside on a clear day and see.

Lots of people in Houston getting over 40 easy, lol.

Never seen speeds like that on TMobile.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
also, fyi, I did a speed test yesterday while not getting great reception inside a building and got 20 down and 10 up, so I can try again outside on a clear day and see.

Lots of people in Houston getting over 40 easy, lol.

Never seen speeds like that on TMobile.
That's remarkable. I have to think that will go down once the network is bogged down with more 4g enabled devices. But I still see people posting 25-30 down with Verizon today so I guess anything is possible. I only get 8/9 down on average here with Verizon lte. I guess I shouldn't complain. lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
That's remarkable. I have to think that will go down once the network is bogged down with more 4g enabled devices. But I still see people posting 25-30 down with Verizon today so I guess anything is possible. I only get 8/9 down on average here with Verizon lte. I guess I shouldn't complain. lol.
8-9 is more than you really need honestly, I like getting 20-30 but I mean it's not like I'm downloading 3 gig files on my freaking phone.

hopefully the iPhone 5 won't be LTE enabled
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
8-9 is more than you really need honestly, I like getting 20-30 but I mean it's not like I'm downloading 3 gig files on my freaking phone.

hopefully the iPhone 5 won't be LTE enabled
agreed on both. I think I will be jumping to the dark side if that happens. lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
agreed on both. I think I will be jumping to the dark side if that happens. lol.
where? The Sprint iPhone 5 will probably have LTE too, only tmobile may not not have one, lol.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison