PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   what phone do you currently own? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149093)

prbiztechmobi 03-03-2012 01:39 AM

Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2171393)
I think he was saying tmobile hasn't done anything with regards LTE, we already know they've rolled out HSPA+.

Hmm, he was saying Tmobile has not done anything with regards LTE and he is right I have faced this problem.

gTen 03-04-2012 02:33 AM

I was away on a btrip for a week, if you want me to comment your gonna have to provide sources. It is impossible for HSPA+ to be more spectrum efficient the LTE, Googling around for news on tmo news all I found is this which seems to back my point:

Verizon Says They Use Spectrum Twice As Efficiently As T-Mobile

On the other topic, in 2013 all carriers are going LTE-Advanced from the looks of it.

austin420 03-04-2012 03:14 AM

real talk

eric12341 03-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171351)
I know VZ has no HSPA+ I was talking about their LTe. HSPA+ is apparently more spectrum efficient than LTe release 8 which is what AT$T and VZ are both rolling out. Actually read my post this time. T-mo plans to roll out release 10 of LTe. and u wanted a source, here it is

link

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2171583)
I was away on a btrip for a week, if you want me to comment your gonna have to provide sources. It is impossible for HSPA+ to be more spectrum efficient the LTE, Googling around for news on tmo news all I found is this which seems to back my point:

Verizon Says They Use Spectrum Twice As Efficiently As T-Mobile

On the other topic, in 2013 all carriers are going LTE-Advanced from the looks of it.

@gTen my quote above is the source,along with the link.

gTen 03-04-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171634)
@gTen my quote above is the source,along with the link.

All that its saying is T-Mobile plans to go LTE Release 10. Nothing about HSPA+ being more spectrum efficient.

And again, yes while everyone is on LTE Release 8 now, by the time t-mobile starts deploying LTE Release 10 everyone will be deploying LTE-Advanced.

eric12341 03-05-2012 02:54 AM

@gTen it says it at the very bottom of that article, see:

Quote:

Editors Note: Just to clarify for everyone who may ask, T-Mobile’s original LTE rollout will be theoretically capable of 72Mbps. The ability to software update the network to LTE 10 allows for T-Mobile to easily upgrade their network to much faster speeds with more backhaul. LTE 10 has a theoretical max of 150Mbps. For what it’s worth, our main spectrum guru Conan Kudo tells me that HSPA+ is really more network efficient than LTE up until release 10.

gTen 03-05-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171691)
@gTen it says it at the very bottom of that article, see:

I missed that, personally I'll say this. Who would you trust more on this, official press release from verizon, intel whitepapers and every single research ever done. or some random guy named "Conan Kudo" (which is a fake name) on the internet?

HSPA+ 42mbps spectrum efficiency is still behind LTE Release 8. Not to mention LTE has other advantages such as faster access time and if deployed in the 700mhz band you have a HUGE advantage in building penetration.

orangekid 03-05-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2171698)
I missed that, personally I'll say this. Who would you trust more on this, official press release from verizon, intel whitepapers and every single research ever done. or some random guy named "Conan Kudo" (which is a fake name) on the internet?

lol .

eric12341 03-06-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2171698)

HSPA+ 42mbps spectrum efficiency is still behind LTE Release 8. Not to mention LTE has other advantages such as faster access time and if deployed in the 700mhz band you have a HUGE advantage in building penetration.

@gTen maybe that's not his real name. I'm a sociology major and I know that if we interview or mention people we know we have to use a fake name.

gTen 03-06-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171795)
@gTen maybe that's not his real name. I'm a sociology major and I know that if we interview or mention people we know we have to use a fake name.

There is nothing wrong with using a fake name, but when your suppose to be a credible source for a reputable news site, using your real name should be a privilege. (unless of course your sharing secret information)

So that means either that site isn't very credible or that source isn't very credible.