PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   what phone do you currently own? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149093)

fixxxer2012 02-11-2012 05:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

As the title says what phone do you own or what do you plan to get?

I have a thunderbolt currently but am picking up a droid razr maxx by months end!

Tinkerbell 02-11-2012 05:20 PM

Re: what phone do you currently own?

Sprint Touch Pro 2 on Verizon... but I am planning on keeping it. I don't like change, what can I say.

http://www.callcentrehelper.com/imag...ty-change1.jpg

Karl 02-11-2012 05:44 PM

own 3 Evo 3ds

fixxxer2012 02-11-2012 05:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl
own 3 Evo 3ds

3 huh?

Karl 02-11-2012 06:18 PM

family plan

demonlordoftheround 02-11-2012 08:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sprint Epic 4G Touch. So damn thin!

fixxxer2012 02-11-2012 08:35 PM

I know when the quad cores running ice cream come later this year ill buy again. I spend too much money on phones!

eric12341 02-11-2012 11:11 PM

HTC HD7, plan to get either the rumored HTC Titan or Nokia lumia 900 for T-mobile or maybe even a WP8 device.

gTen 02-12-2012 04:38 AM

I currently personally have on my lines a Droid Charge, Epic 4g and a Touch Pro2.

Then others in the family have an Intercept, Mogul, Replenish and another phone I will never mention by name >.>

At home I got a few others lying in working condition around like Apache and pixi. (out of smartphones, have a few dumb phones)

I am waiting on the best phone in the universe that will have a keyboard and a quad core processor. Oh and obviously LTE.

eric12341 02-12-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2168431)
I currently personally have on my lines a Droid Charge, Epic 4g and a Touch Pro2.

Then others in the family have an Intercept, Mogul, Replenish and another phone I will never mention by name >.>

At home I got a few others lying in working condition around like Apache and pixi. (out of smartphones, have a few dumb phones)

I am waiting on the best phone in the universe that will have a keyboard and a quad core processor. Oh and obviously LTE.

@gTen looks like u'll be waiting forever for that phone as it seems that OEMS no longer have an interest in keyboard phones, at least not on the high end side, there may still be some on the low end.

Riley 02-12-2012 07:44 PM

HTC Rezound for now and like it alot. I don't plan on getting anything else this year and will probably keep it for the full 2 years unless something comes out that is much better and fully supported. Meaning for example, quad core device but no sense in getting it if the apps or os dont support it when its released.

orangekid 02-16-2012 05:42 PM

Looks like in 3 days I'll be picking up an AT&T Galaxy Note :)

eric12341 02-16-2012 07:39 PM

@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?

rainfreak 02-17-2012 03:20 AM

Maybe he's a masochist.

orangekid 02-17-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169201)
@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?

@eric12341

Because my city gets INSANE LTE coverage. There is no AWS Galaxy Note and Tmobile is just getting behind the times. I can get "actual" 4G on ATT with the sickest phone ever (I'm a big screen guy) and I can use all those international phones too if I want. tmobile has no galaxy nexus, no Note, and no iPhone...

eric12341 02-17-2012 02:36 PM

@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.

orangekid 02-17-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169364)
@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.

I have an iPhone 2G, so I can "loophole" unlimited data, also I wouldn't use more than 5GB a month anyways, but when I do, I want it fast.

LTE is A LOT faster than HSPA+ (which the note also supports, btw) and I'll probably average a realistic 12mb down anywhere in this huge city. I never get speeds like that on tmobile "4G"

Can you link me to T-Mobile getting a galaxy Nexus?

eric12341 02-17-2012 05:10 PM

@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.

orangekid 02-17-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169407)
@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.

I don't know about getting 14mbps down on any tmobile phone. I saw the tony hawk thing but that could mean anything honestly. I know that I live in a very good tmobile "4G" area and never get anywhere near 14mbps down, closer to 2 or 4 maybe, even on the mt4g, HD2, MT4Gslide, or any of the other thousands of tmobile phones I've owned.

edit:

plus it's a freaking 5.3" screen dude, I can't pass that up.

eric12341 02-17-2012 08:18 PM

Like i said u must be in an area with alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them. Likewise 2-4mpbs is still very good to do all streaming activities that one would ever want to do. 5.3" or not I still don't think it's worth selling ur soul to the devil tho. I also had the chance to goto AT$T and get the titan but I chose not to.

orangekid 02-17-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169433)
Like i said u must be in an area with alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them. Likewise 2-4mpbs is still very good to do all streaming activities that one would ever want to do. 5.3" or not I still don't think it's worth selling ur soul to the devil tho. I also had the chance to goto AT$T and get the titan but I chose not to.

I live in the 4th largest city in the country. The point is, tmobile cannot satisfy my data needs. I don't see how getting added to a family plan and paying less than I do at tmobile for a better phone with faster data is "selling my soul to the devil"

If there are " alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them" then tmobile needs to step up, because there are 7 million people in this city, and they have 4 networks to choose from. Plus every time an awesome phone comes out in europe or somewhere the AWS version is like twice as expensive.

I get that you like tmobile more than every other network, that's just not objectively true at all, and other networks have more perks. Sprint doesn't throttle or cap data, Verizon has better service and faster data, ATT has faster data and an iPhone and now the Note.

gTen 02-17-2012 08:56 PM

The disadvantage HSPA+ has on LTE is HSPA+ is not very spectrum efficient so it gets effected a lot worse with more customers.

eric12341 02-17-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2169437)
I live in the 4th largest city in the country. The point is, tmobile cannot satisfy my data needs. I don't see how getting added to a family plan and paying less than I do at tmobile for a better phone with faster data is "selling my soul to the devil"

If there are " alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them" then tmobile needs to step up, because there are 7 million people in this city, and they have 4 networks to choose from. Plus every time an awesome phone comes out in europe or somewhere the AWS version is like twice as expensive.

I get that you like tmobile more than every other network, that's just not objectively true at all, and other networks have more perks. Sprint doesn't throttle or cap data, Verizon has better service and faster data, ATT has faster data and an iPhone and now the Note.

@orangekid
I don't like t-mobile over every other network but I do like great service,with value and clear cut terms to go along with it. A couple of years ago at this time I felt the same about sprint but their service had became very unusable which is my reason for leaving. according to the PCMag test done in summer 2011 T-mobile came in 2nd place for fastest network only being bested by VZ LTe and even matching that in some places. Well since u are getting onto a family plan u aren't directly selling ur soul to the devil (I say this becausetheir headquarters in TN is shaped like a pitchfork).
Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2169438)
The disadvantage HSPA+ has on LTE is HSPA+ is not very spectrum efficient so it gets effected a lot worse with more customers.

@gTen LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.

gTen 02-17-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.
um, and? all I said was LTE is much more spectrum efficient then HSPA+. That doesn't mean that its immune to capacity issues on the spectrum side and on the bandwidth infrastructure side.

That said I was in vegas when CES was there and Verizon LTE was perfectly fine.

eric12341 02-18-2012 10:28 PM

@gTen They shouldn't cap it then if it's more spectrum efficient, as the reason for these caps is to preserve bandwidth /spectrum.

Karl 02-18-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169445)
@orangekid
I don't like t-mobile over every other network but I do like great service,with value and clear cut terms to go along with it. A couple of years ago at this time I felt the same about sprint but their service had became very unusable which is my reason for leaving. according to the PCMag test done in summer 2011 T-mobile came in 2nd place for fastest network only being bested by VZ LTe and even matching that in some places. Well since u are getting onto a family plan u aren't directly selling ur soul to the devil (I say this becausetheir headquarters in TN is shaped like a pitchfork).

@gTen LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.

you reading from a script cuz you never deviate from that statement #-o

eric12341 02-19-2012 12:08 AM

Nope,not reading from a script.

gullzway 02-19-2012 12:41 AM

Back on topic, I'm using a Galaxy SII(Epic Touch.) Still amazed at how fast and stable it is, hands down the best phone i've had the pleasure of using.
Don't see myself upgrading anytime soon!

orangekid 02-20-2012 10:46 AM

I'm gettin the Note today :)

reaper24 02-29-2012 07:49 PM

Evo 3D Sprint CDMA so far best thing out at the moment root wise among roms :D

eric12341 03-01-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2169734)
I'm gettin the Note today :)

@orangekid how do u like it? what are ur speeds

orangekid 03-01-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171214)
@orangekid how do u like it? what are ur speeds

I love this phone!

5.3" screen with insane resolution on super amoled plus, this phone is awesome as hell!

I haven't run an LTE speed test yet, but I can run one later today and let you know. I know a lot of people are getting 45-59 down, hopefully I get that speed :)

eric12341 03-01-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2171216)
I love this phone!

5.3" screen with insane resolution on super amoled plus, this phone is awesome as hell!

I haven't run an LTE speed test yet, but I can run one later today and let you know. I know a lot of people are getting 45-59 down, hopefully I get that speed :)

@orangekid make sure u do an HSPA+ speed test too. I'm totally sure AT$Ts HSPA+ is slower than T-mobile's because theirs is only category 14 while T-mo is category 42. My next phone is going to be a WP8 that will work on T-mobile's upcoming LTe network but I'll be fine with HSPA+ as their implementation of it is more spectrum efficient than AT$T and VZs implementation of it according to what I read on tmonews. Wonder what @gTen will say about that.

austin420 03-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171272)
My next phone is going to be a WP8 that will work on T-mobile's upcoming LTe network but I'll be fine with HSPA+ as their implementation of it is more spectrum efficient than AT$T and VZs implementation of it according to what I read on tmonews. Wonder what @gTen will say about that.

and we all know tmo news would never ever slant a story in tmobiles favor!
take it somewhere else fanboy.

eric12341 03-01-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2171275)
and we all know tmo news would never ever slant a story in tmobiles favor!
take it somewhere else fanboy.

they aren't slanting anything but are just going on facts. I'm not a Tmo fanboy I'm a great service/great value fanboy. I also didn't ask u anything,that was between me, @orangekid and @gTen

austin420 03-02-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171297)
they aren't slanting anything but are just going on facts. I'm not a Tmo fanboy I'm a great service/great value fanboy. I also didn't ask u anything,that was between me, @orangekod and @gTen

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171272)
@orangekid make sure u do an HSPA+ speed test too. I'm totally sure AT$Ts HSPA+ is slower than T-mobile's because theirs is only category 14 while T-mo is category 42. My next phone is going to be a WP8 that will work on T-mobile's upcoming LTe network but I'll be fine with HSPA+ as their implementation of it is more spectrum efficient than AT$T and VZs implementation of it according to what I read on tmonews. Wonder what @gTen will say about that.

first of all, vzw has no hspa+ so your statement makes no sense. also, by nature, lte is more spectrum efficent than hspa+. it can litterally serve up more bandwidth on less spectrum. that is what verizon is rolling out, so your statement is also not true.
concerning att, im sure their hspa+ network services more people that tmobiles small foot print. therefore also more efficent in another way than tmo.
i dont know what facts you are talking about. please cite source.
i really dont care if you were talking to me or not. the beauty of a public forum is that we all free to be here. even the wp7 trolls and tmo fanbois.

eric12341 03-02-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2171347)
first of all, vzw has no hspa+ so your statement makes no sense. also, by nature, lte is more spectrum efficent than hspa+. it can litterally serve up more bandwidth on less spectrum. that is what verizon is rolling out, so your statement is also not true.
concerning att, im sure their hspa+ network services more people that tmobiles small foot print. therefore also more efficent in another way than tmo.
i dont know what facts you are talking about. please cite source.
i really dont care if you were talking to me or not. the beauty of a public forum is that we all free to be here. even the wp7 trolls and tmo fanbois.

I know VZ has no HSPA+ I was talking about their LTe. HSPA+ is apparently more spectrum efficient than LTe release 8 which is what AT$T and VZ are both rolling out. Actually read my post this time. T-mo plans to roll out release 10 of LTe. and u wanted a source, here it is

Quote:

Ray continued to point out how T-Mobile will differentiate its LTE network from the competition by deploying LTE Release 10, which can be upgraded to LTE Advanced via a software upgrade. Ray explained that other operators, notably AT&T and Verizon have not deployed LTE Release 10 gear but instead opted to deploy LTE Release 8.
Quote:

Editors Note: Just to clarify for everyone who may ask, T-Mobile’s original LTE rollout will be theoretically capable of 72Mbps. The ability to software update the network to LTE 10 allows for T-Mobile to easily upgrade their network to much faster speeds with more backhaul. LTE 10 has a theoretical max of 150Mbps. For what it’s worth, our main spectrum guru Conan Kudo tells me that HSPA+ is really more network efficient than LTE up until release 10.
link

orangekid 03-02-2012 11:16 AM

Why would I care about my HSPA+ speed when I get LTE wherever I go?

It's like a one legged dude telling me "you might be able to run way faster than me on two legs, but let's see if you can do it on one leg"

HSPA+ on ATT in my area may or may not be faster than TMO, but LTE sure as hell is faster than anything tmobile has at the moment. If they get LTE in the future then good for them.

To be honest, I'd rather get on Sprint's LTE coming in a few months to my city, at least Sprint still offers real unlimited data, unlike ATT or Tmobile. But I wanted the Note now and don't like waiting. So maybe my next phone will be a Sprint LTE phone with unlimited data (no throttling).

But T-Mobile was a good phone company to be with, I just got tired of slow speeds, weaker phones, and that stupid AWS band that meant I couldn't use any international phones, or pay significantly higher prices for AWS enabled ones, the penta-band Galaxy Nexus being the exception.

austin420 03-02-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2171351)
I know VZ has no HSPA+ I was talking about their LTe. HSPA+ is apparently more spectrum efficient than LTe release 8 which is what AT$T and VZ are both rolling out. Actually read my post this time. T-mo plans to roll out release 10 of LTe. and u wanted a source, here it is

but just to clarify, tmobile not only hasnt rolled anythjing out yet, nor have they even announced a vendor for their infrastructure overhaul. everything is just speculation at this piont.
also, it easier to come out with a slightly newer variation of the same tech when your 2 years late to the party. (cough cough, im looking at you tmobile)

orangekid 03-02-2012 01:38 PM

Not only that, but is Sprint doing 8 or 10? because between Sprint and Tmobile, I'd rather go unlimited data and phones that are actually coming out SOON with LTE