PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   what phone do you currently own? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149093)

Riley 02-12-2012 07:44 PM

Re: what phone do you currently own?

HTC Rezound for now and like it alot. I don't plan on getting anything else this year and will probably keep it for the full 2 years unless something comes out that is much better and fully supported. Meaning for example, quad core device but no sense in getting it if the apps or os dont support it when its released.

orangekid 02-16-2012 05:42 PM

Looks like in 3 days I'll be picking up an AT&T Galaxy Note :)

eric12341 02-16-2012 07:39 PM

@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?

rainfreak 02-17-2012 03:20 AM

Maybe he's a masochist.

orangekid 02-17-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169201)
@orangekid ,why would u leave Tmo's faster,less congested network with cheaper prices and better policies for AT$T's more congested,slower network with higher prices and unfair billing practices?

@eric12341

Because my city gets INSANE LTE coverage. There is no AWS Galaxy Note and Tmobile is just getting behind the times. I can get "actual" 4G on ATT with the sickest phone ever (I'm a big screen guy) and I can use all those international phones too if I want. tmobile has no galaxy nexus, no Note, and no iPhone...

eric12341 02-17-2012 02:36 PM

@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.

orangekid 02-17-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169364)
@orangekid LTe isn't actual 4G either, LTe advanced is. U'll be limited to up to 4GB of it(don't think AT$T has higher data plans). T-mobile is also getting the galaxy nexus, u can blame apple for not making them an iPhone because they wanted it and tried to get it. The AT$T pending merger all last year also set them back but this year they will recover and have already started.

I have an iPhone 2G, so I can "loophole" unlimited data, also I wouldn't use more than 5GB a month anyways, but when I do, I want it fast.

LTE is A LOT faster than HSPA+ (which the note also supports, btw) and I'll probably average a realistic 12mb down anywhere in this huge city. I never get speeds like that on tmobile "4G"

Can you link me to T-Mobile getting a galaxy Nexus?

eric12341 02-17-2012 05:10 PM

@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.

orangekid 02-17-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2169407)
@orangekid Did Tony Hawk Just Out A T-Mobile Galaxy Nexus? I Think Not that's something I saw, I seen something else before but I can't find it. I guess it's just ur city because I've gotten 14mbps down on my HD7 on T-mobile 3G before.

I don't know about getting 14mbps down on any tmobile phone. I saw the tony hawk thing but that could mean anything honestly. I know that I live in a very good tmobile "4G" area and never get anywhere near 14mbps down, closer to 2 or 4 maybe, even on the mt4g, HD2, MT4Gslide, or any of the other thousands of tmobile phones I've owned.

edit:

plus it's a freaking 5.3" screen dude, I can't pass that up.

eric12341 02-17-2012 08:18 PM

Like i said u must be in an area with alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them. Likewise 2-4mpbs is still very good to do all streaming activities that one would ever want to do. 5.3" or not I still don't think it's worth selling ur soul to the devil tho. I also had the chance to goto AT$T and get the titan but I chose not to.