PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking about moving on...

SO...
I have to say that I have absolutly loved the touch pro 2.

Its a great little phone for sure, and the keyboard is down right amazing, every phone I have had since I dont know when has had a slide out physical keyboard.

But needless to say that the days of the touch pro 2 and Windows Mobile in general are over.

I keep reading about sooooo many people have been talking about their struggles with this phone as of late and the on going struggle with sprint and their lack of costomer services

Im no stranger to that.. the towers here still arnt fixed and they have no idea whats going on.

In any case... Im looking to move on.. Ive been due for an upgrade for i dont even know how long.

I can get pretty much anything I want from sprint for 99 bucks.

Ive grown to enjoy android over time as of late.. thnks to the android port
(I used to hate android.. mainly cause my brothers phone SUX)

Anyway.. that being said.. Ive been seriously concidering going over to the dark side and getting an evo shift.

As ive mensioned... I love phones with keyboards.. and next to the tp2.. the shift is a close second in the keyboard department..

I could care less about 4g. I honestly wish I could just use it without 4g cause a sprint rep told me that if I put a piece of paper over the phone (assuming I had it) that I would not have 4g and phone would default to 3g connection.
He told me that the area Im in only supports street coverage.. In other words Id have to be in an open field holding the phone up.

In any case..... I have to upgrade my contract by 20 bucks to get this device...
so any input and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Thinking about moving on...

had a shift and HATED it but your call.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

u know what I'll say, go for the HTC arrive,the mango update is about to hit officially but the beta is already out and it is amazing. or u could wait for the Samsung Omnia 7 to come to sprint it has a 4" screen and an FFC but no keyboard. the keyboard on the arrive is similar to the one on the tp2 so u'll feel right at home.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Seems like the Epic Touch is where I headed. I was just to busy this weekend to make it over to the Sprint store.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:20 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u know what I'll say, go for the HTC arrive,the mango update is about to hit officially but the beta is already out and it is amazing. or u could wait for the Samsung Omnia 7 to come to sprint it has a 4" screen and an FFC but no keyboard. the keyboard on the arrive is similar to the one on the tp2 so u'll feel right at home.
wholly shit i actually agree with eric. no bs this actually sounds perfect for op now that wp is getting strong with more updates/support/apps.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:22 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Seems like the Epic Touch is where I headed. I was just to busy this weekend to make it over to the Sprint store.
oh then eric's idea blows cause i have touch and its the best device i ever owned and i also have a photon and touch just kills it. pm me if theres anything about it you wanna know.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

@eric

Well I knew you would say that lol.

But the truth is.. I havnt seen a single thing on from the wp7 that I find appealing..

I mean ya.. the keyboard as almost exact and I do really like the phone from physical appeal.

The issue is that I havnt found anything appealing about the device when I used it at my sprint store..
I have grown really acustomed to all the flashy apps and mods. I mean I made my keyboard and messaging skins on windows mobile.. It feels like home...

Its just that all the videos I have seen over the arrive.. well any windows 7 phone for that matter.. Theres just no appeal to me because of its simplicity.
I love the HTC sence interface.. the vedios I watched had mentioned that Microsoft said that HTC had to use the overly generalized and simplified home screen..
That and I just bought a 16gb sd card and the arrive doesnt hold card >.>

I dont like that at all
And I havnt really been able to find anything on the mango you keep talking about.
If you can give me some better insight I might reconcider.

@darren
Thanks for the input but you really havnt told me anything about the phone.
I was looking for some insight and description rather then "I hate it" lol

Could you at least tell me why?

As far as the photon and the touch, could you just run through a few things you like/hate about them?
I know I can go watch an untold amount of youtube videos, but truth is that they arnt always telling the full story or dont really go off personal experience.

Thanks

Overall to anyone else
Ive grown to like HTC, they are veeeery good quality phones in my opinion.
Samsung on the otherhand... I personally think they are reminisant of the roman empier in that they have their sights set waaaay to vastly in the electronics department. They make way too many thing so to give full attension to just phones.

Ive had alot of samsungs, and my brother still uses samsungs.
And Im fed up with them. My brothers phone is leterally garbage. it has android 2.1 and since he bought it it has been screwy.

Now im not saying all samsung phones are crap, Ive just had nothing but bad experiences with them.

And I read up on the fact that Sprint will be getting iphones. Im not to thrilled about the idea of having an iphone.. I mean it seems like everyone I know has one and I just cant really tolerate them..
But who knows.. maybe by the time It is released I'll find something about the i5 I like.

Does anyone have any info on that?

thanks

Last edited by aedon; 09-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
acs tester

i was a samsung hater and i even posted my views about it in my wp7 thread but after talking with gten he made me give them a chance and that was for original epic and i loved that phone and still do but i sold mine but friday im getting another for 50$ but new touch is just amazing and is even better than "old" epic and as far as shift goes reception was great and i liked seeing sense again since its been awhile (tp2) since i used it but phone is way too small and not much development going on imo. i guess for a daily driver its fine but i like to tweak my devices and it just wasnt there for me.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Its just that all the videos I have seen over the arrive.. well any windows 7 phone for that matter.. Theres just no appeal to me because of its simplicity.
thats exactly how i feel , i need something to hack ;P i am a ppcgeek ya know proud of it too !
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
@eric

Well I knew you would say that lol.

But the truth is.. I havnt seen a single thing on from the wp7 that I find appealing..

I mean ya.. the keyboard as almost exact and I do really like the phone from physical appeal.

The issue is that I havnt found anything appealing about the device when I used it at my sprint store..
I have grown really acustomed to all the flashy apps and mods. I mean I made my keyboard and messaging skins on windows mobile.. It feels like home...

I love the HTC sence interface.. the vedios I watched had mentioned that Microsoft said that HTC had to use the overly generalized and simplified home screen..
That and I just bought a 16gb sd card and the arrive doesnt hold card >.>

well as for the SD card situation the arrive can take them but it requires some surgery to be performed. a couple of members @steveo70 and @dtrush have performed this operation and have had success. as for mango it brings tons of new functionality and improvements to wp7, built in Facebook chat,built in Facebook news feed in the people hub,group mms, IE9, Bing vision,Bing audio (like shazam), improved keyboard,improved battery life, full control over which apps can run in the background and which can't,DLNA,Zune smartDJ. really can't get a feel for how a device is by just watching a video

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison