PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

luv2drum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't Get Remote Desktop through VPN To Connect

Here's my trouble, I am trying to get Remote Desktop on my Treo Pro to connect to a PC on our work network, tunneling through a VPN which is setup on a Windows Server 2003 on our network. I have the VPN settings all set on my phone correctly and am able to go into IE on the phone, put in an IP of a PC on my network, and have it show that it's connecting to the VPN, then the intranet site pulls up fine. So I know I have the VPN set correctly, and the exceptions as well since it works fine in IE.

However, when I go to Remote Desktop and use the same IP, nothing happens when I hit connect. I don't see the VPN connecting, and eventually I get the error..."Cannot Connect. Likely reasons are...1. The remote computer is not setup for this. 2. Reached maximum number of connections. 3. A network error occured while connecting."

To make things even more confusing, I actually did have had it work about 3 times, all in a row when I was testing two days ago, only to then have it not work from that point forward.

Also, I can get to that PC just fine on my laptop from outside our LAN if I use the MS VPN connection in XP. I can remote desktop, ping etc... So I know it works and all ports are setup correctly on our firewall and the PC is correctly configured.

So I'm led to believe something in the remote desktop program on the Treo just isn't signaling the need to connect the VPN properly. Is there something I'm missing? I've even tried the "Finster RDP" remote desktop cab thinking maybe mine was just corrupt, but same result.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to be able to remote desktop in to our network for remote admin in a pinch. Thanks for any help!!

Lars

EDIT: One other little tidbit... I just tried connecting my phone to my wifi at home through AT&T. Once connected, I tried Remote Desktop. It didn't work by itself, however if I went in and manually connected the VPN on the phone, then tried it...bam...remote desktop worked fine. So I then switched back to Sprint's network off the wifi...tried same thing and no joy again. So maybe Sprint is blocking that port????

Last edited by luv2drum; 08-26-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro