PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Who is using which ROM for the Treo Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118275)

raiderfan247365 05-10-2010 05:11 PM

Re: Who is using which ROM for the Treo Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPutzback (Post 1743307)
I just finished flashing IConRom and tested ICS. As long as that works I am pretty much satisfied.

I'd have to say I have no complaints about MightyROM. I'd say that is the best and fastest one I have used and I have tried every single one on this site. From the looks of what is installed, (very little) in IconRom I think it has the potential to be fast.

Installing Skyfire, Netflix, Google App and Home Screen Customizer. That is pretty much all I need.

you try my 21903?

PAPutzback 05-11-2010 07:16 AM

I'll be looking for 21903 now.

PAPutzback 05-11-2010 07:27 AM

Actually I am going to try your realVGA one since the other one doesn't have ICS cooked in.

gmore 05-13-2010 02:50 PM

Semi ROM/Flash noob here - does 6.5 for this phone have a similar calendar to the stock Palm WM6.1 or is it more like that on the HTC TP2 ? If so - any 6.1 Custom ROM recommnedations ? (have searched long and hard, but not clear on this) - Thanks in advance.

Brief history: Long time on Centro, tried HTC TP2 (6.1, 6.5, and custom 6.5), couldn't handle the form factor and calendar access/use - just got my Palm TP and am liking so far but would like some additions/speed.

raiderfan247365 05-13-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmore (Post 1750094)
Semi ROM/Flash noob here - does 6.5 for this phone have a similar calendar to the stock Palm WM6.1 or is it more like that on the HTC TP2 ? If so - any 6.1 Custom ROM recommnedations ? (have searched long and hard, but not clear on this) - Thanks in advance.

Brief history: Long time on Centro, tried HTC TP2 (6.1, 6.5, and custom 6.5), couldn't handle the form factor and calendar access/use - just got my Palm TP and am liking so far but would like some additions/speed.

Ok, yes WM 6.5 on the Treo Pro is standard Calender view. Touch Pro 2 runs a UI called "Manilla", the Treo Pro does not. I am in the process of getting a clean 6.1 ROM together but am waiting on a good SYS package. In the mean time you could try this.

gmore 05-13-2010 07:37 PM

To be clear, no change in the calendar from Palm stock WM6.1 to custom WM6.5 - both are 'standard calendar view' correct ? Sorry for my ignorance and the diversion to this thread - I very much prefer the stock Palm WM6.1 calendar and if its the same on the custom 6.5 ROMs, have no problem giving them a try.

Thanks for the response raiderfan247365 , been following your 6.5(.5) threads and will look for your 6.1 as well. Flashing the TP2 seemed common place so I dove right in, but the Treo Pro seems a tad more 'risky' for a semi-noob like me, so proceeding with a bit more caution.

raiderfan247365 05-13-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmore (Post 1750930)
To be clear, no change in the calendar from Palm stock WM6.1 to custom WM6.5 - both are 'standard calendar view' correct ? Sorry for my ignorance and the diversion to this thread - I very much prefer the stock Palm WM6.1 calendar and if its the same on the custom 6.5 ROMs, have no problem giving them a try.

Thanks for the response raiderfan247365 , been following your 6.5(.5) threads and will look for your 6.1 as well. Flashing the TP2 seemed common place so I dove right in, but the Treo Pro seems a tad more 'risky' for a semi-noob like me, so proceeding with a bit more caution.

yes same calender. "Risky" i dont think so as long as you follow these instructions!

gmore 05-14-2010 02:33 PM

Cool - Thanks again !

hypeguru 07-04-2010 11:16 AM

I've flashed nearly all-of-the-above & MATBEE 23541 has been STELLAR, FAST, RELIABLE, STABLE, AND my phone ACTUALLY rings/vibrates for calls. ALSO GREAT WITH COMMUNICATION :-))) with follow-up in forums, even though Mightyrom looked promising (FOR A MOMENT) I'm glad I didn't become a fan; no communication of ringer issue & back to 03-16 version put me :-( ,it looked like 6.1 (EWWW 10years for me, out of date). At first my Matbee flash went haywire & had to hard reset to remove "hiccups"; troubleshooted functionality after every software install by callin a jizillion 3x from various phones after little changes (like switch mp3 ringtones-default, clicked box "disable touchscreen: while on a phone call" [settings>personal>phone on SPB MShell], regedit; disable palm keyguard, removal of sprint CRAP, delete htc guardian [mydevice>windows>startup] [then] [install web&mms 10-14-09 for METRO POS/pcs], install Garmin MobilexT)
I AM SUPER :-))))) TRULY GRATEFUL FOR ALL HARD WORK, CFAY;bringin the 1st, MIGHTYROM for the eyecandy/sexy rom03-29, bigE LOADED, & MATBEE, da man for balancing eyecandy with function!