PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Who is using which ROM for the Treo Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118275)

xdalaw 04-16-2010 07:36 PM

Who is using which ROM for the Treo Pro?

Self Explanatory: Wondering who's using which ROM with their CDMA Treo Pro?

1) Stock Sprint 6.1 ROM

2) MightyROM 6.5 Version

3) MightyROM 6.5.3 Version

4) CFay 6.5.1 version (5.2.23409)

5) MatBee 6.5.5 (March 03 (or other))

6) BigE ROM 23518 (1/31/2010)

7) Other (please specify)

Please feel free to add your pluses and minuses with the various versions and why you've "settled" on the one your using now.

I'm using the MightyROM 6.5 version for now. I'd probably be using his 6.5.3 version if the ringer worked for incoming calls.

Carla 04-16-2010 09:07 PM

Re: Who is using which ROM for the Treo Pro?

Moved to General Treo Pro Discussion :)

xdalaw 04-16-2010 09:28 PM

Why does this thread not belong in the CDMA Treo Pro Upgrades section?

Carla 04-16-2010 09:35 PM

"To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio."

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99790

Hope that helps and best of luck with your poll :)

AS329 04-16-2010 10:46 PM

I flashed for the first time over the weekend and picked the BigE because it had 96dpi built in. Had it on 6.1 and couldn't imagine going back. That said, I am sure I will flash a couple times just to try out different ones now that I know what I'm doing (or know just enough to make me dangerous). Hopefully this will hold me over until the EVO hits, unless I end up with a TP2 by then...:???:

flash67 04-18-2010 01:44 PM

MatBees ROM all the way... cFays rom was the absolute worst thing ever... But that ROM was the start of the scene for the treo pro... So you have to give it that respect.

Mightyrom doesnt look that great. Literally looks too "mighty..."

fakeguy 04-19-2010 12:55 PM

After MM I went back to stock.

PAPutzback 04-20-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash67 (Post 1705541)
MatBees ROM all the way... cFays rom was the absolute worst thing ever... But that ROM was the start of the scene for the treo pro... So you have to give it that respect.

Mightyrom doesnt look that great. Literally looks too "mighty..."

Too Mighty. It is the leanest one I thought. I to am waiting on the EVO though.

tomdt 04-22-2010 01:48 AM

Really like BigE's 1/31 version. Most stable from my experience, least problems with other apps, all the core features work well (phone, ringer, bt, contacts, text, etc.). 96dpi built in (a little harder to read, but so much more real estate).

xSubZer0x 04-22-2010 10:08 PM

mightyrom ftw :D

xdalaw 04-30-2010 07:07 AM

I've switched to IconROM and have been very satisfied! Fast and stable with good battery life. Not even itching to try another after a few days with this one.

briggs 04-30-2010 08:38 AM

I'm running Mighty's 3-16 panther release.

Big D5 05-01-2010 08:44 PM

IconROM for me to xdalaw recomended it to me yesterday and after one day of use I am thinking it is a very smooth and stable ROM

Adrian Korvedzk 05-05-2010 02:01 AM

I'm using MightyROM 6.5 right now. I think it works better than his 6.5.3 build, at least for me. I've been looking at IconROM, and have it ready, but still iffy about flashing again. I mean seriously... I can only load my contacts so many times before I flip out. xD

briggs 05-05-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Korvedzk (Post 1735614)
I think it works better than his 6.5.3 build, at least for me. I've been looking at IconROM, and have it ready, but still iffy about flashing again. I mean seriously... I can only load my contacts so many times before I flip out. xD

Mike agrees his 6.5 is better too.

Use active sync and outlook for your contacts, or microsoft myphone (in the rom) or sync them with hotmail/gmail. way easier than doing anythign by hand.

PAPutzback 05-06-2010 09:44 AM

If I had to readd my contacts I would never have flashed. I need to find this IconRom now.

tomdt 05-08-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPutzback (Post 1737717)
If I had to readd my contacts I would never have flashed. I need to find this IconRom now.

Here you go:

The thread => http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119097

The download link => http://www.mediafire.com/file/mted2tdoi1n/IconROM.zip

You will love this ROM.

blwatson 05-09-2010 11:01 AM

I am using RadierRom, and I love it. It doesn't have all the programs like that other roms, and it just looks good. It's a basic 6.5 rom, and is fast and stable.

PAPutzback 05-10-2010 10:26 AM

I just finished flashing IConRom and tested ICS. As long as that works I am pretty much satisfied.

I'd have to say I have no complaints about MightyROM. I'd say that is the best and fastest one I have used and I have tried every single one on this site. From the looks of what is installed, (very little) in IconRom I think it has the potential to be fast.

Installing Skyfire, Netflix, Google App and Home Screen Customizer. That is pretty much all I need.

mulhiny 05-10-2010 04:34 PM

Mighty 3-16..Not a fan of 6.5.x roms and I like 'em clean. So far so good.

raiderfan247365 05-10-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPutzback (Post 1743307)
I just finished flashing IConRom and tested ICS. As long as that works I am pretty much satisfied.

I'd have to say I have no complaints about MightyROM. I'd say that is the best and fastest one I have used and I have tried every single one on this site. From the looks of what is installed, (very little) in IconRom I think it has the potential to be fast.

Installing Skyfire, Netflix, Google App and Home Screen Customizer. That is pretty much all I need.

you try my 21903?

PAPutzback 05-11-2010 07:16 AM

I'll be looking for 21903 now.

PAPutzback 05-11-2010 07:27 AM

Actually I am going to try your realVGA one since the other one doesn't have ICS cooked in.

gmore 05-13-2010 02:50 PM

Semi ROM/Flash noob here - does 6.5 for this phone have a similar calendar to the stock Palm WM6.1 or is it more like that on the HTC TP2 ? If so - any 6.1 Custom ROM recommnedations ? (have searched long and hard, but not clear on this) - Thanks in advance.

Brief history: Long time on Centro, tried HTC TP2 (6.1, 6.5, and custom 6.5), couldn't handle the form factor and calendar access/use - just got my Palm TP and am liking so far but would like some additions/speed.

raiderfan247365 05-13-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmore (Post 1750094)
Semi ROM/Flash noob here - does 6.5 for this phone have a similar calendar to the stock Palm WM6.1 or is it more like that on the HTC TP2 ? If so - any 6.1 Custom ROM recommnedations ? (have searched long and hard, but not clear on this) - Thanks in advance.

Brief history: Long time on Centro, tried HTC TP2 (6.1, 6.5, and custom 6.5), couldn't handle the form factor and calendar access/use - just got my Palm TP and am liking so far but would like some additions/speed.

Ok, yes WM 6.5 on the Treo Pro is standard Calender view. Touch Pro 2 runs a UI called "Manilla", the Treo Pro does not. I am in the process of getting a clean 6.1 ROM together but am waiting on a good SYS package. In the mean time you could try this.

gmore 05-13-2010 07:37 PM

To be clear, no change in the calendar from Palm stock WM6.1 to custom WM6.5 - both are 'standard calendar view' correct ? Sorry for my ignorance and the diversion to this thread - I very much prefer the stock Palm WM6.1 calendar and if its the same on the custom 6.5 ROMs, have no problem giving them a try.

Thanks for the response raiderfan247365 , been following your 6.5(.5) threads and will look for your 6.1 as well. Flashing the TP2 seemed common place so I dove right in, but the Treo Pro seems a tad more 'risky' for a semi-noob like me, so proceeding with a bit more caution.

raiderfan247365 05-13-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmore (Post 1750930)
To be clear, no change in the calendar from Palm stock WM6.1 to custom WM6.5 - both are 'standard calendar view' correct ? Sorry for my ignorance and the diversion to this thread - I very much prefer the stock Palm WM6.1 calendar and if its the same on the custom 6.5 ROMs, have no problem giving them a try.

Thanks for the response raiderfan247365 , been following your 6.5(.5) threads and will look for your 6.1 as well. Flashing the TP2 seemed common place so I dove right in, but the Treo Pro seems a tad more 'risky' for a semi-noob like me, so proceeding with a bit more caution.

yes same calender. "Risky" i dont think so as long as you follow these instructions!

gmore 05-14-2010 02:33 PM

Cool - Thanks again !

hypeguru 07-04-2010 11:16 AM

I've flashed nearly all-of-the-above & MATBEE 23541 has been STELLAR, FAST, RELIABLE, STABLE, AND my phone ACTUALLY rings/vibrates for calls. ALSO GREAT WITH COMMUNICATION :-))) with follow-up in forums, even though Mightyrom looked promising (FOR A MOMENT) I'm glad I didn't become a fan; no communication of ringer issue & back to 03-16 version put me :-( ,it looked like 6.1 (EWWW 10years for me, out of date). At first my Matbee flash went haywire & had to hard reset to remove "hiccups"; troubleshooted functionality after every software install by callin a jizillion 3x from various phones after little changes (like switch mp3 ringtones-default, clicked box "disable touchscreen: while on a phone call" [settings>personal>phone on SPB MShell], regedit; disable palm keyguard, removal of sprint CRAP, delete htc guardian [mydevice>windows>startup] [then] [install web&mms 10-14-09 for METRO POS/pcs], install Garmin MobilexT)
I AM SUPER :-))))) TRULY GRATEFUL FOR ALL HARD WORK, CFAY;bringin the 1st, MIGHTYROM for the eyecandy/sexy rom03-29, bigE LOADED, & MATBEE, da man for balancing eyecandy with function!