PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Carrier: Sprint

Sprints700wx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Found Out How To Password Screenlock For My 800

Is there any password screen lock apps like that in the iphone ? i know there a gay *** keyguard but i was looking for something more of the lines of if you dont know the password you arnt looking at anything past that please enter unlock code =)

***** I KNOW THIS IS PROB OLD TO EVERYONE BUT HEY WE LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY !!!!****

(PASSWORD LOCK YOUR SCREEN/PHONE)

Here's how to do it:

Go to Start >Settings >Password or Lock (non-touch screen smartphones: Start >Settings >Security >Device Lock).
Select the check box labeled “Prompt if device unused for.” In the corresponding drop-down box you can specify any time from 0 minutes up to 24 hours. This specifies the amount of time, after your device powers down, before password protection is activated.
In the “Password type” field, select one of two options:
Simple 4-digit: This lets you enter a simple 4-number password, which is easy to enter, but susceptible to brute-force solving by a potential hacker.
Strong Alphanumeric: This lets you enter a longer password. It must be at least seven characters, but can be as long as 20 characters and must be a combination of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols. This type of password is harder to remember and enter, but is much more resistant to being cracked.

Once you’ve entered your password and confirmed it, tap OK (or Done) and you’ll be asked if you want to “...save password settings changes?” Tap Yes (smartphones: Done).
If you leave your device inactive for the period of time you specified in step 2 above, it will lock up. To access it, you will have to enter the password. If you think you’ll have a problem remembering it, write it down and keep it somewhere safe, but not on your device! If you do lose your password, you’ll have to hard reset your device.
Note: The time you set for password protection begins being counted after your device powers down. For example, if you set your device to power down after 3 minutes of lack of use, and you set the password time for 5 minutes, password protection is activated 8 minutes after the last time you use your device. If you press the Off button on your touch screen device, password protection is activated after 5 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg password.jpg (20.5 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sprints700wx; 05-06-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

DariRose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Found Out How To Password Screenlock For My 800

This is great if you want to lock the screen. Now I've decided I don't want to any longer, but I cannot unselect the "Prompt if unused for" checkbox. Can you help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w