PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Lurker

kneebiter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing the Sprint bar from Today

Hi all, I finally managed to remove the carrier logo bar across the top of the Today screen! I don't know if it's been irritating anyone else but it drove me nuts not having that real estate available. Since Mavick's awesome hidelogo wouldn't work on the 800w, I decided to scour the registry...nothing jumped out at me. So I turned to the thing that's gotten me through life so far...dumb luck. Here's what I've got:

SPB Mobile Shell 2.1
SPB Diary 2.5.8
SPB Pocket Plus 4.02

(I have registered copies, don't no if eval versions will work)

Enable Mobile Shell and Diary in the Today settings. Leave Pocket Plus unchecked and below the others. Go to the Pocket Plus settings and enable Today Plugin then enter Feature Options. On the Advanced Tab check the "Place plug-in on the top of the Today screen" box. Now open the Today settings and look at the items list. The "Dial Lookup" item is now visible to uncheck. This got rid of the stupid Sprint bar on my Treo...you may also hafta check "Hide Lookup Field" with the Menu softkey.

Post your results if you give it a try.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 PM
N00b

zelet is a n00b
Re: Removing the Sprint bar from Today

Thanks for figuring that out. I don't have any of those applications though so I'll probably wait until somebody figures out a different way.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle

can you still dial straight from the home screen?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Katahdin is just getting started

I tried this but it messes up when I make a call. The call screen no longer shows up.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:06 PM
N00b

zelet is a n00b

TreoAlert can put the date where the carrier logo is. It doesn't get you the screen area back but at least you can have something useful there.

It can be found here:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050

Remember, there are still some bugs since it is in beta but it's been working for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i guess this would be useful if you have SPB Programs but im not sure that ALOT of people have it. Either way though, thanks for contributing

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You don't need to do any of what the OP mentioned, which is a lot of jumping around.
  1. Just installed SKTools and go to the Today Plugins section
  2. Unpin and uncheck "Dial Lookup"
So why don't we all do this?

Simple, it disables like all of the Palm hacks for the today screen This is why HideLogo was invented as it kept the plugin (but hidden) and the Palm hacks.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
You don't need to do any of what the OP mentioned, which is a lot of jumping around.
  1. Just installed SKTools and go to the Today Plugins section
  2. Unpin and uncheck "Dial Lookup"
So why don't we all do this?

Simple, it disables like all of the Palm hacks for the today screen This is why HideLogo was invented as it kept the plugin (but hidden) and the Palm hacks.
So that does the exact same thing hidelogo did, or is there more going on there? I think that would be worth paying for SKTools itself (if I hadn't already LOL)!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
So that does the exact same thing hidelogo did, or is there more going on there? I think that would be worth paying for SKTools itself (if I hadn't already LOL)!!!!
No.

Hidelogo was itself a plugin that simply masked the appearance of the Dial Lookup plugin--it was still technically there, just...well hidden.

That's why it had no side effects.

But if you unpin (make it show up in your Today plugins) and uncheck (disable it), you will now loose a bunch of options.

So you can do this but...for many of us, it's just a terrible trade off. I bet a new version of HideLogo will get done, but eventually.

This stuff can take a few weeks.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

But if you unpin (make it show up in your Today plugins) and uncheck (disable it), you will now loose a bunch of options.
Just out of curiosity....what options do we loose (if you know off hand)?

Quote:
This stuff can take a few weeks.
No prob there...I am forced to wait a few MONTHS until VZW carries it (at least that is how much I HOPE I have to wait)!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w